It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tuit, Gilbert and Bryant
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:29 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't think Ben is in the death throes of his career or anything... and it's no small thing that he is leading this somewhat dysfunctional team to the top of the conference in record.

You can still win with Ben. Obviously!

His mobility looks gone. And he no longer looks to go through all the reads, at least not as much. I think the lack of mobility is causing him to want to get the ball out faster. So we're not getting as many of those patented WTF Ben plays.

Loss of mobility means we are looking at post-peak Ben for sure.

But the team is 6-2, so, you can win with the guy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:50 pm 

Ice wrote:
He has run routes other than a go or slant.

He supposedly looked great running a full route tree on the scout team. He also did more of that vs Den in playoffs and in Ben 6 TD Indy game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:54 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't think Ben is in the death throes of his career or anything... and it's no small thing that he is leading this somewhat dysfunctional team to the top of the conference in record.

You can still win with Ben. Obviously!

His mobility looks gone. And he no longer looks to go through all the reads, at least not as much. I think the lack of mobility is causing him to want to get the ball out faster. So we're not getting as many of those patented WTF Ben plays.

Loss of mobility means we are looking at post-peak Ben for sure.

But the team is 6-2, so, you can win with the guy.

The league-wide state of the QB position is so bad, that Ben could be in a wheelchair and a have broken right arm and still be a top 10 QB.

But yeah, I'm definitely in the boat of thinking Ben isn't the QB he was 3-4 years ago. Agree with Lit's points and will add a general lack of accuracy onto it, as well. The guy is missing throws he wouldn't have missed back then, and isn't hitting guys in stride as much when he does complete them. He was never Tom Brady in the ball placement category, but he used to be a lot better than what he's shown over the past two seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:10 pm 

Quote:
The league-wide state of the QB position is so bad, that Ben could be in a wheelchair and a have broken right arm and still be a top 10 QB.

I’m not sure he’s a top 10 QB now without that wheelchair & broken right arm.

He is 9th in yards so he makes the cut there.

18th in TDs
37th in rating
19th yards per attempt

He is 5th in INTs so solid top 10 there.

We are 6-2 so hard to be too critical but if we are being real here we could be 6-2 with a lot of mediocre QBs handing the ball to Leveon Bell a league leading number of times.

With a handful of QBs that are currently playing better than Ben we could realistically be 8-0.

He’s been a part of the problem unfortunately right along with Haley, Tomlin, and the receivers not names Brown or JuJu.

This coming from a long-time Ben homer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:14 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
I expect to flat out annihilate Indianapolis this coming weekend. A victory of 45-13 sounds good to me.

Slop and slather. Steelers win 15-13.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:20 pm 

Obviously wrote:
smithessmokin wrote:
I expect to flat out annihilate Indianapolis this coming weekend. A victory of 45-13 sounds good to me.

Start tipping your hat

Brisset > Glennon

Veteran RB in Gore

TY Hilton

Desperate team playing at home

Violent men on blades of grass

Tums

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:27 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

18th in TDs
37th in rating
19th yards per attempt

We are 6-2 so hard to be too critical but if we are being real here we could be 6-2 with a lot of mediocre QBs handing the ball to Leveon Bell a league leading number of times.

With a handful of QBs that are currently playing better than Ben we could realistically be 8-0.

He’s been a part of the problem unfortunately right along with Haley, Tomlin, and the receivers not names Brown or JuJu.

Yeah, I didn't look up the stats before posting that, but I share these general feelings, as well.

I keep seeing people blame the system, receivers, etc...and I don't doubt they share some of the blame. But there's just so many throws that should be easy that he's not being precise with right now. Wide open crossing patterns, simple dump passes, etc.

When I'm watching the games, I find myself constantly yelling at Haley for not attacking the deep/intermediate middle of the field more, but on the rare instances that Ben does throw passes, I also find myself cringing at what the result is going to be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:33 pm 

Obviously wrote:
smithessmokin wrote:

The Steelers have kicked the shit out of Indy in each of the last 3 seasons. Here's hoping that trend continues.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:40 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

18th in TDs
37th in rating
19th yards per attempt

Ben and the offense got off to a slow start. Sloppy execution and poor situational play calling didn't help. Lots of moving parts with little continuity carry over from last season. Ben pressed in a few games and didn't play well. He has gotten better over the past few games and is hitting more downfield plays. His YPA has risen too. I think his best football is in front of him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:42 pm 

His best football this season or his best football career?

If this season I would agree. I’m expecting him to play better too.

The forced throws into triple coverage need to stop though. No reason we can’t scheme someone open with what we have to work with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next