It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints

Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:08 pm 

Normally I'd agree, but the Bungs, and the Rats both lost, so we advanced without having to play a game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 pm 
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.

Well...the Steelers were up essentially 2.5 prior to today as 2 game lead+tiebreaker = 2.5....sooo...

If you calculate losses rather than total games its 2 vs 5 PLUS the tiebreaker advantage.....

Im hoping the remaining Bengals and Ravens games can be rendered meaningless in afc north terms AND conference seeding however

Would really be great to see the cheats catch a few Ls coming up.....Chiefs and Bills too

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Well...the Steelers were up essentially 2.5 prior to today as 2 game lead+tiebreaker = 2.5....sooo...

If you calculate losses rather than total games its 2 vs 5 PLUS the tiebreaker advantage.....

Im hoping the remaining Bengals and Ravens games can be rendered meaningless in afc north terms AND conference seeding however

Would really be great to see the cheats catch a few Ls coming up.....Chiefs and Bills too

For sure on Chefs, but I'd like to see the Bills winning....keep them in position to perhaps win the East over Patriots.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 pm 
Thats a point I will contemplate and protrude my wisdom on at a later date....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:40 pm 

Count me as another who can’t stand the bye week. Even when things fall according to SBI as it did today, the bye week is still lame! I know the players hate the Thursday night games; any consensus on how they feel about the bye week?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 am 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
Count me as another who can’t stand the bye week. Even when things fall according to SBI as it did today, the bye week is still lame! I know the players hate the Thursday night games; any consensus on how they feel about the bye week?

I'm thinking they like it. A week off? Why wouldn't they like that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:52 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:

I'm thinking they like it. A week off? Why wouldn't they like that?

I love the bye. First as it stands now we can heal up our minor injuries. But more importantly we need for the coaches to fix our sluggish offense. We're not ready for the top teams in the NFL. We are underperforming.

So we gain on the division. Heal our wounded and get to reset the O. If we don't perform to our talent level there will be another wasted season staring right at us.

Bye Bye Super Bowl Championship #7!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 am 

There’s no “2.5”.

As with baseball, look at the difference in the loss column.

Steelers are three up in the loss column, with a slight leg up in division and conference tiebreakers.

Take care of division business over the last eight weeks, and we should be good to go.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 am 
Jeemie wrote:
There’s no “2.5”.

As with baseball, look at the difference in the loss column.

Steelers are three up in the loss column, with a slight leg up in division and conference tiebreakers.

Take care of division business over the last eight weeks, and we should be good to go.

Incorrect as usual Jeemie.....

Its 3.5 due to this 5 losses - 2 losses = 3 game advantage + tiebreaker = 3.5

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next