It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any word on AB lately
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:10 pm 

I once pulled both calves (I know) playing basketball. I was 26 at the time.

I had trouble walking for 2 weeks and it was 2 months before I could run again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:10 pm 

Not a pull, though-- a contusion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

im pretty sure i read "partial tear"...which is another way of saying a strain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Was it ever for sure confirmed to be a contusion? If that's the case, I would assume once swelling has gone down that there's no further risk of injury (when combined with aggressive massage to break up any scar tissue).

It's been a week and a half....to be limping like that still, one hell of a kick.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:17 pm 

Havoc wrote:
I once pulled both calves (I know) playing basketball. I was 26 at the time.

I had trouble walking for 2 weeks and it was 2 months before I could run again.

I had a very, very minor strain/tear. I felt a tightness, and immediately stopped running. Walked home the last mile with mild discomfort, but only a very slight limp.

Not to compare myself to a pro athlete in his prime, but mine was tight and sore for almost a week, and probably two weeks to fully heal. I just don't look at AB now and think he'll be 100% in 2.5 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:29 pm 

The one thing you can tell for sure in that video is there is no bruising or swelling in his calf - that rules out a Grade 3 (over 50%) tear, which is what Troy had.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:31 pm 

Quote:
ProFootballDocContact Reporter
Sports Medical Analyst

Sunday brought a bad result for the Steelers.
But in the aftermath of their 27-24 loss to the Patriots, there was some good news regarding wide receiver Antonio Brown.
Not only did he not need emergency surgery for compartment syndrome, he appears to have the good (better) kind of partial calf muscle tear.
Calf muscle strains and partial tears are known to linger, especially in explosive athletes like Brown.

If this were a partial tear from elongation suffered while changing directions or pushing off, it could easily affect Brown for the next 4-6 weeks, which would leave him at less than 100 percent for the playoffs.
By video, though, this partial muscle tear was from a direct blow and thus will have less separation of muscle fibers and a potentially quicker return.
Yes, he will likely still miss the final two games of the regular season, but this gives him a good chance to be effective for the playoffs — and potentially 100 percent for a possible rematch with the Patriots.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:35 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
I had a very, very minor strain/tear. I felt a tightness, and immediately stopped running. Walked home the last mile with mild discomfort, but only a very slight limp.

Not to compare myself to a pro athlete in his prime, but mine was tight and sore for almost a week, and probably two weeks to fully heal. I just don't look at AB now and think he'll be 100% in 2.5 weeks.

It's AB. His skillset requires a healthy calf. He missed last game. It's a concern. Hopefully it will all work out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:36 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:
ProFootballDocContact Reporter
Sports Medical Analyst

Sunday brought a bad result for the Steelers.
But in the aftermath of their 27-24 loss to the Patriots, there was some good news regarding wide receiver Antonio Brown.
Not only did he not need emergency surgery for compartment syndrome, he appears to have the good (better) kind of partial calf muscle tear.
Calf muscle strains and partial tears are known to linger, especially in explosive athletes like Brown.

If this were a partial tear from elongation suffered while changing directions or pushing off, it could easily affect Brown for the next 4-6 weeks, which would leave him at less than 100 percent for the playoffs.
By video, though, this partial muscle tear was from a direct blow and thus will have less separation of muscle fibers and a potentially quicker return.
Yes, he will likely still miss the final two games of the regular season, but this gives him a good chance to be effective for the playoffs — and potentially 100 percent for a possible rematch with the Patriots.

Seems uncertain. Hopefully it will all work out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:31 pm 

I don't trust or believe anything I see on instagram or wherever.

He may be fine, he may not.

Nobody knows until it matters.

It doesn't matter against the brownies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next