It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game we care about : Bengals Ravens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:28 pm 

Last edited by blu on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:30 pm 

I don't see the Chiefs going into cheat stadium and pulling off a win. I guess it's not impossible but likely improbable. This is one the Steelers have to Take Care of Themselves I'm thinking. SBI is winning the next game in front of you. Well said, Tundralag.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:34 pm 

blu wrote:
franco32 wrote:
SBI is for a fresh KC team to go into Cheatsville and smack them around. Having KC engage in a bloodbath with Baltimore was not SBI since either team would have been badly beaten up. I just don't see the Titans doing much against KC.

I think for KC/Tenn that the determination for winning may be which team/players are better dealing with extreme cold. This weekend will seem warm compared to what's go to be happening in the Midwest next weekend.

Posted this on the other OP....forecast I'm looking at has high temp. of 39, mostly sunny, in KC next Saturday.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMO0460:1:US

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:35 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I don't see the Chiefs going into cheat stadium and pulling off a win. I guess it's not impossible but likely improbable. This is one the Steelers have to Take Care of Themselves I'm thinking. SBI is winning the next game in front of you. Well said, Tundralag.

Not quite agreeing with that assessment. Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean we can't root for AFCCG to be in Heinz, most likely opponent being the Chefs. It would certainly be in Steelers Best Interest (SBI) for that to occur.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:40 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
blu wrote:
franco32 wrote:
SBI is for a fresh KC team to go into Cheatsville and smack them around. Having KC engage in a bloodbath with Baltimore was not SBI since either team would have been badly beaten up. I just don't see the Titans doing much against KC.

I think for KC/Tenn that the determination for winning may be which team/players are better dealing with extreme cold. This weekend will seem warm compared to what's go to be happening in the Midwest next weekend.

Posted this on the other OP....forecast I'm looking at has high temp. of 39, mostly sunny, in KC next Saturday.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMO0460:1:US

I'm sorry for the weather report mix-up. You are right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:44 pm 

KC isn't losing in Arrowhead to Marcus and his average receivers. Alex is playing his best ball ever and KC is the only other roster and coach that can win in NE. Fat Andy won't be had by NEs tricks and deceptions. They won't trust the scoreboard, they'll study every trick and analytic advantage NE has used before and be as ready as any team can be. If they lose it'll be on a call or non call in NE. There's no doubt the Hunts will get calls in KC, hope they have enough muscle for if not a clean game in NE at least some neutralizing refs. Your guys throw flags our guys throw flags.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:08 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Not quite agreeing with that assessment. Just because it's unlikely doesn't mean we can't root for AFCCG to be in Heinz, most likely opponent being the Chefs. It would certainly be in Steelers Best Interest (SBI) for that to occur.

Still have to prepare for the likely event of playing in cheatville. All I'm saying swiss.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

yes..and at very least a taxing game for pats beforehand if we play them.. I like buffalos chances being a familiar foe vs pats far more then titans who have zero prayer of making a game close. but I think chiefs at least can compete with the pats a bit and maybe even beat some guys up..that said it be ok if both road dogs win and we get titans..i do like our chances vs a losing streak jags team [currently\ in Pittsburgh. with steeler revenge on our mind.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:25 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Still have to prepare for the likely event of playing in cheatville. All I'm saying swiss.

Absolutely, that's the most likely event. But...would be better if Steelers were hosting AFCCG. I'm just disputing the assessment that SBI is winning next game in front. Well yeah, absolutely it is. It's SBI though to have the next game in front of you being one you're more likely to win based on opponent and venue.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:32 pm 

For finding parallels, here's the one thing I'm hanging my hat on - Tony Dungy, Peyton Manning and the Colts eventually found a way to beat the evil empire. I'll never forget the 2006 AFCCG when the Colts made that great comeback. Dungy and Peyton finally got that Patsie monkey off their back. It's time for Tomlin and Ben to do so if that matchup happens again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next