It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pats dont want us again
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Well. Other playoff participants will likely be Jags and Ravens.

Ravens and Jags can both knock Pats off. But they can both knock steelers off as well.

Had steelers won, these 3 would possibly have faced eachother before getting to Pitt. Now it's likely that Pit will have to face 2 of the 3 if they win the first matchup. Pats own the steelers, period. Jags have steelers number, a pick 6 almost guaranteed. Ravens are the ravens.

I know everyone on the board here overcompensates for inferiority to Pats by being full of Internet machismo, but this team is just much better at home. Ben's legacy needs to go into NE and win. Realism says to get to the SB, someone needs to knock NE off.

Listening to fans say the steelers will go into NE and win reminds of those old milk commercials. "But we're drinking milk, and one day......."

We...are...not...losing...the...bye.

We...are...not...losing...to...either...Houston...or...Cleveland.

Jesus, you guys.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:02 am 

Miter Saw wrote:

Ravens and Jags can both knock Pats off. But they can both knock steelers off as well.

Had steelers won, these 3 would possibly have faced eachother before getting to Pitt. Now it's likely that Pit will have to face 2 of the 3 if they win the first matchup. Pats own the steelers, period. Jags have steelers number, a pick 6 almost guaranteed. Ravens are the ravens.

I know everyone on the board here overcompensates for inferiority to Pats by being full of Internet machismo, but this team is just much better at home. Ben's legacy needs to go into NE and win. Realism says to get to the SB, someone needs to knock NE off.

Listening to fans say the steelers will go into NE and win reminds of those old milk commercials. "But we're drinking milk, and one day......."

Listening to fans say winning is hopeless in NE reminds me of Private Hudson in Aliens.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:04 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:

Listening to fans say winning is hopeless in NE reminds me of Private Hudson in Aliens.

Love Bill Paxton, he was awesome in that role.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Don't give me Ryan Mallet.

This isn't the 2015 Steelers and you know it.

No one knows this yet. And unless YOU have a crystal ball all knowing sooth-sayer, you don't know either

All I know we lost a chance to have home field through the playoffs...much like in 2015 because this team and HC remain arrogant and stubborn vs a range of QB's from an all time great to Ryan fuckin Mallet.

This team has burned me too many times. And speaking of wetting the bed, I'd argue that Tomlin and Co have pissed their own pants and coached out of fear time and time again, yet we "don't live in our fears"

This team had a chance to slay the dragon and it kicked that dragon's ass all over the lair, but instead of chopping it's head off they turned their back and arrogantly started kissing the princess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:13 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Stillchest wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Nah...we're going to lose to Houston and Cleveland and then get dumped by Baltimore in the Wild Card Game.

I know because people here are saying so.

We'll fold like a cheap tent.

We should be able to squeak by the Browns.

The rest, I agree with.

And you're speaking nonsense.

I get it because of how bitter this loss is, but this team ain't losing to Tom Savage.

But I understand why you would spout nonsense.
I would venture a guess and think the locker room knows what happened. They know they were robbed, swallowed coach speak that you can't blame the refs, etc, etc, etc.

It's not like this kind of thing can psychologically fuck you up. You play your heart out, make outstanding plays and you get cheated out of a win by the zebras. To a team that has what, a 10-2 record against you? With spygate and headsetgate swirling around the contests. Fuck that. I wonder how mentally and emotionally strong this team is. Maybe these next two games will be an indicator.

I wouldn't rule out a loss to the texans and a squeeker against the browns. Maybe even a loss handing the stains their first win. It sounds like the steelers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:25 pm 

Steelers have the appearance of an emotionally spent team. They played, their SB and lost.

Even Tomlin looked like he was on suicide watch during his presser.

AB will be out and there is very little chemistry between Ben and the other WR's.

They will attempt to ride Bell's 35 touches per game.

The Steelers will lose one out of the next 2.

Jags, the "benign" team will win out.

Steelers will lose WC game to the Rats without AB, because they sort of needed that bye week.

Last edited by Stillchest on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:26 pm 

The Jags have the right kind of D to beat pats too.

I thought our D did pretty well yesterday. No one mentioned Sutton but he had a nice first start. Let’s put it this Sutton and Hilton they can match up at the line with the pats wr. Burns had another bad night but figure he has a better game next time AND we get Haden back. We’ll never replace shaz but overall it’s m not as negative on the D.

And our O was winning all night too. AB goes out and not to make excuses but that’s a huge hit. We don’t have a clear #2 wide out. Was a bit like the playoffs in that regard. Difference was Ben and bell.

I like our chances next time too. But hey pats are very beatable. A team like Jax could very well do it. Ball control ground game with the #1 pass D behind it is trouble for pats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:28 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

I thought our D did pretty well yesterday. No one mentioned Sutton but he had a nice first start. Let’s put it this Sutton and Hilton they can match up at the line with the pats wr. Burns had another bad night but figure he has a better game next time AND we get Haden back. We’ll never replace shaz but overall it’s m not as negative on the D.

And our O was winning all night too. AB goes out and not to make excuses but that’s a huge hit. We don’t have a clear #2 wide out. Was a bit like the playoffs in that regard. Difference was Ben and bell.

I like our chances next time too. But hey pats are very beatable. A team like Jax could very well do it. Ball control ground game with the #1 pass D behind it is trouble for pats

Regardless of what transpires moving forward, I'm going to enjoy watching Blake Bortles exit the playoffs. Can't stand that guy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:30 pm 

I think the Pats realize we have the skill players to beat them, but that as long as Mike Tomlin and crew are on the other sideline coaching against Bill Belichick, if his team keeps it close, he likes his chances. In fact, Belichick can probably count on the Steelers to employ a game plan that will make it EASY to keep the game close.

A Mike Tomlin-coached team will not beat New England unless it has a two-score lead late.

Last time the Steelers beat the Pats- 2011- the Steelers were up 23-10 until there was 2:35 left in the game.

If there are 4:00 to go and the game is within a score, the Steelers will lose.

Last edited by Jeemie on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:31 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

There were critical moments where the D failed miserably. Third and short, and they leave Gronk one on one. Multiple times. Butler decided to leave Gronk alone, let him get his catches, and focus on. . . ? Him and Brady were the two that killed the steelers.

This defense is weak. Shaz and haden going down fucked up their mojo, but they give up too many big plays to be taken seriously as a solid defense, imo.

And I still contend the PI call on burns covering gronk was a bogus call intended to give the pats the win, but BR, JuJu, and James forced their hand.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:31 pm 

Stillchest wrote:
Steelers have the appearance of an emotionally spent team. They played, their SB and lost.

AB will be out and there is very little chemistry between Ben and the other WR's.

Steelers will lose WC game to the Rats without AB, because they sort of needed that bye week.

You're the one that is emotionally spent. I'm enjoying your posts and how you're projecting your own feelings onto the team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:36 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

There were critical moments where the D failed miserably. Third and short, and they leave Gronk one on one. Multiple times. Butler decided to leave Gronk alone, let him get his catches, and focus on. . . ? Him and Brady were the two that killed the steelers.

This defense is weak. Shaz and haden going down fucked up their mojo, but they give up too many big plays to be taken seriously as a solid defense, imo.

And I still contend the PI call on burns covering gronk was a bogus call intended to give the pats the win, but BR, JuJu, and James forced their hand.

Burns’ DPI came on the Pats’ FG drive that cut the score to 24-19.

And I don’t think it was a hugely bogus call. I could go either way on it.

However, the officials gave the impression that it was because the flag did not come out until the result of the play (incomplete pass) was known.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:36 pm 

Yeah I rest Bell most of the last two games.

Being without AB has the upside of forcing juju and Martavis into those 1/2 roles.

So AB comes back and we have those two each with double the looks they would have had.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:37 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

You're the one that is emotionally spent. I'm enjoying your posts and how you're projecting your own feelings onto the team.

Exactly.

The team was pissed...not emotionally spent.

Tomlin was smoldering in his press conference, not spent.

This team is destroying Houston and Cleveland.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:42 pm 

Tomlin played it close to the vest, he was fuming mad. Kept it professional but he held back

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:43 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

Being without AB has the upside of forcing juju and Martavis into those 1/2 roles.

So AB comes back and we have those two each with double the looks they would have had.

Rest Bell?

Um...we need to win these two games to earn a bye, and Conner has an MCL injury.

We ain’t winning with Frenchy as the running back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:44 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Stillchest wrote:

Haha hmm..you really think that's what I'm doing?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:53 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

Rest Bell?

Um...we need to win these two games to earn a bye, and Conner has an MCL injury.

We ain’t winning with Frenchy as the running back.

No I still rest bell most of the way. Haley tends to run 50% if the O through bell anyway. My concern is without AB he and tomlin tighten up even more and ride bell even harder. And he takes a workload like no other back does or really ever has.

If Conner is out for extended time then they need another RB and yes even with frenchy I make the rotation 33-33-33

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 pm 

I certainly believe that the Steelers can go into Foxborough and win ...no doubt in my mind.
That said, the Pats aren’t shaking in their boots at the prospect of an AFCCG rematch..:probably welcome it. Hell they’re probably giddy at the thought.
Belichick didn’t even have to coach yesterday...just sat back and waited for Tomlin and the Steelers to puke all over their selves.

But make no mistake.....the Steelers will need to beat the Pats to go to the Super Bowl. This current version of the Rats have no chance. Especially if they don’t get in the tourney.
Jax? Blake Bortles vs Tom Brady in the playoffs...who you got?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:22 pm 

Jacksonville is just killing teams

Their D is scarier now than when we played them

They will shut down gronk and beat up Brady

Their new wrs are green but very little tape to exploit
If they can get Fournette to stay 70% healthy

But the usual events will turn in ne favor with a little pressing on the scale