It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Tomlin end of season presser
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:09 pm 

What an embarrassment. A half hour of bullshit sound bites is nothing new, but his responses to direct questions were just awful.

The questions started out centered around all of the talk by him and his team. The Dungy interview. Mitchell and Bells quotes. The guarantees of victory and the obsession with the Patriots. Tomlin shrugged it all off as media creations. Never took ownership of his words or the fact that he doesn’t coach his players not to make statement of disrespect to opponents. All the Jags could talk about after that game was how the Steelers words and actions served as a rallying point of motivation for them. Tomlin blows it off. He gets directly asked about Mitchell stalking the Jags locker room before the game tainting them. Tomlin said it was no big deal. Bullshit like that reflects poorly on the organization, the owners, the fans, the team, the brand, and the head coach. Mike thinks it’s no big deal.

The second round of questions centered around the horrid 4th and short play calls. You have a QB who is 18 for 19in his career on sneaks, best in the NFL by a mile since 2004 and you haven’t run a single sneak in 3 full season? He said they are not opposed to it. Ben said he wants to run the ball. Tomlin lets it slip that there is fear of people diving into Pounceys legs and of Ben getting hurt. Lose playoff games over fear of injury on a sneak. Fear of Injury never led him to teach Ryan Clark or Mike Mitchell or Ryan Shazier how to tackle without launching their head and neck into somebody.

He was also asked to evaluate the offense and the defense and coaching. His answers lead me to believe that there will indeed be changes as he was non-committal to any of the coaches. He also hinted at a retirement by Richard Mann and was asked about Hines Ward possibly being his replacement which Tomlin had no response.

Lastly this was the first time I ever heard shakiness and Mike Tomlin‘s voice. The usual confidence he speaks with was gone and he sounded like a man under much pressure. With the pro football talk report that some owners want him fired you have to wonder if where there is smoke there is fire. 10 years with a Hall of Fame QB and no rings is a big big problem .

Post subject: Re: Tomlin end of season presser
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:18 pm 

Thanks Perch for the recap. Interesting about his voice being notably shaky. This was a bad bad bad loss and above all else was an exemplar of everything wrong with this team, pretty much all season. Record be damned, sloppiness, unprepared, DISTRACTIONS, failure to make good decisions when the bullets are flying, lack of adjustments, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 pm 

Thanks for the recap..did you mean iwner or owners when mentioning Tomlins job security? Nice to hear its not just haley on the hotseat, id fire butler and the master bullshitter as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:30 pm 

It boggles my mind that Tomlin and Mitchell are so tight, that even at this juncture Tomlin can’t admit that letting Mitchell run around pre game talking shit is problematic.

For years now, I’ve been arguing with people on this message board about what Tomlin actually does as a head coach. I’ll ask, “what does he actually do?” We go back and forth, so on and so on. By all accounts the players love playing for Tomlin, but to me it’s clear as day the reason they like it is because he lets them do whatever the fuck they want.

Can we all agree his best “asset” is what is actually hurting this team? We don’t need him to be a buddy to these guys, commenting about how they are going to go beat “those assholes” in New England. We need a coach to reel these guys in and start handling their shit like professionals.

We are stuck in Tomlin pergatory.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:33 pm 

SP wrote:
Lastly this was the first time I ever heard shakiness and Mike Tomlin‘s voice. The usual confidence he speaks with was gone and he sounded like a man under much pressure.

I didn't hear, but could that just be tremendous disappointment at a blown opportunity? It probably stings doubly that they didn't even make it to the AFCC for a rematch with NE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:37 pm 

Quote:
Tomlin lets it slip that there is fear of people diving into Pounceys legs and of Ben getting hurt. Lose playoff games over fear of injury on a sneak.

So where are the posters who claim others are bedwetters now?

This is the kind of shit that makes your bladder weak at night

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:38 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
It boggles my mind that Tomlin and Mitchell are so tight, that even at this juncture Tomlin can’t admit that letting Mitchell run around pre game talking shit is problematic.

For years now, I’ve been arguing with people on this message board about what Tomlin actually does as a head coach. I’ll ask, “what does he actually do?” We go back and forth, so on and so on. By all accounts the players love playing for Tomlin, but to me it’s clear as day the reason they like it is because he lets them do whatever the fuck they want.

Can we all agree his best “asset” is what is actually hurting this team? We don’t need him to be a buddy to these guys, commenting about how they are going to go beat “those assholes” in New England. We need a coach to reel these guys in and start handling their shit like professionals.

We are stuck in Tomlin pergatory.

Tomlin allows them to do whatevwr rhe fuck they want, and im sure porter is right in their ear encouraging it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:38 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:

This bothers me almost more than anything. I guess the only thing to really say is wait and see if Mitchell isn't back next year (and given his cap number and play, this already should have been the case).

They gave JAX a lot of bulletin board material, and they CLEARLY took motivation from it. When you disrespect people like that, they might just end-up wanting it more and come out and bully you like they did.

Yeah, there are so many things wrong with Mike Mitchell taunting them outside their locker room...but not much worse than the fact it's just a real POS thing to do as a professional athlete. This from a guy who hasn't made a play in at least a couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:49 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Thanks for the recap..did you mean iwner or owners when mentioning Tomlins job security? Nice to hear its not just haley on the hotseat, id fire butler and the master bullshitter as well.

Perch is talking about this story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-change/

If true...wow!

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:51 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Perch is talking about this story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-change/

If true...wow!

Interesting...thats got to be some other john stallworth thats mentioned in the article right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next