It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Trade Ju Ju for MLB in the Off-Season?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:22 am 

We are flush with talent at WR. I would trade Ju Ju to a team that is flush with MLB talent, to replace Shazier in the off-season. RS will need to move on with his life’s work and maybe coaching said MLB. And if he has a miraculous recovery we get depth. But all signs point to him being wheel chair bound or at best walking and never playing football again.

Sure we could probably build with the draft and take our chances, but I would pull off a trade with a bona fide WR for a bonafide MLB. If we have Bryant and Rogers seemingly back, we would be in good stead.

If I recall correctly, I was very young, but I recall Gabe Rivera being blamed for a PS defensive slump for a few seasons; the argument being it was dufficult to recover from losing your #1 draft pick.

Post subject: Re: Trade Ju Ju for MLB in the Off-Season?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
We are flush with talent at WR. I would trade Ju Ju to a team that is flush with MLB talent, to replace Shazier in the off-season. RS will need to move on with his life’s work and maybe coaching said MLB. And if he has a miraculous recovery we get depth. But all signs point to him being wheel chair bound or at best walking and never playing football again.

Sure we could probably build with the draft and take our chances, but I would pull off a trade with a bona fide WR for a bonafide MLB. If we have Bryant and Rogers seemingly back, we would be in good stead.

If I recall correctly, I was very young, but I recall Gabe Rivera being blamed for a PS defensive slump for a few seasons; the argument being it was dufficult to recover from losing your #1 draft pick.

That's insane. Good MLB can be found in the 2nd -4th rounds and can play right away. And you think Bryant is now a lock to be a choirboy the rest of his career?
Good god. Put down the Egg nog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:22 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

C’mon man!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 am 

Lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:14 am 

Nope.

Draft a ILB early this April.

Problem solved.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:15 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:18 am 

Hmmm.

JuJu under contract for the next 3 seasons.

Bryant has one year left on his rookie contract and his history and suspensions are very similar to Josh Gordon.

Rogers has zero years left on his contract, he will be a restricted free agent next season. Amazing how he has been playing better of late, where the hell were his balls and skills as a punt returner before this Texan game? Money is a strong motivator to be sure.

So, you want to trade JuJu when Rogers might be gone next season and Bryant in 2019? That does not make any sense. In your scenario we could very well be without JuJu and Rogers next season and have to rely on Bryant to be Brown's complement? And for just one lame duck season at that?

Sorry, but I keep JuJu and Bryant for 2018, and let Rogers leave for free agency and draft another WR in round 3 or 4. An ILB can be easily found and as I said in another thread, hell, why couldn't TJ Watt be moved to ILB and be the next Brian Urlacher? The next big, 6'4" 255 monster ILB/MLB that has special instincts and coverage skills?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:01 am 

JuJu is a budding star. I don't think you can trade him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:10 am 

I think you have to do it if it means we can re-sign James Harrison.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:41 am 

No I don't want to trade JuJu. He is the next big superstar on this offense.

I do sadly think that we need to spend a decently high draft choice to nab Shazier's successor. Or, this might be a decent position, given the importance of the green dot, to think about a vet free agent. Someone of the Farrior ilk, although frankly we need someone much more athletic.

Hopefully Ryan will prove us all wrong and be on the field opening day next year. Miracles do happen. But I'm not optimistic. If he can walk and lead a normal life again, I'll be more than happy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next