It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Goofdell
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:34 pm 

jebrick wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-09/goodell-will-survive-jerry-jones-attack-nfl-s-33rd-owner-says

Quote:
Marc Ganis, a regular consultant to the National Football League’s 32 team owners, says the embattled Roger Goodell isn’t going anywhere.

Sometimes dubbed the NFL’s 33rd owner because of his ties to the sport’s power brokers, Ganis says Goodell’s job is safe, even as Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tries block the approval of the commissioner’s contract extension.

“He is the best person to manage and run the National Football League ... going into the collective bargaining agreement and the new TV contract negotiations. Period. Full stop,” Ganis said on the Bloomberg Business of Sports podcast. “The owners know how much value he has brought to them and to the league. He is going nowhere.”

Shocked Ganis came up for air from sucking Rog's ginger cock to give this statement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:35 pm 

955876 wrote:
My problem with Goodell isn’t what he makes.

My problem is how inconsistent his punishments are and the lack of due process.

Agreed. His salary is irrelevant. He comes across as disingenuous with a side of smarmy. I just think he’s a shitty commissioner.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
955876 wrote:
My problem with Goodell isn’t what he makes.

My problem is how inconsistent his punishments are and the lack of due process.

Agreed. His salary is irrelevant. He comes across as disingenuous with a side of smarmy. I just think he’s a shitty commissioner.

He has been and is a total FUCKING douchebag

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:08 pm 

Jerrah is senile. All this nonsense proves it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:21 pm 

......and we're back to suspension: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874433/article/federal-court-denies-ezekiel-elliott-emergency-injunction

I did appreciate the fact that Zeke was able to play vs. the Chiefs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:00 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
His salary is not obscene. The NFL's TV current contract for 2014-2022 is $39.6 billion dollars.

That's about $155 million per year per team JUST from television rights.

Factor in the additional money the NFL makes from merchandise, stadium revenues, co-branding, weasling out of CTE lawsuits and god knows what else....and considering as a private corporation the NFL has no stockholder overhead....and suddenly $30 million becomes chump change for a puppet CEO.

Yes he is grossly overpaid. First off, it's a bidding contest for television rights - so how much of that is Goodell really responsible for? I'm sure you could have easily brought in $30B in tv revenues. Some credit for sponsorships and merchandize which is a relatively tiny piece of the pie, but he doesn't do hardly anything as far as revenues at individual stadiums. LOL, the tv and CBA contracts are all done by lawyers - Goodell isn't sitting down at that table hammering it out.

Second, do you know how much money the average CEO of a $155M company makes? I do - $350k tops. Multiply that by 32 and what do you get - about $10M.

The NFL generates about $14B a year in revenues. Again, that's SMALL in comparison to most F500 companies, and most of those CEO's make less than $10M a year. But calling Goodell the CEO of 32 teams is a joke, more like the CEO of a small lobbying firm.

Like I said, if the NFL wants to pay it's commish $30M a year, they could be doing a hell of a lot better than Goodell. It's probably hush money to keep quiet about what he actually knows about CTE....pretty sure the previous commish got nowhere near this kind of money.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm 

R S wrote:
jebrick wrote:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-09/goodell-will-survive-jerry-jones-attack-nfl-s-33rd-owner-says

Quote:
Marc Ganis, a regular consultant to the National Football League’s 32 team owners, says the embattled Roger Goodell isn’t going anywhere.

Sometimes dubbed the NFL’s 33rd owner because of his ties to the sport’s power brokers, Ganis says Goodell’s job is safe, even as Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones tries block the approval of the commissioner’s contract extension.

“He is the best person to manage and run the National Football League ... going into the collective bargaining agreement and the new TV contract negotiations. Period. Full stop,” Ganis said on the Bloomberg Business of Sports podcast. “The owners know how much value he has brought to them and to the league. He is going nowhere.”

Shocked Ganis came up for air from sucking Rog's ginger cock to give this statement.

thanks for that visual, you bastard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 am 

Stillerz Bar wrote:
Pabst wrote:
OK, hang on. Fuck Jerry Jones, and fuck most of these owners.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/21342623/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-threatens-sue-nfl-roger-goodell
Quote:
Through this season, Jones has expressed growing dissatisfaction with Goodell's job performance and has said in recent weeks that the league needs to hire a new commissioner, sources said. The reasons include Goodell's handling of the player protests staged during the national anthem; the league's pending six-game suspension of Cowboys star running back Ezekiel Elliott for violation of the league's personal conduct policy; and the league's handling of the relocation of two teams to Los Angeles, which Jones helped engineer.

Many owners are also angry with Goodell because they believe that he has given Jones too much power

So Jones is pissed about the LA relocations.....even though he was a driving force behind these moves

Jones was perfectly fine with granting Goodell unchecked disciplinary power back in 2011 - only now that it's bit him in the ass he's pissed?

I am in no way a fan of Roger Goodell, but Jerruh has his fingerprints all over these problems he wants to file a lawsuit over.

This is where I am - definitely not a fan of Goodell but he is simply the "Bad Cop" face of the NFL and for that he gets paid handsomely. Jones though is a duplicitous Jagoff who acts like a spoiled elementary schooler. When things go his way he is fine and votes to have the compensation committee extend Roger's contract but suspend one of his top weapons and suddenly he wants the Commissioner removed. :roll:

Here's another good article discussing how things got to this point.......and it shows Jones for what he really is

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/08/jerry ... 17110912PM

I stay in the area and I can tell you that the only reason this is a story is because Jones is pissed on the suspension. I say screw 'em. When they were on the hunt for all Steelers and fines were flying around like confetti, his mouth was shut. When other teams suffered Goondell's arbitrary judgments, he was front and center on what a good job Goondell was doing. Now that the shoe is on the other foot all of a sudden he has a problem. He's upset because he feels his team has a legit shot @ a SB and this will derail their season.

So yeah he's a blowhard and I drink the tears of Jerrah and all Cowgirl fans and wish them more misery and mediocrity for many years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:39 am 

Stillcajun wrote:

So yeah he's a blowhard and I drink the tears of Jerrah and all Cowgirl fans and wish them more misery and mediocrity for many years to come.

this x10

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:31 am 

We have zero control over what is decided. Fuck goofwell and jerrah...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next