It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trade Ju Ju for MLB in the Off-Season?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:22 am 

We are flush with talent at WR. I would trade Ju Ju to a team that is flush with MLB talent, to replace Shazier in the off-season. RS will need to move on with his life’s work and maybe coaching said MLB. And if he has a miraculous recovery we get depth. But all signs point to him being wheel chair bound or at best walking and never playing football again.

Sure we could probably build with the draft and take our chances, but I would pull off a trade with a bona fide WR for a bonafide MLB. If we have Bryant and Rogers seemingly back, we would be in good stead.

If I recall correctly, I was very young, but I recall Gabe Rivera being blamed for a PS defensive slump for a few seasons; the argument being it was dufficult to recover from losing your #1 draft pick.

Post subject: Re: Trade Ju Ju for MLB in the Off-Season?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
We are flush with talent at WR. I would trade Ju Ju to a team that is flush with MLB talent, to replace Shazier in the off-season. RS will need to move on with his life’s work and maybe coaching said MLB. And if he has a miraculous recovery we get depth. But all signs point to him being wheel chair bound or at best walking and never playing football again.

Sure we could probably build with the draft and take our chances, but I would pull off a trade with a bona fide WR for a bonafide MLB. If we have Bryant and Rogers seemingly back, we would be in good stead.

If I recall correctly, I was very young, but I recall Gabe Rivera being blamed for a PS defensive slump for a few seasons; the argument being it was dufficult to recover from losing your #1 draft pick.

That's insane. Good MLB can be found in the 2nd -4th rounds and can play right away. And you think Bryant is now a lock to be a choirboy the rest of his career?
Good god. Put down the Egg nog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:22 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

C’mon man!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 am 

Lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:14 am 

Nope.

Draft a ILB early this April.

Problem solved.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:18 am 

Hmmm.

JuJu under contract for the next 3 seasons.

Bryant has one year left on his rookie contract and his history and suspensions are very similar to Josh Gordon.

Rogers has zero years left on his contract, he will be a restricted free agent next season. Amazing how he has been playing better of late, where the hell were his balls and skills as a punt returner before this Texan game? Money is a strong motivator to be sure.

So, you want to trade JuJu when Rogers might be gone next season and Bryant in 2019? That does not make any sense. In your scenario we could very well be without JuJu and Rogers next season and have to rely on Bryant to be Brown's complement? And for just one lame duck season at that?

Sorry, but I keep JuJu and Bryant for 2018, and let Rogers leave for free agency and draft another WR in round 3 or 4. An ILB can be easily found and as I said in another thread, hell, why couldn't TJ Watt be moved to ILB and be the next Brian Urlacher? The next big, 6'4" 255 monster ILB/MLB that has special instincts and coverage skills?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:01 am 

JuJu is a budding star. I don't think you can trade him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:10 am 

I think you have to do it if it means we can re-sign James Harrison.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:41 am 

No I don't want to trade JuJu. He is the next big superstar on this offense.

I do sadly think that we need to spend a decently high draft choice to nab Shazier's successor. Or, this might be a decent position, given the importance of the green dot, to think about a vet free agent. Someone of the Farrior ilk, although frankly we need someone much more athletic.

Hopefully Ryan will prove us all wrong and be on the field opening day next year. Miracles do happen. But I'm not optimistic. If he can walk and lead a normal life again, I'll be more than happy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:31 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Lol

+1000

You don't trade a 21 year old with his apparent mental makeup seeming coaches dream with possible sky is the limit talent who already is showing himself to be a playmaker in big moments.

You build the franchise around guys like that.

Last edited by Havoc on Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:37 pm 

Just looked at calendar....says December 26th

So this isn’t an April Fool’s thing....

Answer is NO.

Dude is the youngest player in league and already a baller.

FA or draft to fill ILB void.

Was anyone else sick when VW got dinged up last night?

That guy is a flat out football player. Was incredibly relieved to see him back in shortly thereafter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:52 pm 

You can make a better argument for trading Bell... and I wouldn't do that , either.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:05 pm 

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php

Perhaps he is on this list...

Of course praying for Shaz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:37 pm 

TB wrote:

Awesome idea. I bet we can get Larry Foote for vet minimum to fill in at MLB :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:38 pm 

Rocky Mtn Stiller wrote:
TB wrote:

Awesome idea. I bet we can get Larry Foote for vet minimum to fill in at MLB :lol:

Only if Kendrell Bell isn’t available.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:01 pm 

Rian Wallace is available and is a Super Bowl champion. Just saying.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:49 pm 

JuJu has at least two things Bryant doesn't: hands and the ability to block. Last couple games I've been watching Bryant's pathetic attempts to block down field. Total failure. In NE game, JuJu could have scored with an effective play from Brant. Maybe why he cut across field away from the sideline, anticipating help from Bryant that didn't materialize, that is, MB lollygaged down field and did nothing when he got there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:02 pm 

I haven't read the thread, but based on the title, you're out of your fucking mind. In my opinion, of course.

The steelers have two bonafide receivers, and you want to trade one away? MB is still a #3 and even that is up for debate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:38 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Hmmm.

JuJu under contract for the next 3 seasons.

Bryant has one year left on his rookie contract and his history and suspensions are very similar to Josh Gordon.

Rogers has zero years left on his contract, he will be a restricted free agent next season. Amazing how he has been playing better of late, where the hell were his balls and skills as a punt returner before this Texan game? Money is a strong motivator to be sure.

So, you want to trade JuJu when Rogers might be gone next season and Bryant in 2019? That does not make any sense. In your scenario we could very well be without JuJu and Rogers next season and have to rely on Bryant to be Brown's complement? And for just one lame duck season at that?

Sorry, but I keep JuJu and Bryant for 2018, and let Rogers leave for free agency and draft another WR in round 3 or 4. An ILB can be easily found and as I said in another thread, hell, why couldn't TJ Watt be moved to ILB and be the next Brian Urlacher? The next big, 6'4" 255 monster ILB/MLB that has special instincts and coverage skills?
Scunge bringing it again. No way should they trade Juju. Bryant may be a consideration with the probability of Hunter returning. Rogers is JAG. Likely not on the roster come September 2018. Who is the ILB you're targeting?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:34 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Even if this was a great idea, they wouldn’t have the balls to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
You can make a better argument for trading Bell... and I wouldn't do that , either.

Or Bryant, but again they wouldn’t do it - too damn conservative and stubborn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:14 pm 

Draft Roquan Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 pm 

We seem to have a WR factory. The rookies come in and the coaching and Ben turn them into superstars. Sell one and get the IMLB that seems to take 3 years to develop in the PS. There have not been many rookies that have come in an made a huge impact at that position. I am just saying I don’t want to develop an IMLB. We can live without JuJu and teams are foolish enough to make a trade for a WR. I don’t know who the prospect is, but that is for the GM to figure out. You can’t have AB and Bell at every skill position...the salary cap will not allow it, unless you get some type of Lebron James friends wink wink deal going on.

It makes sense.

You all are being short sighted. Sure up MB and Eli with coaching, plus we have a new punt returner too in Eli.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:01 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
We seem to have a WR factory. The rookies come in and the coaching and Ben turn them into superstars.

Yeah, Demarus Ayers, Sammie Coates, Markus Wheaton, Justin Brown, Toney Clemons, and Limas Sweed are all setting the league on fire.

The Steelers are better than average at picking WRs, but they're not perfect at it. JuJu is a budding star. There is no way they're trading him, and it would make absolutely no sense to do so.