It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Morning Football
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:37 am 

I watch this show, in part, every morning, from my...elliptical (is that related to ellipses, Forty-Three).

*The Princeton guy is sort of a dick.
*The other guy is sort of a geek.
*Kay Adams is sort of hot, sort of knows her football, but let's remember, previous to this gig, she was the Fuckwad Tom E. Curran's sidekick on his show in Boston.
*And then there's Nate Burleson....who brings cred.

They discussed the AFC yesterday. First three picked the Patriots; Burleson....picked the Steelers!!!

Post subject: Re: Good Morning Football
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:52 am 

Both the geek fantasy football type guys are theorists. Never played the game at any level I'm willing to say. Both are douchebags and make the show cheesy. The chick is a bit of a bitch with an attitude; a self entitled pretentious douche attitude. Nate is the only one I like. He brings the NFL perspective and usually is the even keel one of the bunch. Nate also does Sunday morning broadcasts on CBS I believe. Some of the GMF on air stuff is lame as fuck but they do bring news/info to those interested. I watch as I get ready for work. If the two douchecanoe dudes and the chick were replaced I wouldn't mind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Both the geek fantasy football type guys are theorists. Never played the game at any level I'm willing to say. Both are douchebags and make the show cheesy. The chick is a bit of a bitch with an attitude; a self entitled pretentious douche attitude. Nate is the only one I like. He brings the NFL perspective and usually is the even keel one of the bunch. Nate also does Sunday morning broadcasts on CBS I believe. Some of the GMF on air stuff is lame as fuck but they do bring news/info to those interested. I watch as I get ready for work. If the two douchecanoe dudes and the chick were replaced I wouldn't mind.

The guy that's a dick DID play at Princeton, which is higher level than Wesleyan, where Bill Belichick played, so that doesn't bother me so much. It's his general presentation, the geek being a fuckin' geek, and telling you, Kay Adams had more of an attitude when she was on with Tom Curran. Their schtick was that he was a dick, and was her job to abruptly put him in his place. She seems to have a better grasp of NFL football than the dick or the geek. Agreed about Burleson. I typically watch the first 15 min, then workout is done, tv is off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:26 am 

I think the chick is a marketing ploy to get and retain viewers. While she's no knock out she is attractive in a girl next door type of way. When she's the only chick around 3 other dudes it amplifies her feminine features. When she opens her mouth is when it's ruined for me. Nate brings the NFL player swagg which makes the show watchable to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I think the chick is a marketing ploy to get and retain viewers. While she's no knock out she is attractive in a girl next door type of way. When she's the only chick around 3 other dudes it amplifies her feminine features. When she opens her mouth is when it's ruined for me.

Agree on her physical description, '77...but I think she makes more sense than the two dweebs on set with her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 am 

Don’t watch these shows much anymore

Burleson is cool

Adams is a FF prognosticator

Last edited by BethlehemSteel on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:34 am 

I guess I'm in the minority. I like Kyle Brandt. He used to be the producer of Jim Rome's radio show and came up with some good stuff and was pretty good when he filled in for Rome too.

The geek, Schrager and the dick, Brandt we’re both random Twitter guys who did mock draft and fantasy football stuff. They are badly out of place on tv. I will add Schrager needs a low carb diet and some weight training. He looks like 50 pounds of shit stuffed into a 20 pound suit. The token chick is somewhat tolerable. I think the budget for the show only allowed them to hire nobodies.

swissvale72 wrote:
I watch this show, in part, every morning, from my...elliptical (is that related to ellipses, Forty-Three).

*The Princeton guy is sort of a dick.
*The other guy is sort of a geek.
*Kay Adams is sort of hot, sort of knows her football, but let's remember, previous to this gig, she was the Fuckwad Tom E. Curran's sidekick on his show in Boston.
*And then there's Nate Burleson....who brings cred.

They discussed the AFC yesterday. First three picked the Patriots; Burleson....picked the Steelers!!!

Pretty much nailed this in my opinion. I like Nate Burleson. Peter and the other guy are both dicks. Kay is so damn hot when she wears her glasses.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:21 am 

So if Burleson had picked the Pats, would he still have “cred”? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm 

Regarding the potential Steelers/Pats rematch, I believe Burleson took his Q's from Cowher, whom he sits next to on CBS NFL Sundays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Regarding the potential Steelers/Pats rematch, I believe Burleson took his Q's from Cowher, whom he sits next to on CBS NFL Sundays.

What did he say DP?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:05 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
DP39 wrote:

What did he say DP?

Last Sunday, Cowher was saying he thought the Steelers would win in a rematch. I'm sure Nate picked his brain on that rematch during breaks on Sunday...sitting next to him and watching the games unfold all day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 pm 

Quote:
Kay is so damn hot when she wears her glasses.

This^

However, last I read she was dating Danny amendola so that knocks her down a peg or two

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:32 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:
Kay is so damn hot when she wears her glasses.

This^

However, last I read she was dating Danny amendola so that knocks her down a peg or two

Drama...my favorite is still Cynthia Frelund. The hot "analytical temptress" as you've called her in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:46 pm 

Charles, you sir have excellent taste. Cynthia’s beauty and intelligence bedazzle me. That woman is a star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Charles, you sir have excellent taste. Cynthia’s beauty and intelligence bedazzle me. That woman is a star

I prefer First Take's Molly Qerim: https://www.instagram.com/mollyqerim/?hl=en

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:13 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

The guy that's a dick DID play at Princeton, which is higher level than Wesleyan, where Bill Belichick played, so that doesn't bother me so much. It's his general presentation, the geek being a fuckin' geek, and telling you, Kay Adams had more of an attitude when she was on with Tom Curran. Their schtick was that he was a dick, and was her job to abruptly put him in his place. She seems to have a better grasp of NFL football than the dick or the geek. Agreed about Burleson. I typically watch the first 15 min, then workout is done, tv is off.

For those that only played high school football, Div 1-AA would blow your mind with the speed and level of play if you just stepped into a game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:50 pm 

R S wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

For those that only played high school football, Div 1-AA would blow your mind with the speed and level of play if you just stepped into a game.

This goes back years, but my teammates and I often talked about the difference between high school and Div-III...speed of the game, and the fact that no one sucked.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:51 pm 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
SteelDrama wrote:

I prefer First Take's Molly Qerim: https://www.instagram.com/mollyqerim/?hl=en

Fine choice as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm 

R S wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

I was on the field against the Garrett brothers from Princeton. It really is amazing how good the athletes are. We had a guy make the practice squad of an NFL team for a few years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:09 pm 

Balto,

It's true. People who just watch football and never played past HS just assume anything below Clemson and Alabama and the guys are mediocre athletes. So far from the truth. The guys at Clemson and Alabama are complete freaks of nature, the guys at Towson and Youngstown St are still about 5 times the athlete as your average high school "all-star".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:33 pm 

The show is boring but it is less boring than most morning shows.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:17 pm 

Yinz are a tough crowd. I mean, com"on, its a morning football talk show. I agree the two non NFL dudes aren't "griping" media. BUT compared to what the NFL network has now and the fall of ESPN, Nate Burleson is fantastic. He may be the best NFL football analyst on TV. And as far as Kate goes, she is fucking gorgeous and may be the second best female analyst on the NFL network. She does a hell of a job and I didn't know the pre-NFL Boston radio gig. So, I didn't have that to sway my opinion. I just figured her slight attitude was from trying to maintain being taken seriously talking football amongst 3 dudes.

Molly Qerim is WAY TOO much for my taste. Looks too made up and fake. Cynthia Freland is up and coming fast in my opinion. She"s a sweetheart in my book. I figure Taylor Bisciotti will be the next up and coming female host.

What pisses me off most about the NFL network is their Sunday Night highlight shows. THhy are completely worthless and that's why I think I find Good morning football pretty tolerable. Nate Burleson should be doing NFL Primetime.

I get home and get some TV time later in the evening on Sunday nights. I want to see replays & listen to rundowns of all the weeks games. What I get is Battle Bots Chris Rose and Dion Sanders talking his new 1/8 inch of million dollar Bosley hair growth.

They show like 3 non descriptive plays from the games and tell you the score. Then its talking old neighborhood jibber jabber for 10 minutes. The show is so bad they even cut to DJ Jazzy Jeff or whatever the hell his name is, and give him airtime. Actual game highlights and informed analysis is totally non-existent. I tuned in one Sunday and waited at least an hour and and half to see like 3 plays and a few seconds of talk Steeler related. What ever happened to Best hits of the game and real broadcaster/hosts/analysts breaking down the games. Guys like Irvin, Ike and Faulk were truly terrible and unwatchable and you can't even turn the sound down cause the highlights don't exist. All this left is watching Dion talk to "his boys" on the phone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:58 pm 

I liked erin coscerelli on last year on nfl net mornings. she sexy as fuck..
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280& ... mk2uTkDplE

Last edited by bam morris on Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.