It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gilbert declares Colts a "trap game"
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:41 pm 

In a short 16 game season where but one loss can mean road vs home or not even getting an invite to the dance it amazes me how coaches and players don’t take all of them serious.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:50 pm 

955876 wrote:
In a short 16 game season where but one loss can mean road vs home or not even getting an invite to the dance it amazes me how coaches and players don’t take all of them serious.

You mean like we control the 1 seed currently and a slip up against a shit team like the Colts could mean the difference between going to NE and getting embarrassed vs playing at home with a good chance?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=15BjNDW5b0s
Whoa, dude. Too much optimism will break the bank.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:39 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=15BjNDW5b0s
Whoa, dude. Too much optimism will break the bank.

Ok that made me laugh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 pm 

I'll take any W....I'll bitch about slop 'n slather, but I'll take it.

It's not a small challenge to have 2 games in 5 days after a bye - we'll see just how focused on home field the players and coaches really are.

Why the NFL doesn't try to schedule Thursday games after a bye is beyond me. MNF - bye - Thurs - Sun.....that's 10 days and 9.5 days between a couple games, which seems pretty nice. Although 14 days and 9.5 days is pretty nice, too, but still sandwiched around 2 games in 5 days.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 pm 

fortythree wrote:
alancac98 wrote:
Nope, Barry stated they have failed to win coming off the bye week in 3 straight seasons, so confidence isn't running high on this one. Let's recap - losses in 3 straight after the bye week, ill-prepared to take on a team at the bottom that we should literally curb stomp, on the road, playing against a meh QB with a decimated D. Yep, sounds ripe for a loss to me. I did, however, pick the Steelers to win in the score game, but I slept at a Holiday Inn that night! We'll see in two days if Tomlin and Co. can overcome their glaring incompetencies and go out to take control of the AFC or if they play not to lose, looking past another team that also has professional athletes on it (which they then normally do).

They were undefeated under Tomlin after the bye week prior to those last three games, I believe.

So your interpretation is wrong.

Okay, I can accept that they are 50-50 in the last 6 games ( I don't look it up, but I'll trust you and Barry). However, the interpretation is not completely wrong as one tends to lean more toward the "what have you done lately" philosophy as the more recent more often than not becomes the precedent. If he was undefeated coming off the bye for 15 years, but then the last 5 years he lost each time - more weight is placed on the last 5 years as a better indication of what to expect, even though he would be 15-5 (which looks damn good but becomes a fallacy). Logically speaking, the 3 most current losses out weigh the 3 previous wins, speaking of myself of course. How others would interpret the numbers would be up to them, but losing the last three games coming off the bye doesn't exactly inspire a solid level of confidence!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:24 pm 

955876 wrote:

I'm sure they do, but it's a long season, and I'm sure it's a grind and probably very difficult to stay "up" for each and every game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 pm 

Gentlemen,

We have a different team this year. Take a look at the Steelers' roster for the games they lost against bad teams in previous years, and look at their roster now. See any differences? Yes, we lost to the Bears and Jags this year. It was early in the year, and we had a lot of new pieces to put together. While this is the NFL, and on any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone, blah blah blah, and we could lose to the Colts, there is seriously no reason to fear this game more than any other.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

I've been conditioned by the board. :(

About time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:46 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Gentlemen,

We have a different team this year. Take a look at the Steelers' roster for the games they lost against bad teams in previous years, and look at their roster now. See any differences? Yes, we lost to the Bears and Jags this year. It was early in the year, and we had a lot of new pieces to put together. While this is the NFL, and on any given Sunday anyone can beat anyone, blah blah blah, and we could lose to the Colts, there is seriously no reason to fear this game more than any other.

Slop and slather. 16-13. Avatar bet?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next