It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3137
955876 wrote:

Im not against some of the points you are raising Jebrick. My comment was to make people admit/realize that if all guns were confiscated or people strong armed/forced to turn them in by the government then the ONLY people who should still have guns would be the criminals. They aren’t turning theirs in and most don’t own them legally so can’t be tracked.

The scumbag that shot up the Texas church was kicked out of Air Force for committing a violent crime. The AF was required (by law) to inform DOJ of this upon his discharge but failed to do so.

Had they did as required by laws already on the books that scumbag would not have been able to purchase the guns used in his sick crime.

If we simply enforce the laws already out there we’d cut down in this shit. But the hiv can’t even do that. And yet more laws will?

What also isn’t happening is the enforcement of penalties when people with criminal records are caught with guns who shouldn’t have them. Police have complained of this.


which is why we should be funding the ATF and police. And we should be giving them every weapon to stop illegal weapon sales. Just throwing our hands up solves nothing. Why can't they enforce the laws. it is not because they are ignoring them. Making it easier to trace firearms movement is one answer. Making smart firearms is another small step. Doing nothing should not be an option.

But again. If nothing got done after 26 teachers and children are killed then nothing is going to happen. The Government will continue to cut metal heath care ( which Trump blamed on the last 2 mass shootings). Sure it is a problem but what can we do :roll:

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1681
jebrick wrote:
Lets rather assume a law is passed that all fire arms are registered in a federal DB. Lets assume that the law requires reporting a stolen weapon within 2 weeks of it happening or it will be a crime. Lets assume that any crime commit with a stolen weapon that was not reported is also charged against the person who did not report it. Lets assume that the ATF will do data mining to determine if anyone seems to have reported a lot of stolen weapons that later show up in crimes. Could that help law enforcement with straw sales? Would that help with 80% of the illegal firearm sales?

Maybe. It could also incentivize people to purchase guns illegally rather than deal with the headache you just described. As mentioned earlier, both the Charleston shooter and Texas shooter should have been barred from owning guns, but the Feds fucked up their database.

Honestly, I think alot of this debate is backward. I personally would rather see us enforce existing laws and focus on removing guns from known criminals and the mentally ill; then we can make gun laws more restrictive for law-abiding citizens.

Quote:
which is why we should be funding the ATF and police. And we should be giving them every weapon to stop illegal weapon sales. Just throwing our hands up solves nothing. Why can't they enforce the laws. it is not because they are ignoring them. Making it easier to trace firearms movement is one answer. Making smart firearms is another small step. Doing nothing should not be an option.

But again. If nothing got done after 26 teachers and children are killed then nothing is going to happen. The Government will continue to cut metal heath care ( which Trump blamed on the last 2 mass shootings). Sure it is a problem but what can we do :roll:

Or....government is just incompetent. Education and health care are concrete proof that throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3137
Still Lit wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
Guns are here to stay.. sorry but its tooooo late to put the genie back in the bottle on that... so no sense in getting your short hairs in a bundle..


But then I'm not one of the dumb fucks who argue that he needs automatic assault rifles to defend himself from the government. My point is that if your rationale for owning crazy guns is to defend yourself from the government, you're an idiot. I do not care how stockpiled you are. You are not going to win. Just ask the Branch Dividians or the malcontent ranchers out west how it works it out.

And since I nowhere in my post cited that it would be good to take everyone's guns away, you responded not to one, but to two claims that I do not make.

I don't mind folks owning hand guns for personal or home protection. I don't mind folks owning hunting rifles.

Absolutely no reason for the general public to have access semi or fully automatic weaponry.


you have to be careful when defining semi automatic weapons. It is already illegal to buy automatic weapons unless you have a federal permit as a collector ( since the 30's I think). As I have said, I would ban the kits that turn semi-automatic weapons into automatic weapon. I would then make the law retroactive so if you did have one of these weapons you needed to remove the modification or be against the law.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9668
955876 wrote:
Not yet. Wife and kids did though.


Tisk, tisk.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3137
Pabst wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Lets rather assume a law is passed that all fire arms are registered in a federal DB. Lets assume that the law requires reporting a stolen weapon within 2 weeks of it happening or it will be a crime. Lets assume that any crime commit with a stolen weapon that was not reported is also charged against the person who did not report it. Lets assume that the ATF will do data mining to determine if anyone seems to have reported a lot of stolen weapons that later show up in crimes. Could that help law enforcement with straw sales? Would that help with 80% of the illegal firearm sales?

Maybe. It could also incentivize people to purchase guns illegally rather than deal with the headache you just described. As mentioned earlier, both the Charleston shooter and Texas shooter should have been barred from owning guns, but the Feds fucked up their database.

Honestly, I think alot of this debate is backward. I personally would rather see us enforce existing laws and focus on removing guns from known criminals and the mentally ill; then we can make gun laws more restrictive for law-abiding citizens.

Quote:
which is why we should be funding the ATF and police. And we should be giving them every weapon to stop illegal weapon sales. Just throwing our hands up solves nothing. Why can't they enforce the laws. it is not because they are ignoring them. Making it easier to trace firearms movement is one answer. Making smart firearms is another small step. Doing nothing should not be an option.

But again. If nothing got done after 26 teachers and children are killed then nothing is going to happen. The Government will continue to cut metal heath care ( which Trump blamed on the last 2 mass shootings). Sure it is a problem but what can we do :roll:

Or....government is just incompetent. Education and health care are concrete proof that throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it.



your right. Lets do nothing and pray for the dead.

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9668
jebrick wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
Guns are here to stay.. sorry but its tooooo late to put the genie back in the bottle on that... so no sense in getting your short hairs in a bundle..


But then I'm not one of the dumb fucks who argue that he needs automatic assault rifles to defend himself from the government. My point is that if your rationale for owning crazy guns is to defend yourself from the government, you're an idiot. I do not care how stockpiled you are. You are not going to win. Just ask the Branch Dividians or the malcontent ranchers out west how it works it out.

And since I nowhere in my post cited that it would be good to take everyone's guns away, you responded not to one, but to two claims that I do not make.

I don't mind folks owning hand guns for personal or home protection. I don't mind folks owning hunting rifles.

Absolutely no reason for the general public to have access semi or fully automatic weaponry.


you have to be careful when defining semi automatic weapons. It is already illegal to buy automatic weapons unless you have a federal permit as a collector ( since the 30's I think). As I have said, I would ban the kits that turn semi-automatic weapons into automatic weapon. I would then make the law retroactive so if you did have one of these weapons you needed to remove the modification or be against the law.


Fair enough.

I like England's model prior to their effective banning of handguns.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9668
Tundralag wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
Guns are here to stay.. sorry but its tooooo late to put the genie back in the bottle on that... so no sense in getting your short hairs in a bundle..


But then I'm not one of the dumb fucks who argue that he needs automatic assault rifles to defend himself from the government. My point is that if your rationale for owning crazy guns is to defend yourself from the government, you're an idiot. I do not care how stockpiled you are. You are not going to win. Just ask the Branch Dividians or the malcontent ranchers out west how it works it out.

And since I nowhere in my post cited that it would be good to take everyone's guns away, you responded not to one, but to two claims that I do not make.

I don't mind folks owning hand guns for personal or home protection. I don't mind folks owning hunting rifles.

Absolutely no reason for the general public to have access semi or fully automatic weaponry.


Of course there is.. I have a couple of browning BARII semi auto's in 3006 and 338 win mag.. I have box clips for these that hold ten rounds.. When I hunt pigs or have a drive hunt it makes it easier to stay on target than to drop the gun and chamber another round using a standard bolt system.. So in a pinch I can get six or seven hogs in a group..
so yes semi autos can be used for hunting or pleasure shooting without the other hoopla your trying to attach..
My 3 assault rifles have been in my safe for 15+ years.. they have never gone out and killed anyone on there own.. Gun = Tool.. Simple as that..
psycho killer = psycho killer..


Yeah, I get all this. You don't need those guns to shoot a pig. Somehow, if you had non-auto rifles, you would survive. Somehow.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Last edited by Still Lit on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
Again Jebrick. I’m not arguing against sensible measures. The problem lies when laws are passed simply to pass a law so some politician can say look why I did to protect you.

Often times it does nothing to stop real crime and only prevents law abiding citizens from protecting themselves.

Every time I’ve purchased a gun I’ve had to pass a DOJ background check. They know what I have already.

And I agree you should be required to report stolen weapons. I know would as I wouldn’t want something getting traced back to me.

An example of bogus efforts are stupid things like “gun free zones” which do nothing but provide soft targets. That school shooting comes to mind.

Wanna protect kids? Have teachers take annual firearms class and then put a gun in the classroom. They can be locked up in fingerprint ID safes.

Scumbags might think twice about walking into a classroom if the possibility existed that the teacher might be armed. Certainly better than the big “Gun free zone” sign out front.


Last edited by 955876 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1681
jebrick wrote:
your right. Lets do nothing and pray for the dead.

I actually said:
Pabst wrote:
Honestly, I think alot of this debate is backward. I personally would rather see us enforce existing laws and focus on removing guns from known criminals and the mentally ill; then we can make gun laws more restrictive for law-abiding citizens.


Second, I sincerely hate the mentality of "we have to do something!" in the face of a problem/crisis. 'Doing something' can actually make things worse (Obamacare). Making an emotional decision in the face of a tragedy might actually be the wrong one (Dept of Homeland Security, Patriot Act).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
Quote:
Honestly, I think alot of this debate is backward. I personally would rather see us enforce existing laws and focus on removing guns from known criminals and the mentally ill; then we can make gun laws more restrictive for law-abiding citizens.


This.

As an aside, last year I went through the process of obtaining my concealed carry permit.

Instructor was a police officer for 30 years. I asked him if he had ever seen a case where a person with a legal concealed carry permit had ever used their firearm to defend themselves and that shooting later to be found to be a bogus shooting. In other words, deadly force was found to not be required and thus the shooter was now in hot water.

He said not one time.

A large % of police support legal concealed carry.

FWIW


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:48 am
Posts: 343
Yeah, I get all this. You don't need those guns to shoot a pig. Somehow, if you had non-auto rifles, you would survive. Somehow.[/quote]


You are correct.. In fact I almost never even break those guns out of my safe unless I am just cleaning them..
But why should I have to be regulated in what I can and cant have??

Now if you want my gun control idea that would never pass.. however in my heart I think its the right thing
1. Mandatory safety course with a set of shooting standards that must be met. (you must be able to hit your target)
2. Mandatory background check both law and medical..
3. Once you pass all the standards above, you get a federal CAC card with your picture and a chip with all the data stored inside.. (just like my military cac card)
once you get that card you can go into any store and purchase any fucking gun you want.. show them the cac card they run that card in the federal system and if you get a green light then they add that gun to the card.. No more conceal carry needed if you have a gun on you.. you better have that card as well.
4. Card is good for 3 years but can be revoked in the system at any time with a felony crime or domestic violence conviction. (and there is the problem.. some fucked up government could ban them all at once..)

But none of that will work because as always it will be viewed as discrimination to the left.. I mean can you imagine needing a card to carry a gun.. when you don't need one to vote..

So lets stay right where we are at.. I buy guns I don't kill anyone.. I just hunt and protect my family with whatever gun I feel like buying..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9668
Tundralag wrote:
Yeah, I get all this. You don't need those guns to shoot a pig. Somehow, if you had non-auto rifles, you would survive. Somehow.



You are correct.. In fact I almost never even break those guns out of my safe unless I am just cleaning them..
But why should I have to be regulated in what I can and cant have??

Now if you want my gun control idea that would never pass.. however in my heart I think its the right thing
1. Mandatory safety course with a set of shooting standards that must be met. (you must be able to hit your target)
2. Mandatory background check both law and medical..
3. Once you pass all the standards above, you get a federal CAC card with your picture and a chip with all the data stored inside.. (just like my military cac card)
once you get that card you can go into any store and purchase any fucking gun you want.. show them the cac card they run that card in the federal system and if you get a green light then they add that gun to the card.. No more conceal carry needed if you have a gun on you.. you better have that card as well.
4. Card is good for 3 years but can be revoked in the system at any time with a felony crime or domestic violence conviction. (and there is the problem.. some fucked up government could ban them all at once..)

But none of that will work because as always it will be viewed as discrimination to the left.. I mean can you imagine needing a card to carry a gun.. when you don't need one to vote..

So lets stay right where we are at.. I buy guns I don't kill anyone.. I just hunt and protect my family with whatever gun I feel like buying..[/quote]

Trolling aside, I get that most people are responsible gun owners. And semiautomatic does not mean automatic. I understand that you are not shooting pigs with an M-16.

As others have pointed out: what we need is more stringent enforcement of laws already on the books, etc.

I admit I just don't get the interest in owning guns.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
Some scumbag walks onto your campus or classroom one day Lit you might change your mind.

Plus, just read an article about the increase in violent carjackings in Chicago. Easy targets when the criminals know most people aren’t allowed to be armed in the Windy City...

Chicago has them tough gun laws though. Tough on law abiding citizens to be exact.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:48 am
Posts: 343
Still Lit wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
Yeah, I get all this. You don't need those guns to shoot a pig. Somehow, if you had non-auto rifles, you would survive. Somehow.



You are correct.. In fact I almost never even break those guns out of my safe unless I am just cleaning them..
But why should I have to be regulated in what I can and cant have??

Now if you want my gun control idea that would never pass.. however in my heart I think its the right thing
1. Mandatory safety course with a set of shooting standards that must be met. (you must be able to hit your target)
2. Mandatory background check both law and medical..
3. Once you pass all the standards above, you get a federal CAC card with your picture and a chip with all the data stored inside.. (just like my military cac card)
once you get that card you can go into any store and purchase any fucking gun you want.. show them the cac card they run that card in the federal system and if you get a green light then they add that gun to the card.. No more conceal carry needed if you have a gun on you.. you better have that card as well.
4. Card is good for 3 years but can be revoked in the system at any time with a felony crime or domestic violence conviction. (and there is the problem.. some fucked up government could ban them all at once..)

But none of that will work because as always it will be viewed as discrimination to the left.. I mean can you imagine needing a card to carry a gun.. when you don't need one to vote..

So lets stay right where we are at.. I buy guns I don't kill anyone.. I just hunt and protect my family with whatever gun I feel like buying..


Trolling aside, I get that most people are responsible gun owners. And semiautomatic does not mean automatic. I understand that you are not shooting pigs with an M-16.

As others have pointed out: what we need is more stringent enforcement of laws already on the books, etc.

I admit I just don't get the interest in owning guns.[/quote]


I get ya.. Most people don't.. I have a great love for a fine quality guns.. mostly long guns.. German or Austrian made.. Pre world war 2 drillings and vierling are great guns that will never be produced again..most were hand made..
When I was stationed in Germany I got some great guns that will never be matched in the USA for quality or craftsmanship.. Most of those I have never shot nor will I..
I am sure my kids will be at the pawn shop 5 minutes after I am dead.. but for the last 35+ years I have collected some of the greatest firearms from around the world..
Just a great hobby..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
Sounds like quite the collection.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Still Lit wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Swiss is right about the medical. I've crossed into your lands almost 100 times

Worked with your fine people, I've heard the stories about sick children and other emergencies. Single payer leads to serfdom


Single payer leads to being tied to a specific piece of land that you have to farm for a feudal lord until death? That's weird.


Funny you should mention 'land', that is being stolen from us land owners too, among everything else to make everyone have a 'fair' distribution.

You should look up the full meaning of that word. Mr. Literalglitterarty

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Stinger8 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
So your point is that because people wait for MRI's (not a life threatening situation) its justifies your per capita cost being more than double the Canadian cost??? Makes zero sense, like your health care system.

We dont depend on you we trade with you, here are the stats they are pretty even so we dont depend on you. Seriously stop dislocating your shoulder patting yourself on the back.
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c1220.html

Swiss sorry to bust your bubble but you aint our big brother in fact we have more philosophically in common from a societal perspective with western European countries that the USA. You are very "unique" from the rest of the world, different than us in many ways.

You know why people in PEI are super friendly??? Cause they are happy, is the USA a happy place??

Swiss dont agree with anything you said. zero.


Lol at this hijack into pol bs

Canada is more aligned to Europe because it loves the euro model open door policy

Swiss is right about the medical. I've crossed into your lands almost 100 times

Worked with your fine people, I've heard the stories about sick children and other emergencies. Single payer leads to serfdom


Absolute and utter lies. You know not what you talk about but have an agenda to protect your wealth, care only for yourself as your society slowly implodes and you keep a total segment of your society locked in a cycle of servitude (for your benefit). Congrats


Why would i lie ? I have no reason too, no narrative to sell. Canadian citizens who work and have families told me of their stories waiting for hours with sick children. It's first come first serve based on priority. What about those who come to the US for cancer treatment because if they don't they'll die?

In my constitutional right, i have a right to life, liberty and persuit of happiness. Free will and free speech and several other important things many men died to provide these freedoms, not freedom to leach of the backs of others. Your country has freedoms for the same premises, but not the same.

Our health system is bereft with lobby/big phama money laundering/scheming. Insurance and Govt tied at hip to bleed the common man. People say go to single payer to fix it, wrong, clean out the corruption, then have choice and free markets.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1257
Pabst wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
(BTW I feel every bit as free as you and a lot safer).

Yeah, well I feel MUCH SAFER THAN YOU AND MUCH MORE FREE. AMERICA!!!! (emotional arguments are pointless)


Except those pesky things called metrics, statistics, which prove which one of us is actually safer. That would be me, not a feeling, a fact.
Please just look up the facts, oh what the hell here you go
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-gu ... countries/

Yeay the USA wins (or loses?) as they have by far the highest score. Congratulations :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
You ever going to circle back and address the facts I tossed at you Stinger?

You know, the ones you dismissed as “Fox News conspiracy” and accused me of being an “old stupid viewer”. Uncalled for BTW. Especially considering you clearly knew nothing of the topic I was speaking to.

Operation Fast & Furious happened. Neither I nor Fox News made it up. Plenty of evidence available out there from many sources.


Last edited by 955876 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1257
955876 wrote:
You ever going to circle back and address the facts I tossed at you Stinger?

You know, the ones you dismissed as “Fox News conspiracy” and accused me of being an “old stupid viewer”. Uncalled for BTW. Especially considering you clearly knew nothing of the topic I was speaking to.


95 I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, seriously no idea.

I will stand by my comment that the majority of Fox viewers are old and stupid. If you are old (dont know) and watch Fox then if the shoe fits, sorry??

Fox spews conspiracy after conspiracy. Deflect, false equivalency, straw man... the Fox playbook.

There is a reason they were not allowed a license to broadcast in Canada, a real non partisan reason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
I’m sure CNN is allowed to broadcast in Canada though right?

The same CNN that’s had to retract stories they ran that were highly false. The same CNN that’s been outed as straight making up stuff to fit its agenda.

I hear the Fox accusation often. Funny thing is though, when challenged to cite what “fake news” is being spouted people can’t.

My Fast & Furious News wasn’t fake. I provided the background. You can look up he rest if you choose.

In the future though, I’d appreciate you not lumping me in with “old stupid viewers” and “conspiracy theories” when you didn’t even bother to take the time to see if I was full of shit or not.

In this instance, I was the one providing facts and you lazily resorted to liberal talking points.

You can do better than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7598
I confess I had heard mention of Operation Fast and Furious, but knew next to nothing about it. So I read this:

http://swampland.time.com/2012/09/20/fast-and-furious-ig-report-destroys-right-wing-conspiracy-theories/

Quote:
What none on the right are admitting is that Horowitz’s report systematically reveals how irresponsible and speculative the accusations from their side have been. The report criticizes Holder’s Criminal Division chief Lanny Breuer for failing to inform Holder or his deputy that “gun walking” had taken place in the Bush administration in another case in Arizona called “Wide Receiver”. But the report shows that Breuer knew nothing about gun walking in Fast and Furious, and that therefore the scandal existed three levels below Holder (let alone the White House).


Huh. Gun walking started under the Bush administration. Did Fox News mention that?

Quote:
Horowitz destroys the conspiracy theories on both sides of the aisle over 471-pages, but it’s the right wing screamers who come out looking worst. Horowitz shows definitively that the Arizona ATF agents and prosecutors in the U.S. Attorney’s office there were responsible for the operation, not the White House or the Justice Department in Washington and that the primary source of the inaccurate testimony given to Congress was the U.S. Attorney for Arizona, Dennis Burke.


Fascinating.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7598
955876 wrote:
I’m sure CNN is allowed to broadcast in Canada though right?

The same CNN that’s had to retract stories they ran that were highly false. The same CNN that’s been outed as straight making up stuff to fit its agenda.

I hear the Fox accusation often. Funny thing is though, when challenged to cite what “fake news” is being spouted people can’t.

My Fast & Furious News wasn’t fake. I provided the background. You can look up he rest if you choose.

In the future though, I’d appreciate you not lumping me in with “old stupid viewers” and “conspiracy theories” when you didn’t even bother to take the time to see if I was full of shit or not.

In this instance, I was the one providing facts and you lazily resorted to liberal talking points.

You can do better than that.


In the face of a $4 trillion dollar budget, no, $40 billion dollars doesn't seem like much to me, although I'm sure it's appreciated by those who receive it. I believe your point was that because we are spending such a vast amount of money on others, we don't have the money to take care of our own. Sorry if I think that out of a $4 trillion budget we should have plenty of money to take care of our own even after spending $40 billion dollars on others.

I give up. Who is receiving Social Security without paying into it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1257
955876 wrote:
I’m sure CNN is allowed to broadcast in Canada though right?

The same CNN that’s had to retract stories they ran that were highly false. The same CNN that’s been outed as straight making up stuff to fit its agenda.

I hear the Fox accusation often. Funny thing is though, when challenged to cite what “fake news” is being spouted people can’t.

My Fast & Furious News wasn’t fake. I provided the background. You can look up he rest if you choose.

In the future though, I’d appreciate you not lumping me in with “old stupid viewers” and “conspiracy theories” when you didn’t even bother to take the time to see if I was full of shit or not.

In this instance, I was the one providing facts and you lazily resorted to liberal talking points.

You can do better than that.


There are many many examples of Fox lies (see Seth Rich conspiracy for one of many) however recently I am not sure if you have heard but they have said countless times that there is zero evidence of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia. Zero evidence. But there kinda is lots of evidence and more and more coming daily about people on the campaign kinda, sorta trying to connect with Russian peeps to cut quid pro quo's. Just a little bit here and there. See Manafort see Donny Jr, see Page etc.

Please save your canned response, I know you will check your talking points and like a good parrot spew them out. Just trying to help you fella's see the light.

Regards form a socialist utopia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Mothership is Afire
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4166
BTW Stinger, your claim ability Fox banned in Canada isn’t really true.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/business/foxcanada.asp


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group