It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2219
FromPittWithLove wrote:
Basic forecasting methods? You are trying to reduce every multivariable football decisions into Bayesian statistics? I'm assuming you've looked at the structure of Bayes theorem, please explain how you would reduce this particular situation to P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B). I'm really interested in your definition of P(A) and P(B) since priors are generally really difficult to determine without thousands of samples (usually why most empirical studies simulate these parameters to determine the best fit of their data). .

Football is not economics (I'm guessing that's what you work in - most scientists don't use the word forecast but I apologize if I'm off) because the variables can't be reduced the way you are describing. Maybe in terms of FG decision making but even that's not going to be a very flexible model.

The same argument above holds true for just about every modelling avenue I'm aware of - so even if this isn't about Bayes Theorem I struggle to see how we could possibly measure MT with the metric you propose.


You are taking it to literal. I believe I said Bayesian reasoning. The basic idea, which you are obviously familiar with, is that there are two things that can be true -- in the case, the possibilities are (1) James Harrison is currently better than Moats or (2) Moats is better than Harrison.

Our prior is that players that are border line HOFers are better than guys who have always been scrubs. Thus, probabilistically we can say state 1 is more likely than state 2.

The next issue is there any recent evidence that suggests the prior is wrong in this case. The relevant data is that very recently Harrison performed at a starter level, and has seemingly been better than Moats in limited snaps this season (both guys have only played somewhat limited snaps, but Harrison is the only one to make a splash play). The final piece of evidence is the decision by the coaches. I just don't weigh this evidence very highly. Coaches may believe the difference between Harrison and Moats is rather marginal, and the coaches want to develop Moats for next year. Or, maybe the coaches believe Moats is the better player. Or maybe politics played into it -- wouldn't be the first time. Or, maybe the coaches got it wrong. Regardless, don't think that decision will make me change my belief that state 1 is more likely than state 2, though it does decrease the gap.

In the same way, the fact that BB is interested in Harrison also influences the probability. Now, BB didn't have the choice of Moats or Harrison; thus, the inference from this is limited. But count this as some evidence towards state 1.

Thus, applied basic Bayesian reasoning (not the Bayes theorem) to football decision. Not that hard.

And you got me -- economics undergrad. Went to law school though and became a tax lawyer. New tax law is very interesting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 856
This is becoming one of the dumbest threads in SteelerFury history, all over a guy who will probably be one of the most irrelevant players in the post season. Hard to believe over 100 pages of this BS.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9091
He wont be irrelevant at all, he'll have a key sack or 2. Book it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 856
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many 100 page threads this site has had other than game threads. I've been here since the old site and can't recall many. Swiss or Jeems maybe can remember, but I am thinking this could be a record. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
Jeemie wrote:
steel wrote:
I think that is a pretty sound conclusion. Tomlin has a history of making personnel decisions based on hometown favoritism.


Please document this history.


the dog beater, for one


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
Zeke5123 wrote:
FromPittWithLove wrote:
Basic forecasting methods? You are trying to reduce every multivariable football decisions into Bayesian statistics? I'm assuming you've looked at the structure of Bayes theorem, please explain how you would reduce this particular situation to P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B). I'm really interested in your definition of P(A) and P(B) since priors are generally really difficult to determine without thousands of samples (usually why most empirical studies simulate these parameters to determine the best fit of their data). .

Football is not economics (I'm guessing that's what you work in - most scientists don't use the word forecast but I apologize if I'm off) because the variables can't be reduced the way you are describing. Maybe in terms of FG decision making but even that's not going to be a very flexible model.

The same argument above holds true for just about every modelling avenue I'm aware of - so even if this isn't about Bayes Theorem I struggle to see how we could possibly measure MT with the metric you propose.


You are taking it to literal. I believe I said Bayesian reasoning. The basic idea, which you are obviously familiar with, is that there are two things that can be true -- in the case, the possibilities are (1) James Harrison is currently better than Moats or (2) Moats is better than Harrison.

Our prior is that players that are border line HOFers are better than guys who have always been scrubs. Thus, probabilistically we can say state 1 is more likely than state 2.

The next issue is there any recent evidence that suggests the prior is wrong in this case. The relevant data is that very recently Harrison performed at a starter level, and has seemingly been better than Moats in limited snaps this season (both guys have only played somewhat limited snaps, but Harrison is the only one to make a splash play). The final piece of evidence is the decision by the coaches. I just don't weigh this evidence very highly. Coaches may believe the difference between Harrison and Moats is rather marginal, and the coaches want to develop Moats for next year. Or, maybe the coaches believe Moats is the better player. Or maybe politics played into it -- wouldn't be the first time. Or, maybe the coaches got it wrong. Regardless, don't think that decision will make me change my belief that state 1 is more likely than state 2, though it does decrease the gap.

In the same way, the fact that BB is interested in Harrison also influences the probability. Now, BB didn't have the choice of Moats or Harrison; thus, the inference from this is limited. But count this as some evidence towards state 1.

Thus, applied basic Bayesian reasoning (not the Bayes theorem) to football decision. Not that hard.

And you got me -- economics undergrad. Went to law school though and became a tax lawyer. New tax law is very interesting.


But Zeke, you're leaving out a very key point

Moats played 96 FUCKING SNAPS on special teams this year!!

How the fuck could we EVER replace that type of unbelievable football production??

Harrison might be a HOF outside LBer, but WHAT ABOUT SPECIAL TEAMS!!!

Without Moats, we'd probably give up a TD on every kickoff, because then we'd be FORCED TO PLAY WITH ONLY 10 GUYS -- because surely, there is NO ONE ELSE on the roster who can take over Moats' fucking role on special teams!

Without Moats, our season WOULD BE FUCKING DOOMED!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23261
steel wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
steel wrote:
I think that is a pretty sound conclusion. Tomlin has a history of making personnel decisions based on hometown favoritism.


Please document this history.


the dog beater, for one


Yep- we only picked up Vick because he was a homeboy.

RIIIGHT.

Name a QB that was available at the time that would have been a better choice than Vick, and why you think that alternative would have been better.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4251
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many 100 page threads this site has had other than game threads. I've been here since the old site and can't recall many. Swiss or Jeems maybe can remember, but I am thinking this could be a record. :o


They merged a bunch of threads into this one.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16267
Milledgeville is one that was equally long.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9664
I suppose it has been mentioned that the team broke the franchise sack record this season.

I can see being the argument that Harrison may have strengthened the Pats.

But those complaining about JH riding pine...team broke its sack record without JH doing much.

_________________
TB wrote:
Breaking news: Tom Brady is also better than Ben Roethlisberger. Jerry Rice is better than Antonio Brown. Your mom is a bigger slut than my mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Scunge has laid out all the proof for JH's bench time with the record sacks this year, plus the migration to more of the 4-3 look and the DLine pressures and coverage schemes.

Harrison's needs to be honest about this, but he wont discuss it. Not part of the persecution narrative he's floating. If he was sleeping in meetings, then FFS, he is at fault

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
the same fucked up nepotism that got Harrison released in favor of Moats, and got us Todd Haley, and got us Mike Vick -- when NO ONE ELSE WANTED ANY OF THESE GUYS IN THE NFL -- will continue to prevent us from winning championships

I will GUARANTEE YOU that if Arthur fucking Moats were released tomorrow, NO ONE would sign him.

I GUARANTEE YOU that if Haley was fired today, no other NFL team would hire him.

And we already know that no one wanted Vick when Mikey gave him the charity contract

Steelers management is blinded by the idea of "loyalty" -- while Belichick is totally free of any such notion when it comes to signing/cutting players, or hiring/firing coaches.

who gives a fuck if your Dad worked here 40 years ago?

Who gives a fuck that you are from the same town as the HC?

This management team doesn't have the strength or fortitude to make decisions to win championships. They are gutless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
steel wrote:
the same fucked up nepotism that got Harrison released in favor of Moats, and got us Todd Haley, and got us Mike Vick -- when NO ONE ELSE WANTED ANY OF THESE GUYS IN THE NFL -- will continue to prevent us from winning championships

I will GUARANTEE YOU that if Arthur fucking Moats were released tomorrow, NO ONE would sign him.

I GUARANTEE YOU that if Haley was fired today, no other NFL team would hire him.

And we already know that no one wanted Vick when Mikey gave him the charity contract

Steelers management is blinded by the idea of "loyalty" -- while Belichick is totally free of any such notion when it comes to signing/cutting players, or hiring/firing coaches.

who gives a fuck if your Dad worked here 40 years ago?

Who gives a fuck that you are from the same town as the HC?

This management team doesn't have the strength or fortitude to make decisions to win championships. They are gutless.

You really need to get into some anger mgt classes kid

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
BethlehemSteel wrote:
You really need to get into some anger mgt classes kid


maybe youre right!

I'm still pissed about the Pats loss here -- Can't believe Mikey allowed Haley to put his tail between his legs and didn't go for the win with 2 1/2 minutes left

I fucking hate Haley so much that those classes might do me some good!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
steel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
You really need to get into some anger mgt classes kid


maybe youre right!

I'm still pissed about the Pats loss here -- Can't believe Mikey allowed Haley to put his tail between his legs and didn't go for the win with 2 1/2 minutes left

I fucking hate Haley so much that those classes might do me some good!


I think that very issue is about to be cleaned up very soon. And that loss still burns me due to many reasons

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7595
steel wrote:

Who gives a fuck that you are from the same town as the HC?


This is your own unsubstantiated creation.

steel wrote:

This management team doesn't have the strength or fortitude to make decisions to win championships.

Do you remember 2008? Which management team was that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
Poltargyst wrote:
steel wrote:

Who gives a fuck that you are from the same town as the HC?


This is your own unsubstantiated creation.

steel wrote:

This management team doesn't have the strength or fortitude to make decisions to win championships.

Do you remember 2008? Which management team was that?


MOSTLY COWHER'S -- almost the entire coaching staff, INCLUDING MOST OF HIS PLAYERS

as I recall, i think Deebo was also Team MVP, ironically

How far we have fallen since then....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4673
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
At this point, we've fallen to 13-3, 2nd in the conference, with a team record and NFL lead in sacks, actually.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4369
Ice wrote:
At this point, we've fallen to 13-3, 2nd in the conference, with a team record and NFL lead in sacks, actually.


shove all those stats up Tomlin's ass after we get raped again in Foxboro


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 802
steel wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
steel wrote:

Who gives a fuck that you are from the same town as the HC?


This is your own unsubstantiated creation.

steel wrote:

This management team doesn't have the strength or fortitude to make decisions to win championships.

Do you remember 2008? Which management team was that?


MOSTLY COWHER'S -- almost the entire coaching staff, INCLUDING MOST OF HIS PLAYERS

as I recall, i think Deebo was also Team MVP, ironically

How far we have fallen since then....


Fallen into...

- One more Super Bowl appearance
- Six playoff appearances
- Four division titles

And they just finished a 13-3 season and scored a first round bye.

Truly, they have fallen to the dredges of the NFL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:48 pm
Posts: 691
steel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
You really need to get into some anger mgt classes kid


maybe youre right!

I'm still pissed about the Pats loss here -- Can't believe Mikey allowed Haley to put his tail between his legs and didn't go for the win with 2 1/2 minutes left

I fucking hate Haley so much that those classes might do me some good!


of course, we're assuming the Pats would not have forced a turnover, Ben thrown an INT, etc. We would also be hailing Haley as a hero if that last pass were caught in all that coverage??? We would have been boasting about the risk-reward BS stuff.

IT"S OVER, they won, we know we can hang with them. Let the rematch, hopefully, start in two weeks and end in three weeks with them walking to their locker room defeated. I've said it before, unlikely we beat the Pats twice. Perhaps the fuel we need to get over the hump was a bitter loss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:54 pm
Posts: 2219
Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:45 am
Posts: 690
McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11315
Steelergenie wrote:
McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?


Stupidity.

Pure, unadulterated stupidity.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
Been checked to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 747
KC wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?


Stupidity.

Pure, unadulterated stupidity.


Don't forget pride and arrogance. Conflict between Harrison and Porter seems to have been the cause of much of the discord. Harrison seems to have been acting out during LB meetings. My guess is that, in cutting Harrison, they thought they were going to teach Harrison a lesson in humility by cutting him and leaving him unclaimed for a weekend. They could then re-sign him later in the week once they demonstrated his perceived lack of value. McCullers would have then been cut to make room for Harrison, IMO. The coaching staff / FO didn't think anyone would take Harrison in the interim. Whoops.

This should be folded into the omnibus Harrison thread, as keeping McCullers over Harrison has been thrashed out in it several times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
this thread was stupid to be started in the first place. All Harrison banter has it's place

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1657
W&M_Steeler wrote:
KC wrote:
Steelergenie wrote:
McCullers has probably played his last snap for the Steelers. He had 2 snaps against the Stains. So why wasn’t he cut instead of Deebo?


Stupidity.

Pure, unadulterated stupidity.


Don't forget pride and arrogance. Conflict between Harrison and Porter seems to have been the cause of much of the discord. Harrison seems to have been acting out during LB meetings. My guess is that, in cutting Harrison, they thought they were going to teach Harrison a lesson in humility by cutting him and leaving him unclaimed for a weekend. They could then re-sign him later in the week once they demonstrated his perceived lack of value. McCullers would have then been cut to make room for Harrison, IMO. The coaching staff / FO didn't think anyone would take Harrison in the interim. Whoops.

This should be folded into the omnibus Harrison thread, as keeping McCullers over Harrison has been thrashed out in it several times.


If that were the case, then it would take the stupidity to the next level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2406
Not this shit again!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am
Posts: 1256
Zeke5123 wrote:
Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?


He proved, without a shadow of a doubt, last game that he is not washed up. He earned that right by being, statistically the greats OLB the Steelers have ever had, in a very august group. The spinners and deflectors here can conjure up as many excuses and reasons why he did not anything noteworthy last week, however the film and statistics prove other wise. Incidentally he made those plays after being essentially "shelved" for many many weeks. Imagine if he had regular work??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Stinger8 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?


He proved, without a shadow of a doubt, last game that he is not washed up. He earned that right by being, statistically the greats OLB the Steelers have ever had, in a very august group. The spinners and deflectors here can conjure up as many excuses and reasons why he did not anything noteworthy last week, however the film and statistics prove other wise. Incidentally he made those plays after being essentially "shelved" for many many weeks. Imagine if he had regular work??


You're not being honest with the highlights and the down and distances and the game situations. It must be more imagination than fact!!

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9091
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
Let’s try this one on for size. Didn’t Harrison earn the right to prove he is washed up on the field? Shouldn’t he have gotten four games before turning to the juggernaut that is Moats?


He proved, without a shadow of a doubt, last game that he is not washed up. He earned that right by being, statistically the greats OLB the Steelers have ever had, in a very august group. The spinners and deflectors here can conjure up as many excuses and reasons why he did not anything noteworthy last week, however the film and statistics prove other wise. Incidentally he made those plays after being essentially "shelved" for many many weeks. Imagine if he had regular work??


You're not being honest with the highlights and the down and distances and the game situations. It must be more imagination than fact!!




You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Stinger8 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Stinger8 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYlOqW1rpf8



Espn propaganda? Please child keep that shit outta here


Hey Beth you know this more than anyone on this site. This is the FIRST and last time I will ever respond to you because you offer so little value to this site. Your comments are inane, they add almost no value to whatever debate is happening, and you frankly embarrass yourself on a daily basis.

In this scene replace Mr Madison with Bethlehem Steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

Goodbye Mr Bethlehem Steel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I missed this totally. I embarrass myself? I added plenty to this debate, you failed to even acknowledge this. Many other posters mirrored this analysis because of the situation, the team, the time of the game, etc. I will say, i haven't burned my 4 Harrison jerseys!! :P


Quote:


First clip, #52 makes 95% of the play, harrison was on the ground assisting arm tackle. Score Ne 7, Jets 0 2:18 left in 1st

Second Clip, Early 3rd Quarter NE 21, Jets 3 Petty makes a dump into the flats where the middle secondary is blanketed. Harrison reads the weak Petty play and already has a jump to make the tackle in coverage. Jets were already done at this point. Gain of 1 on the play.

3rd Play, late 3rd NE 24, Jets 3. NE CB makes the read on the screen pass and the tackle, Harrison runs in to a mop up wrestling move assist.

4th Play LAte 4th, NE 26 Jets 6 (1:15 left) game over, Beachum presents the turnstile for Harrison to run around and force the fumble

5th Play 40 seconds left, game over, coverage sack with no Jet effort after all pass options are closed to Petty. Mop up #1 Not double teamed as Romo stated, just Beachum trying to get the hell out of there.

Mop up #2 is not in the highlights as it wasn't going to give a good narrative per the usual CBS propaganda (second sack)

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?


Can't use that to gauge good, average or great. Not enough to measure. He played the FUCKING DEFEATED JETS Greek.
No one wants to dissect my post on the highlights, but it's been mirrored pretty much by the better football minds here.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9091
BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?


Can't use that to gauge good, average or great. Not enough to measure. He played the FUCKING DEFEATED JETS Greek.
No one wants to dissect my post on the highlights, but it's been mirrored pretty much by the better football minds here.





I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 747
the-other-burg wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Don't forget pride and arrogance. Conflict between Harrison and Porter seems to have been the cause of much of the discord. Harrison seems to have been acting out during LB meetings. My guess is that, in cutting Harrison, they thought they were going to teach Harrison a lesson in humility by cutting him and leaving him unclaimed for a weekend. They could then re-sign him later in the week once they demonstrated his perceived lack of value. McCullers would have then been cut to make room for Harrison, IMO. The coaching staff / FO didn't think anyone would take Harrison in the interim. Whoops.

This should be folded into the omnibus Harrison thread, as keeping McCullers over Harrison has been thrashed out in it several times.


If that were the case, then it would take the stupidity to the next level.


I'm not saying it is the case, but I think it's a plausible scenario. Their post-furor explanation for keeping McCullers didn't make any sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1720
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Quote:



This is the first I've seen the sacks.

That was some pretty horrible line play on both.

Mill would have chalked both of those up as "Dong" sacks, easily.

First one, the tackle took one of the worst angles I think I've ever seen a tackle take on an edge rusher. It was almost like he expected the QB to only take a 2-step drop.

On the second, yes he was "double teamed", but the guard did literally nothing. Tackle did his job and kept Harrison out of the pocket, but the QB started to scramble up the middle, allowing Harrison to disengage from the tackle and go upfield.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
GreekSteel wrote:


I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?


I think he can still play, but it has to be in certain situations. I think the Pats want to use him on all 3rd downs. Their ILB's are totally decimated.
Teams will exploit him being on the field from this point forward.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 747
BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

You don't think he had a good game for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season?


Can't use that to gauge good, average or great. Not enough to measure. He played the FUCKING DEFEATED JETS Greek.
No one wants to dissect my post on the highlights, but it's been mirrored pretty much by the better football minds here.


That explains all the sacks Dupree, Moats, and McCullers had against the pathetic 0-16 Browns.

The Jets may have been defeated and not a very good team, but they're still NFL players. Yet Harrison still had 2 sacks. Minimize and dissect all you want, but that's a fact. Maybe we can discount the sacks somewhat because he was playing against Kelvin Beachum, a player he knows well. But if that is the case, then it doesn't exactly make me feel great about a potential Harrison-Villanueva match-up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23261
Because 10 threads weren't enough for the complainers...

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9091
BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:


I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?


I think he can still play, but it has to be in certain situations. I think the Pats want to use him on all 3rd downs. Their ILB's are totally decimated.
Teams will exploit him being on the field from this point forward.




Exactly how I feel, and no reason he couldn't have had that role with us. Oh well, whats done is done now, but I'm in no way feeling like "Fuck Harrison", i think the Steelers first and then Harrison fucked the pooch on this one. Deebo is and always will be Steelers Legend and belongs on any figurative Steelers Defensive Mt. Rushmore.


Last edited by GreekSteel on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:31 pm
Posts: 1089
GreekSteel wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:


I'm not gonna gauge anything after 1 game, but lowly jets or not, divisional game, and for a guy collecting dust and cobwebs all season id say pats fan can feel at least a little optimistic about Harrsions future contributions, wouldn't you say?


I think he can still play, but it has to be in certain situations. I think the Pats want to use him on all 3rd downs. Their ILB's are totally decimated.
Teams will exploit him being on the field from this point forward.




Exactly how I feel, and no reason he couldn't have had that role with us. Oh well, whats done is done now, but I'm in now way feeling like "Fuck Harrison", i think the Steelers first and then Harrison fucked the pooch on this one. Deebo is and always will be Steelers Legend and belongs on any figurative Steelers Defensive Mt. Rushmore.


Yep, my thoughts as well!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4673
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
fortythree wrote:
Not this shit again!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm
Posts: 747
GreekSteel wrote:
Exactly how I feel, and no reason he couldn't have had that role with us. Oh well, whats done is done now, but I'm in no way feeling like "Fuck Harrison", i think the Steelers first and then Harrison fucked the pooch on this one. Deebo is and always will be Steelers Legend and belongs on any figurative Steelers Defensive Mt. Rushmore.


My feelings exactly. Just a bad situation all around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 3028
11 threads had to be merged together on Harrison being cut because people felt their complaints deserved their own thread. Is this number 11?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
James should all be dead to everyone here from this point forward. Respect him for the past but the present is clear and present :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfoUtDgUCW ... harrison92

Quote:
jhharrison92Got to get the family ready for the playoffs! #blessedandhighlyfavored
Load more comments

petesburgh4I’m a Huge Steeler fan and a fan of @jhharrison92. All that you have done for the organization and the fans, I enjoyed watching you do work and contributing heavily to Super Bowl victories. Glad you found your playing time, but as always Here We Go Steelers!

pedrospooches3Nice. I needed more wee wee pads for the dogs.


Barf

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4060
SP wrote:
11 threads had to be merged together on Harrison being cut because people felt their complaints deserved their own thread. Is this number 11?


I'll get around to making #12 later. I mean, was Arthur Moats better than Harrison? I think that deserves its own thread also.

_________________
"Antonio Brown doesn't need to respond to anything," Tomlin said. "He walks into stadiums and he's Antonio Brown and he made Antonio Brown plays."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4673
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
BethlehemSteel wrote:
James should all be dead to everyone here from this point forward. Respect him for the past but the present is clear and present :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfoUtDgUCW ... harrison92

Quote:
jhharrison92Got to get the family ready for the playoffs! #blessedandhighlyfavored
Load more comments

petesburgh4I’m a Huge Steeler fan and a fan of @jhharrison92. All that you have done for the organization and the fans, I enjoyed watching you do work and contributing heavily to Super Bowl victories. Glad you found your playing time, but as always Here We Go Steelers!

pedrospooches3Nice. I needed more wee wee pads for the dogs.


Barf


Wow. Unfollowed dude the second after the Tom Brady post a couple weeks back. Not clicking on any more of those.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9091
Ice wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
James should all be dead to everyone here from this point forward. Respect him for the past but the present is clear and present :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdfoUtDgUCW ... harrison92

Quote:
jhharrison92Got to get the family ready for the playoffs! #blessedandhighlyfavored
Load more comments

petesburgh4I’m a Huge Steeler fan and a fan of @jhharrison92. All that you have done for the organization and the fans, I enjoyed watching you do work and contributing heavily to Super Bowl victories. Glad you found your playing time, but as always Here We Go Steelers!

pedrospooches3Nice. I needed more wee wee pads for the dogs.


Barf


Wow. Unfollowed dude the second after the Tom Brady post a couple weeks back. Not clicking on any more of those.




ya I don't like seeing that either


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bye Bye Shade Tree
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1678
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison mega merged bed wetting thread.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:22 pm
Posts: 2406
Anyone up in Boston hear about James asking the pool reporter to put lotion on his back after the Jets game?

One of the radio shows is talking about it and they're not sure if he was being an asshole or if this is normal for him but they're apparently making a deal out of it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blu, fractalsteel, Google [Bot], jebrick, jewelsongs, Smashmouth21, Steel Drummer, SteelKnife, Tundralag and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group