It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Poor Pass D.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 pm 

There really is no defending Dupree at this point. It's not even the sacks. It's the fact he isn't coming close. He's not a disruptive force in any way shape or form. He can get the occasional hustle sack or a sack on an inside stunt when the OL messes up the pick up. But, he's not beating the guy across from him.

His play recognition as others have said is painfully slow. Go back and watch the Baltimore film if you need more proof. In that game, he is always a second too late in reading the run and diagnosing the play. But, beyond that he lacks burst off the snap, has terrible bend around the edge, and he might as well have T-Rex arms because he doesn't use them at all.

I hope I'm dead wrong. I hope he explodes in the playoffs. But, there is no evidence at all of that happening anytime soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:16 pm 

franco32 wrote:
There really is no defending Dupree at this point. It's not even the sacks. It's the fact he isn't coming close. He's not a disruptive force in any way shape or form. He can get the occasional hustle sack or a sack on an inside stunt when the OL messes up the pick up. But, he's not beating the guy across from him.

His play recognition as others have said is painfully slow. Go back and watch the Baltimore film if you need more proof. In that game, he is always a second too late in reading the run and diagnosing the play. But, beyond that he lacks burst off the snap, has terrible bend around the edge, and he might as well have T-Rex arms because he doesn't use them at all.

I hope I'm dead wrong. I hope he explodes in the playoffs. But, there is no evidence at all of that happening anytime soon.

He has damn near the same stats as Danielle Hunter... isn't Hunter considered a hot young edge player? How is he accumulating the TFL & sacks, especially while spending a lot of time in coverage? Sheer luck?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
franco32 wrote:

He has damn near the same stats as Danielle Hunter... isn't Hunter considered a hot young edge player? How is he accumulating the TFL & sacks, especially while spending a lot of time in coverage? Sheer luck?
I may be basing an opinion on a limited sample set, but the highlights I've seen opponents have him double teamed, chip shotted, and ran the other way. I don't think he's as bad as people think, but he could use some hand work and some moves other than a bull rush.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:33 pm 

While Bud doesn't have the sack numbers others do, his pass rush arc usually causes the QB to step up in the pocket a few steps. Which in turn, puts him that much closer to the DL players that are getting those sacks. It's all part of the hoedown....sometimes you do-si-do, sometimes you promenade. :)