It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Poor Pass D.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:45 pm 

Well Bud "The Truth" Dupree explains why the pass D was so poor against the Browns in the second half.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/12/bud-dupree-defenders-freelanced-break-sack-record-blames-big-plays-allowed/

Still find it odd that even w/ the freelancing he still had no stats in this game. Not one. Maybe he was too busy uncovering the next big story in the Steelers locker room. :? :?

Post subject: Re: Poor Pass D.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:50 pm 

Seemed like we either got a sack, or gave up a 25 yard play. That was our defense today.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:38 pm 

Bud loves to to talk it up bud would love to see his play on the field match half of what his mouth says.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:40 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Bud loves to to talk it up bud would love to see his play on the field match half of what his mouth says.

Until this week I have never heard him speak, so I don’t think this is quite true.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:41 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:

Until this week I have never heard him speak, so I don’t think this is quite true.

I'm seeing a "Dupree talks too much" meme starting based on his saying Harrison never visited Shaz.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:43 pm 

maybe his mouth was on the mend but enough talk for a guy who is invisible.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:01 pm 

Or maybe he is only a 24 yr old 3rd year player who just sat back and kept quiet while the ole grisly veteran Steeler legend was on the team and in his position room/meetings. And when Harrison was released his coaches told him its time for him to step up and take a leader role now that he is one of the more experienced OLBs in the room.

But lets not take into consideration, the inter workings of a pro team locker room influence in the ridicule of a cog and a 13-3 team that broke 55 sack season record.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:05 pm 

Sorry but i have not seen Bud stepping up into the leadership role . I not sure he be around here past his first contract.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:27 am 

Bud Dupree is close to being an embarrassment right now. He really has no place to talk right now.

Yesterday he had 0 tackles, 0 sacks, and no impact plays that I can remember at all. He's a disappearing act all too often. Even in games where he will get the occasional hustle or coverage sack, he'll disappear for the rest of the game.

I believe he has 9 tackles in his last 4 games. We can point to the poor safety play and there is a lot of truth to that. But, the #15 pick in his draft class is playing like crap.

He is facing the RT of the opposing team almost every snap and can do nothing with it. Watt is facing the LT of the other team and busting his ass and often drawing double teams and chips from TE and RB (like yesterday).

I'm in the camp that Deebo was washed up. But Bud is playing so poorly right now, that you have to wonder if Chickillo wouldn't be a better option...at least against pass heavy teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:37 am 

Doesn’t excuse the shit play from Mitchell and the secondary. They are getting beat on the same big plays week after week. We are not going to make a SB run with that kind of play.

Last edited by Steelergenie on Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:43 am 

Bench the bud smoker and get Chickillo on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:14 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
Doesn’t excuse the shit play from Mitchell and the secondary. They are getting beat on the same big plays week after week. We are not going to make a SB run with that kind of play.

I just wonder...has Mitchell led with his head one too many times?

I mean...I can’t get the image of the Patriots going 2x2, and Mitchell cheating to the side AWAY FROM GRONK out of my head. Why in a million years would he do that?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am 

Other than Tomlin and Haley on the sideline, the secondary is what scares me the most about going into Foxboro provided they get by the divisional round which is no gimme, especially for this team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:29 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:

I just wonder...has Mitchell led with his head one too many times?

I mean...I can’t get the image of the Patriots going 2x2, and Mitchell cheating to the side AWAY FROM GRONK out of my head. Why in a million years would he do that?
Take a look at the replay of the long pass to the one yard line (overturned TD). Mitchell was cheating the other side of the field, and the stains sent ONE receiver. He hesitated and that's all it took for the guy to get open. Haden was pointing to him like : Watch out for that guy, I'll take the guys underneath. They couldn't cover one guy. But I think that's been detailed here already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:50 am 

franco32 wrote:
Bud Dupree is close to being an embarrassment right now. He really has no place to talk right now.

Yesterday he had 0 tackles, 0 sacks, and no impact plays that I can remember at all. He's a disappearing act all too often. Even in games where he will get the occasional hustle or coverage sack, he'll disappear for the rest of the game.

I believe he has 9 tackles in his last 4 games. We can point to the poor safety play and there is a lot of truth to that. But, the #15 pick in his draft class is playing like crap.

He is facing the RT of the opposing team almost every snap and can do nothing with it. Watt is facing the LT of the other team and busting his ass and often drawing double teams and chips from TE and RB (like yesterday).

I'm in the camp that Deebo was washed up. But Bud is playing so poorly right now, that you have to wonder if Chickillo wouldn't be a better option...at least against pass heavy teams.

I just think it takes Bud too long to process information. All of the athletic ability in the world doesn't matter if your a second late with your read. He should have figured it out by now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:02 pm 

bud [Jarvis] Dupree...dude was better as a rookie.. hes more useless then when Woodley was a slow fat ass..titty jousting he has mastered.
I don't know solutions but steelers defense better get their shit together if we want a bowl win..these long pass plays to wide ass open recievers sashaying around has gotten comical. how many 3rd and double digit first downs they given up this year? long pass plays where closest defender is 15 yards away and chasing? bad. why the hell is Mitchell still parading around out there is beyond me..id rather get torched with a new guy then his sorry ass.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:49 pm 

I believe you've hit on something there, the-other-burgh. Dupree doesn't process information fast enough. His eyes see it but his thoughts to respond are slow to unfold. Like seeing Dupree watching plays unfold standing there doing nothing about it til the play is out of his reach or over. It's been maddening watching Dupree do this. It's a mental thing. Not sure if that can be coached up. In his third year I would think coaching would have resolved this issue. Apparently not. Chickillo is not the better candidate IMO. Chickillo runs out of steam quickly and disappears as well. Moats is a bum stealing a roster spot and pay check. The guy I'm interested in seeing what he's got is the IR'd OLB Keion Adams. He was having some success in camp before getting hurt. Enough to get noticed. Farrington Huguenin, can't break into the 53 and is regarded as practice squad only at this point. I guess what I'm saying is I really hate to spend another premium draft pick on an OLB. Hoping either Huguenin and/or the Adams kid can both break out and warrant promotions. Gonna be next season unless there's an injury. Love to see Moats, Chickillo and Dupree fighting for 1 spot. 3 dogs one bone. Sorry for going off topic.
Anyway,
Mitchell is the biggest liability IMO. He is often out of position. He can't make a legitimate tackle without trying to concuss himself and the opponent which causes missed tackles. Mitchell takes horrendous angles often due to being out of position. The worst safety in the league yet gets all sort of praise from teammates and coaching staff. Can't wait to see them replace his lame ass with a competent safety.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:41 pm 

Maybe chick wouldn't run out of steam if he wasn't playing EVERY FUCKING TEAMS SNAP IN EVERY FUCKING GAME. May as well have the motherfucker play TE on offense while he's at it. If it were up to me, i'd have bud playing teams and save chick for defense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:47 pm 

It's no different than Matakevich playing every teams snap. Or Nix... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... counts.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Mitchell is the biggest liability IMO. He is often out of position. He can't make a legitimate tackle without trying to concuss himself and the opponent which causes missed tackles. Mitchell takes horrendous angles often due to being out of position. The worst safety in the league yet gets all sort of praise from teammates and coaching staff. Can't wait to see them replace his lame ass with a competent safety.

This x1000

He seems out of position on most plays and is far too slow to catch up to any plays. Would love to dump him for a better free agent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm 

we can always put in Golden or Wilcox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:21 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
we can always put in Golden or Wilcox

Honestly, for the cap hit on Wilcox, he's been one hell of a disappointment this season. Golden is who he is, but at least he's not costing 4 million a year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:47 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Sorry but i have not seen Bud stepping up into the leadership role . I not sure he be around here past his first contract.

Not the Steelers way..... I bet he gets a lucrative 2nd deal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 pm 

Steelwood wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

This x1000

He seems out of position on most plays and is far too slow to catch up to any plays. Would love to dump him for a better free agent.

Someone mentioned going after Eric Reid in FA. That would go a long way to fixing a lot of our secondary problems. I wanted him over Jones in the draft and thought they were going to draft him. Hell I was screaming for Ogletree over Jones and all anyone had to do was watch film and see that Jones was a busta even then.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:03 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:

Not the Steelers way..... I bet he gets a lucrative 2nd deal

I don't see that happening unless there is a huge improvement next year. I can't see them picking up the 5th year option. They'll probably allow him to play out the string ala Jones to see what happens. Watt's rookie year has already exceeded Bud's best career season.