It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 5535
KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I think the turtling is possibly Tomlin mandated or approved.

And if all interested parties would care to scroll up some, you'll see who I said I would pick to keep.

Haley is everyone's whipping boy. I do not know if he deserves the amount of scorn he gets on here.

Why on earth has the team kept him for 6 years?


I think Haley can draw up some awfully interesting plays and it's very true that he changed the way Ben Roethlisberger plays.

Ben gets rid of the ball much quicker now but Haley struggles mightily as a play caller. I doubt seriously Tomlin overrules Haley in the middle of a game.

Tomlin is an idiot for sure, in that he seems to trust a defense that has struggled against the shittiest of the shitty.

But everyone knows that this team will only go as far as our offense takes us.

Anyone with a working brain, that is. Our defense gives up waaaaay too many big plays and they'll do the same if we face New England again.

We don't score 40 we're likely going to be toast. Haley doesn't call plays like he's looking to score 40,.
I think haley should be an offensive consultant, but stay off the sidelines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3728
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Pretty sure that's what they've been trying to do, Cor.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3872
Ice wrote:
Pretty sure that's what they've been trying to do, Cor.


I love that his professional life mimics his cuckholded personal one


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 598
COR-TEN wrote:
KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
I think the turtling is possibly Tomlin mandated or approved.

And if all interested parties would care to scroll up some, you'll see who I said I would pick to keep.

Haley is everyone's whipping boy. I do not know if he deserves the amount of scorn he gets on here.

Why on earth has the team kept him for 6 years?


I think Haley can draw up some awfully interesting plays and it's very true that he changed the way Ben Roethlisberger plays.

Ben gets rid of the ball much quicker now but Haley struggles mightily as a play caller. I doubt seriously Tomlin overrules Haley in the middle of a game.

Tomlin is an idiot for sure, in that he seems to trust a defense that has struggled against the shittiest of the shitty.

But everyone knows that this team will only go as far as our offense takes us.

Anyone with a working brain, that is. Our defense gives up waaaaay too many big plays and they'll do the same if we face New England again.

We don't score 40 we're likely going to be toast. Haley doesn't call plays like he's looking to score 40,.
I think haley should be an offensive consultant, but stay off the sidelines.


I'd be interested to hear the discussions that Ben and Fitchner have during the game. SInce Fitchner has been a play caller in college and also played DB in college, maybe he is helping Ben with recognition of what they discussed in meetings during the week. Ben mentioned on the radio today that he spends most of his time with Fitchner and the back up QBs during the week. When Batch was still around he would always go right to him when he came off the field. Maybe Fitchner is the new Batch for Ben.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3728
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Ice wrote:
Pretty sure that's what they've been trying to do, Cor.


I love that his professional life mimics his cuckholded personal one


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8122
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Ice wrote:
Pretty sure that's what they've been trying to do, Cor.


I love that his professional life mimics his cuckholded personal one


But he was just watching the ball drop, then BAM!!!! :P

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1472
Haley can fucking kick rocks. This is the best Steelers OL I can remember watching.

_________________
KC wrote:
I got nothin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1353
I think many here are vastly underestimating Mike Munchak's role in the improved offense.

Todd Haley has in the past, been designated as a Passing Game coordinator, as in his time with Dallas. He coached the WRs and developed the passing game.

In his time in Arizona, he was officially the offensive coordinator but Whisenhut called the plays until very late in the season of 2007. So, Todd was the OC for two years but called the plays only one of those seasons.

Here in Pittsburgh, the offense was sort of not really doing all that well Haley's first two years, we were 8-8 for those first two season under Haley as the OC. Points scored we were 22nd, 16th, yards we were 20th, 21st.

Mike Munchak being hired and him being able to not just develop the offensive line, but to bring expertise in how to develop a running game was so, so crucial. This was outside of Haley's wheelhouse, he needed help and nobody is better at doing that then Munchak.

It seems to me that Todd Haley has needed help at every NFL team that he has ever coached at. Whether it was being just a Passing Game coordinator with Dallas, having Whisenhut hold his hand and call plays for him until he thought he was ready, or bringing in a Munchak to get the running game polished and working, Haley has never proven to be able to do it all alone.

It is ludicrous to see some other sites and media types give him so much credit. You take away Munchak and Randy Fitchner and Richard Mann and this offense is not the same. Take away Haley, keep Munchak, promote Fitchner and move Charlie Batch into Fitchner's vacant QB coach position and the offense does not miss a beat. That is how expendable Todd Haley truly is.

_________________
TJ Watt, the next Brian Urlacher for the new Pittsburgh Steeler 4-3 defense for 2018?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1207
Still Lit wrote:
If Haley leaves, do we get to keep his play designs?

Saw this on Depot: four of the top six scoring seasons in franchise history have come over the past four years.

Fun to throw tomatoes at Haley, but that is impressive.


That QB, #7, is pretty good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 8792
Hinestuff wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
If Haley leaves, do we get to keep his play designs?

Saw this on Depot: four of the top six scoring seasons in franchise history have come over the past four years.

Fun to throw tomatoes at Haley, but that is impressive.


That QB, #7, is pretty good.


Now, see, what you meant write was that although our hall of fame QB is pretty good, for some reason we did not have four out of the six top scoring seasons until after Haley showed up.

And if you wanted to put pressure on my position you would point to Munchak being hired or Bell being drafted during these scoring runs.

But instead you just posted that Ben is pretty good.

What Scunge says may hit the nail on the head.

Still, 6 years is a long time to put up with an albatross.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JackSplat58, Poltargyst and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group