It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5831
SteelerChef wrote:
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints



Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:08 pm
Posts: 469
Normally I'd agree, but the Bungs, and the Rats both lost, so we advanced without having to play a game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:10 pm 
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints



Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.


Well...the Steelers were up essentially 2.5 prior to today as 2 game lead+tiebreaker = 2.5....sooo...

If you calculate losses rather than total games its 2 vs 5 PLUS the tiebreaker advantage.....

Im hoping the remaining Bengals and Ravens games can be rendered meaningless in afc north terms AND conference seeding however

Would really be great to see the cheats catch a few Ls coming up.....Chiefs and Bills too


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5831
SteelerChef wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Steelers pretty much CRUSHED the bye week tho....
Ravens Bengals Chiefs all fall another notch behind...

This week .....go broncos....geaux saints



Absolutely did....2.5 game lead in the Division with a win over both Ravens & Bungals. ONLY remaining question should be whether Steelers land a Bye, and hopefully #1 seed.


Well...the Steelers were up essentially 2.5 prior to today as 2 game lead+tiebreaker = 2.5....sooo...

If you calculate losses rather than total games its 2 vs 5 PLUS the tiebreaker advantage.....

Im hoping the remaining Bengals and Ravens games can be rendered meaningless in afc north terms AND conference seeding however

Would really be great to see the cheats catch a few Ls coming up.....Chiefs and Bills too


For sure on Chefs, but I'd like to see the Bills winning....keep them in position to perhaps win the East over Patriots.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 pm 
Thats a point I will contemplate and protrude my wisdom on at a later date....


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 62
Count me as another who can’t stand the bye week. Even when things fall according to SBI as it did today, the bye week is still lame! I know the players hate the Thursday night games; any consensus on how they feel about the bye week?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 5366
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Count me as another who can’t stand the bye week. Even when things fall according to SBI as it did today, the bye week is still lame! I know the players hate the Thursday night games; any consensus on how they feel about the bye week?

I'm thinking they like it. A week off? Why wouldn't they like that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:28 pm
Posts: 444
Poltargyst wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Count me as another who can’t stand the bye week. Even when things fall according to SBI as it did today, the bye week is still lame! I know the players hate the Thursday night games; any consensus on how they feel about the bye week?

I'm thinking they like it. A week off? Why wouldn't they like that?


I love the bye. First as it stands now we can heal up our minor injuries. But more importantly we need for the coaches to fix our sluggish offense. We're not ready for the top teams in the NFL. We are underperforming.

So we gain on the division. Heal our wounded and get to reset the O. If we don't perform to our talent level there will be another wasted season staring right at us.

Bye Bye Super Bowl Championship #7!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 20195
There’s no “2.5”.

As with baseball, look at the difference in the loss column.

Steelers are three up in the loss column, with a slight leg up in division and conference tiebreakers.

Take care of division business over the last eight weeks, and we should be good to go.

_________________
Bill Walsh: “Your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I HATE the freakin' Bye Week
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:21 am 
Jeemie wrote:
There’s no “2.5”.

As with baseball, look at the difference in the loss column.

Steelers are three up in the loss column, with a slight leg up in division and conference tiebreakers.

Take care of division business over the last eight weeks, and we should be good to go.


Incorrect as usual Jeemie.....

Its 3.5 due to this 5 losses - 2 losses = 3 game advantage + tiebreaker = 3.5


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JackSplat58 and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group