It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Trade Ju Ju for MLB in the Off-Season?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:58 am 

Luke Keuchly is dangerously close to having to retire because of those recurring concussions. He has missed 10 games the past 3 seasons because of them.

His next concussion could be the one that does him in literally.

Also, who wants to take on the remainder of a $61 million contract with a player with a history of concussions? We tried that once with a TE named Ladarius Green and how well did that work out?

There really are no ILBs to trade for that A, don't have an injury history, and B, have huge contracts that you would inherit. Yes, if Shazier hadn't gotten hurt they would have made him the next highest paid ILB, but in typical Steeler fashion, his first few years would have been very low and then ramped up in the latter portions of his contract.

JuJu is a bonafide star, a unique, distinctive talent, who if anything makes Bryant the one that you would trade away.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 am 

We just need to get better at drafting defense, especially LBers.

Other teams find gems on D and work them right in. We’ll have to start doing that as well.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:01 am 

Why do we need to trade any receiver? With Brown, Bryant, and JuJu we have the best WR corps in the NFL. 70% of our plays should be run out of 3WR sets. Brown and Juju can alternate the slot. Even with Bell — who should be franchised next year again — there should be more than enough balls to go around to keep everyone happy. Think 9 targets for Brown; 7 targets for Bryant/Juju; 7 targets for Bell; and 5 targets for TEs. That’s 35 targets a week.

If Ben comes back, target ILB / safety early + QB if stud falls. If Ben retires, go after Cousins.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:43 am 

Obviously I wouldn't trade Juju for an ILB, but man, I'd love to have someone like Telvin Smith with that tackling and speed in the middle of our D.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:47 am 

Please move this entire thread to the “Twilight Zone” forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:24 pm 

7 TD's and 917 yards.....outstanding numbers for a late R2 rookie.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:38 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Lynch wrote:
I can hear the chant at heinz already... JU!!! JU!!! JU!!! JU!!!

When he catches a pass: Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Lol, that's better stating the sound I had in mind...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:08 pm 

Keuchly is really damn good, but I watched the Panthers v. Falcons game yesterday and was even more impressed with Thomas Davis Sr. For a veteran that dude is all over the field, basically running stride for stride with the fastest Atlanta receivers.

I hope Shazier can play football for us again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:33 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Keuchly is really damn good, but I watched the Panthers v. Falcons game yesterday and was even more impressed with Thomas Davis Sr. For a veteran that dude is all over the field, basically running stride for stride with the fastest Atlanta receivers.

I hope Shazier can play football for us again.

But you're not trading away a star WR for Davis, Lee, Keuchly. Just not enough return on investment here. I would look at Wagner if the Legion of Boom is actually done but you could get that done with Bryant or a draft pick if they are really looking to rebuild.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7