It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, Jobu...we do it ourselves
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:56 pm 

SP wrote:
This sets up well for us. KC has won in NE in back to back years and are hot. The Pats have not been impressive down the stretch. The Jags lost two in a row and their QB isn’t the type to win a road playoff game. Could be a Steelers vs KC AFCC Game.

I agree with this, but JAX defense scares me....especially knowing the offense will probably start slowly after not having played for 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:00 pm 

Their defense is good but think the steelers will be ready. I don't think Blake can out perform BiG ben.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:49 pm 

Out of all the things this that happened this weekend I find it hard to believe that the Ratbirds crapped the bed against the Bungles giving up that 4th Down TD w/ Dalton of all people not fizzling out in a big game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:54 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Their defense is good but think the steelers will be ready. I don't think Blake can out perform BiG ben.

Let's hope that AB is back and playing up to his usual standards. His injury has been lost in the shuffle of news lately, but it's potentially devastating.

I'd also like to see the defense tackle Leonard Fournette a time or two.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:39 am 

SP wrote:
This sets up well for us. KC has won in NE in back to back years and are hot. The Pats have not been impressive down the stretch. The Jags lost two in a row and their QB isn’t the type to win a road playoff game. Could be a Steelers vs KC AFCC Game.

This is how I'm seeing it as well. Jets actually didn't do too bad against Patriots O today. Their own offense and Bryce Fuckin' Petty couldn't do shit. KC has some weapons and are looking more like their first third of the season than how they looked when they sunk to 6-6.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:16 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
SP wrote:

This is how I'm seeing it as well. Jets actually didn't do too bad against Patriots O today. Their own offense and Bryce Fuckin' Petty couldn't do shit. KC has some weapons and are looking more like their first third of the season than how they looked when they sunk to 6-6.

Well...every time we’ve been a 2 seed...we’ve hosted a home AFCCG and gone to the Super Bowl.

1979: Houston upset #1 San Diego and we hosted and beat the Oilers
1995: Indianapolis upset #1 Kansas City and we hosted and beat the Colts
2008: Baltimore upset #1 Tennessee and we hosted and beat the Ravens
2010: New York upset #1 New England and we hosted and beat the Jets

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:06 am 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
SP wrote:

Well...every time we’ve been a 2 seed...we’ve hosted a home AFCCG and gone to the Super Bowl.

1979: Houston upset #1 San Diego and we hosted and beat the Oilers
1995: Indianapolis upset #1 Kansas City and we hosted and beat the Colts
2008: Baltimore upset #1 Tennessee and we hosted and beat the Ravens
2010: New York upset #1 New England and we hosted and beat the Jets

Slight correction, Jeems....which unfortunately kaboshes the historical perspective:
*1997, Denver beat #1 seeded Chefs in Divisional Playoffs. AFCCG was in Three Rivers Stadium, home of #2 seeded Steelers..Steelers lost.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:12 am 

Oh yeah- forgot about 1997- probably blocking it out of my mind (LOL).

Well at least every time we’ve been the #2 seed, the #1 has lost!

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:24 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Oh yeah- forgot about 1997- probably blocking it out of my mind (LOL).

Well at least every time we’ve been the #2 seed, the #1 has lost!

Wish I could block it, Jeems. Still kicking myself in the ass for rooting for the John Elway led Doncos to beat the Elvis Fuckin' Grbac led Chefs at Arrowhead. Would we have been better off going into Arrowhead under those circumstances, or hosting the Doncos? It was a close game, too...Denver-KC.

I went to both playoff games at TRS....the latter being the Chan Fuckin' Gailey game. And....talk about being victimized by officials...Steelers 14-10 lead turned into a 24-14 halftime deficit due to to DPI calls late in the half, following the Gailey fuck-up with Kordell.

Still don't know how Jason Gildon fails to defend that pompous fuck Tight End on 3rd & 6 with two minutes left. He makes that play, Steelers get ball back in very good position to tie the game.

Game fuckin' haunts me still...first of three consecutive AFCCG losses I witnessed in Pittsburgh, finally purged in '08.