It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More Patriots Whinning
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:54 am 

Looked it up — the Pats lead the league in first downs gained via penalties and are tied for first in the league in giving up the fewest first downs via penalties. On average, the refs give them almost 1.7 more first downs via penalties. Looking at the names of teams on both sides, it doesn’t look like this is a “skill” instead of random luck. In fact, it would surprise me if depressing penalties was a skill. Penalties are part of the game; if for example you aren’t playing receivers right then you’ll never get penalties but you’ll give up a lot of big plays. See the Seahawks LOB.

It does tell me the refs certainly have helped the Pats our, beyond instant replay. Even if the Pats somehow are skilled at both getting penalties and avoiding penalties what are the odds the Pats are the best at both? Pretty low giving different players, etc.

The good news is that in the playoffs they tend to swallow the whistle a bit. Accordingly, one of the Pats big weapons — the Refs — may be minimized.

Post subject: Re: More Patriots Whinning
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:11 am 

Let’s not hang our hats on thinking they’ll not get calls

I refuse to

All I know is we won that fucking football game a few weeks ago

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
Looked it up — the Pats lead the league in first downs gained via penalties and are tied for first in the league in giving up the fewest first downs via penalties. On average, the refs give them almost 1.7 more first downs via penalties. Looking at the names of teams on both sides, it doesn’t look like this is a “skill” instead of random luck. In fact, it would surprise me if depressing penalties was a skill. Penalties are part of the game; if for example you aren’t playing receivers right then you’ll never get penalties but you’ll give up a lot of big plays. See the Seahawks LOB.

It does tell me the refs certainly have helped the Pats our, beyond instant replay. Even if the Pats somehow are skilled at both getting penalties and avoiding penalties what are the odds the Pats are the best at both? Pretty low giving different players, etc.

The good news is that in the playoffs they tend to swallow the whistle a bit. Accordingly, one of the Pats big weapons — the Refs — may be minimized.

Swallowing the whistles means their DBs will be able to mug our receivers and get away with it...and although we employed more man concepts than they did, it still felt like we weren’t getting physical enough with their guys...and that will have to change.

Oh...and do you have a link to these stats? I saw this on Twitter last week, but there was no link to the actual penalty stats.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

Swallowing the whistles means their DBs will be able to mug our receivers and get away with it...and although we employed more man concepts than they did, it still felt like we weren’t getting physical enough with their guys...and that will have to change.

Oh...and do you have a link to these stats? I saw this on Twitter last week, but there was no link to the actual penalty stats.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs

The real travesty will be if they swallow the whistle for one side, but not the other.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:05 pm 

Fuck Caspar Gomez....and fuck the Diaz brothers....fuck em all!!! We bury those cock-a-roaches in a few weeks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:29 pm 

punum123 wrote:
Fuck Caspar Gomez....and fuck the Diaz brothers....fuck em all!!! We bury those cock-a-roaches in a few weeks!

You saw me post that a few weeks ago. I love it

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:32 pm 

Jesse James scored a Touchdown. Pure and Simple. I know it was 2 weeks ago. That doesn't make it less true. Listen to Kellerman explain it Clearly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJhtHqIZfJY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:21 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
punum123 wrote:

Hey Beth-

I don’t recall seeing your post....but then again I can’t remember what I read 10 minutes ago....gettin old as my kids tell me! So, didn’t mean to requote.

Having said that, Tony Montana’s quote really sums up how I feel. I’m tired of hearing about NE...they’re no world-beaters. I pray we get a shot at these assholes one more time this season. Hopefully Tomlin and Co. learned a lesson after that last meeting.

That is all

Happy New Year

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:15 pm 

Know what the best way is to avoid getting screwed by the refs? Blow these fuckers out so the game isn't close enough for the refs to have influence

Lest everyone forgets that if we manage 2 more first downs with 4 mins left we're not talking about "surviving the ground "

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:20 pm 

Which means we need to turn off Haley’s mic after halftime

Or he leaves in the next week or so

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:25 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Know what the best way is to avoid getting screwed by the refs? Blow these fuckers out so the game isn't close enough for the refs to have influence

Lest everyone forgets that if we manage 2 more first downs with 4 mins left we're not talking about "surviving the ground "

Wanted Steelers to go for it on 4th & 1 from the 29 with a little over 2 min. left.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:37 pm 

punum123 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
punum123 wrote:

Hey Beth-

I don’t recall seeing your post....but then again I can’t remember what I read 10 minutes ago....gettin old as my kids tell me! So, didn’t mean to requote.

Having said that, Tony Montana’s quote really sums up how I feel. I’m tired of hearing about NE...they’re no world-beaters. I pray we get a shot at these assholes one more time this season. Hopefully Tomlin and Co. learned a lesson after that last meeting.

That is all

Happy New Year

Happy new year too. All well. Love that scene. I try to use that vile phrase every now and then

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:38 pm 

Good work Zeke

To a man they know we beat them. If we go to NE we need to blow them the fuck out. Calling this patriot team a world class SB dynasty team is like calling diluted instant tea a fine beverage. We have to score on each of our first five possessions, at least 3 TD's, we have to out fucking hit them every where. We need to physically destroy them, never pull up, never miss an opportunity. If the refs fuck us out of the game we need to leave them 2 or 3 starters short so that they get their asses kicked by a tough D in the SB.

There is no question in my mind they targeted AB, waiting for the ball in a confined area with two defenders converging is one of the rare times they would have had a chance to clobber him.

Hilton is like this generation's Shell. Same number, undrafted FA, pure luck we got both. Somebody has to hit Brady.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:

This is where I am at..... fuck the refs, claims of cheating, grow a pair on defense and get this monkey off our back. It’s time.