It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Curious about incentives in contracts.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm 

Not that they need the money, but sitting the last game cost Bell the rushing title and potentially cost Ben the passing title. Would they have had incentives for this in their contracts? By having them sit, would they get them anyway if they do have them? I'm going by stats on ESPN.

Post subject: Re: Curious about incentives in contracts.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 pm 

CdnSteelerFan wrote:
Not that they need the money, but sitting the last game cost Bell the rushing title and potentially cost Ben the passing title. Would they have had incentives for this in their contracts? By having them sit, would they get them anyway if they do have them? I'm going by stats on ESPN.

Ed Bouchette got the same question re: Bell. Because he was franchised, he got the flat rate with no incentives.

As for Ben, I’m not sure. A player can be benched at any time for any reason, so while it is probably frustrating to miss a milestone like that, it’s part of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:38 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
CdnSteelerFan wrote:

Ed Bouchette got the same question re: Bell. Because he was franchised, he got the flat rate with no incentives.

As for Ben, I’m not sure. A player can be benched at any time for any reason, so while it is probably frustrating to miss a milestone like that, it’s part of the game.

Thanks. I was just looking at the stats and thought losing a good chunk of cash would suck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 am 

CdnSteelerFan wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
CdnSteelerFan wrote:

Thanks. I was just looking at the stats and thought losing a good chunk of cash would suck.

Can't recall any stat incentive contracts for steeler players of late?