It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steelers-Titans to be televised in Sky-cam viewing angle
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:25 pm 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -thursday/

Post subject: Re: Steelers-Titans to be televised in Sky-cam viewing angle
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:29 pm 

I really like the sky cam during replays on passing plays, as it gives a great vantage point on what the QB is seeing....but I don't think I want it being the primary angle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:42 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
I really like the sky cam during replays on passing plays, as it gives a great vantage point on what the QB is seeing....but I don't think I want it being the primary angle.

Likewise. Plus I'm getting old and I don't like change.

Now get off my lawn!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:41 pm 

AF Stiller Fan wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

Likewise. Plus I'm getting old and I don't like change.

Now get off my lawn!

LOL. I believe there is where I'm at. That angle is horrible. I see it and it makes me yell GTFO my screen with this shit. Almost makes me nauseous.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:06 pm 

That’s what they did with the Pats/Falcons game when the dog got really thick, right?

Yeah...that was a little disorienting.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:38 pm 

I like Madden but this is gonna be weird watching a whole Steeler game that way. Could be cool. Could get anmoying

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:31 pm 

Trade off will be depth downfield. Will take some time to get used to how many yards plays are gaining.

Kind of reminds me when I see games ay Heinz I usually use my brother in laws tix which are literally on the goal line, first row. Strange perspective. Incredible when action is coming towards you. Pretty hav3 to use the jumbo tron go8ng th3 other way though

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:28 pm 

Absolute shit view!

When the Falcons and Pats played, I remember thinking, hope Steelers games are never televised like this!

They need to scrap this experiment now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:29 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
Trade off will be depth downfield. Will take some time to get used to how many yards plays are gaining.

Kind of reminds me when I see games ay Heinz I usually use my brother in laws tix which are literally on the goal line, first row. Strange perspective. Incredible when action is coming towards you. Pretty hav3 to use the jumbo tron go8ng th3 other way though

So, this year at a trade show, I saw the QB perspective view-- that is going to be every bit the essential viewing as the all-22, in terms of evaluating play. They showed a play from the normal angle, then cut to the QB cam to see what he saw-- gives you a whole new appreciation for how tough their job is.

Now, take all of that and start thinking about watching the NFL and other sports in 360 VR/AR. That is right on the horizon and it'll be dope when it comes. You will be able to watch from inside the game, as if you were playing. Kind of amazing to consider, especially for those of us who play/played.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:33 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

So, this year at a trade show, I saw the QB perspective view-- that is going to be every bit the essential viewing as the all-22, in terms of evaluating play. They showed a play from the normal angle, then cut to the QB cam to see what he saw-- gives you a whole new appreciation for how tough their job is.

Now, take all of that and start thinking about watching the NFL and other sports in 360 VR/AR. That is right on the horizon and it'll be dope when it comes. You will be able to watch from inside the game, as if you were playing. Kind of amazing to consider, especially for those of us who play/played.

Absolute shit view.