It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Georgia / Oklahoma
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
How you should feel is ripped off that this stupid cartel deprives you of, say, a 16 team playoff. Would have been really fun this year. I don't know how a college football fan can watch, say UCF v Auburn and Georgia v Oklahoma and think we need fewer playoff games. The chances of getting two SEC teams in the final are higher because of bias towards their conference.

Even a 12-team playoff would be great fun.

I agree with this. Either do it right or end it. I know a lot of you guys are draft freaks but I can’t stand to watch a majority of the bowls except the playoff bowls.

I have said this for years, I wish the NFL would develop a 32 team minor league system in secondary markets. The season schedule would mirror the NFL schedule with the same team colors, playoffs, and a minor league Super Bowl.

The NFL draft would change dramatically and become much bigger as they would have to craft for both systems.

I guarantee a lot of blue chip prospects would opt for the money coming out of high school.

College football would change dramatically too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:04 pm 

My dad has always talked in favor of an NFL minor league system over the idea of paying college players.

I've always wondered how Division 2 and 3 can manage an actual playoffs and Division 1 can't.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:53 pm 

Ice wrote:
My dad has always talked in favor of an NFL minor league system over the idea of paying college players.

I've always wondered how Division 2 and 3 can manage an actual playoffs and Division 1 can't.

It is called money and bowl system.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:42 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
How you should feel is ripped off that this stupid cartel deprives you of, say, a 16 team playoff. Would have been really fun this year. I don't know how a college football fan can watch, say UCF v Auburn and Georgia v Oklahoma and think we need fewer playoff games. The chances of getting two SEC teams in the final are higher because of bias towards their conference.

Even a 12-team playoff would be great fun.

Heck even an 8 team playoff would work.

Honestly I feel bad for Central Fla....win all your games and can't garner even a CHANCE?

And yes you have arguably the best QB in the country (OU) and you take it out of his hands? Haley calling plays from the wheelchair now?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:53 pm 

jebrick wrote:
Ice wrote:

It is called money and bowl system.

Wait... You mean it's not about missing classes and academics?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:43 pm 

I still say the 6 team playoff would be ideal. All 5 power conference champs are in. It adds a lot of drama and meaning to those games. Add in one at large for the random team that pops us like Notre Dame, Boise St, Central Florida or 1-loss Power 5 team like Alabama. Only one team gets in by something subjective.

Top two seeds get a bye. 3/6 and 4/5 play mid December in the better seeds home stadium. Winners play top seeds at New Years Bowl Games and the Championship is the week after. It only adds two games, puts meaning to conference championships and guarantees every part of the country is represented. Everyone still makes money, just more of it. Bowls still exist. Have those play in game losers face off in a bowl game too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 pm 

If you have relegation, this system would work wonderfully!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:47 am 

I think this will be a crappy game. I heard one Atlanta sports journalist predict it to be like a MMA match where the one of the fighters does Brazilian Jujitsu of holds and chokes for the entire match. He will win after 10 minutes of watching him strangle the other fighter. Alabama 24-10