It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Some good out of last night's game
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:23 pm 

The Steelers are fine. We are 11-3. The Patriots are beatable. The Dolphins and the Steelers showed that. I would not be afraid to play the Patriots on the road in the Playoffs. That would be a golden opportunity to beat them once and for all when it really counts. There's no guarantee the Pats or the Steelers will even get to the AFCCG.

It's a cliche but it's true. One Week at a time. The only game that matters is the next one. Whether it was fair or not we lost a battle. We have not lost the war.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:47 pm 

Quote:
The game plan was very solid. They went too conservative in the 4th. But fuck, they won the game barring a stupid ass rule that goes against every ounce of common sense.

Choosing to play his way is what ultimately put us in the position we were in. Yes the overturned TD was a horrible call but one you should expect rather than be shocked by.

They chose to go Uber conservative and hope the D could continue to keep Brady out of EZ.

Those of us who have seen this movie before know that wasn’t likely. So the most probable outcome of this flawed strategy would be finding ourselves behind real late in game and needing a desperation drive to pull out the win.

Had we valued an additional score in the 4th quarter instead of placing priority on draining clock we might have gotten that much needed FG on an earlier drive.

You simply cannot allow yourself to think the game is won with that much time left.

We played scared and not to lose and got typical results.

The 4th quarter play calling tells us all we need to know about our coaches mindset. They thought 24 was enough and coached accordingly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:50 pm 

Why did we have to have Todd fucking things up on the offensive series in the 4th? Just sad that he puckered as much as Ben did on the final INT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:20 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
We are powerless as fans to expect a good outcome in any aspect of this season or future seasons unless the NFL elite button pushers want another Steelers Championship.

As soon as everyone gets their head around that everything in this league is manufactured outcomes (in which how they get there is an open secret), then people can make the choice to continue to watch the TV show or spend their time on other things.

NFL is coming to a crashing end as it was once perceived with generations of fans.

I think I'm alone in thinking this was what Ben was talking about with the "retirement" gambit, i.e. Serving notice he just might not continue to "play along". And I don't blame him one bit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:02 am 

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
I think I'm alone in thinking this was what Ben was talking about with the "retirement" gambit, i.e. Serving notice he just might not continue to "play along". And I don't blame him one bit.

Ohhh, I'm right there with you. He probably feels like the rest of us that the braintrust just doesn't have what it takes to beat NE.