It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Le'Veon gonna Le'Veon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:37 am 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... of-season/

Post subject: Re: Le'Veon gonna Le'Veon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:45 am 

Quote:
He also reportedly showed up later than the deadline set by coach Mike Tomlin for game days, as the coach wants players and staff there two hours before kickoff and he ignored that instruction.

Players coach.
They love playing for Tomlin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 am 

If they jettison his ass, I won't be mad. Next man up, Conner. Make this team Ben's and stop the fucking Yinzer rock-pounding orgasm running game identity shit. If Bell pulled all the shit he does with Belichick, well, let's just say he wouldn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:49 am 

He's a great RB but when is enough enough. Connor, to me, isn't the answer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am 

This seems like a game of pile on at this point.

I doubt Bell is the first superstar to get special treatment, but not being at the last walk-through...like....what else were you doing at the time? This is your (well-compensated) job.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:29 am 

This right here is why the Steelers don’t win championships.

Because in many cases they aren’t a team, but simply a collection of highly talented individuals.

This is the flip side of Mike Tomlin’s desire to treat them all like mature men.

The problem is...they AREN’T all mature men...and this is where it backfires.

Nick’s constant declaration to the contrary, in team sports, character counts, and it counts for a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:35 am 

Obviously wrote:
If they jettison his ass, I won't be mad. Next man up, Conner. Make this team Ben's and stop the fucking Yinzer rock-pounding orgasm running game identity shit. If Bell pulled all the shit he does with Belichick, well, let's just say he wouldn't.

Didn't I coin that phrase? :lol: :lol: :lol:

But in this case, I honestly wouldn't mind overpaying Bell, just to have him for Ben's last year or two.

I honestly don't care what the salary cap situation is the year after Ben retires.

"Next Man Up" and "That standard is the standard" is nonsense only a retard can believe, they WILL SUCK after Ben leaves, so why not 3-13 instead of 7-9 and max out loudmouth arrogant physical talent until then and play for the ring.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:40 am 

Bouchette has an article up today stating that Bell isnt the only player showing up late for practice and games..other players and COACHES as well

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:43 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:
He also reportedly showed up later than the deadline set by coach Mike Tomlin for game days, as the coach wants players and staff there two hours before kickoff and he ignored that instruction.

Players coach.

This to me spells out in bright neon letters that Tomlin is definitely part of the problem. What would Tom Coughlin do? He surely wouldn't let these overpaid, immature mother fuckers do the stuff Tomlin lets them do. Your spot on Stosh, players coach. Players coach = someone who can't/won't hold people accountable. I can understand a little more how the James Harrison debacle got to where it did. This is a mess. This will prevent us from getting over the top. I'm no longer a Tomlin supporter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
Bouchette has an article up today stating that Bell isnt the only player showing up late for practice and games..other players and COACHES as well

This is alarming.
What else do we not know about.
Please let them still be pondering the HC spot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:48 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:

Players coach.

This to me spells out in bright neon letters that Tomlin is definitely part of the problem. What would Tom Coughlin do? He surely wouldn't let these overpaid, immature mother fuckers do the stuff Tomlin lets them do. Your spot on Stosh, players coach. Players coach = someone who can't/won't hold people accountable. I can understand a little more how the James Harrison debacle got to where it did. This is a mess. This will prevent us from getting over the top. I'm no longer a Tomlin supporter.

I know what Coughlin is doing right now.
Helping his HC put a game plan together to beat the Pats ............again.
And I'm sure the players are paying attention, at meetings, practices, walk thru, etc..........

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

This is alarming.

Then it won't change because Tomlin has the job until he quits, there's the Rooney Rule and also THE REAL ROONEY RULE=you can't fire a coach ever no mater what. Steelers HC is like a Supreme Court Appointment, FOR LIFE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am 

This is a Mike Tomlin issue not a player issue. If you are left undisciplined you will be undisciplined in a lot of cases - Tomlin is running a loose team - he is the problem and now it’s Art2 -

Where Fucking Art2 Thou?????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am 

GreekSteel wrote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1801180124

I love how Bouchette calmly suggests firing Tomlin is ludicrous while pointing out the following:

Quote:
Nevertheless, there is another elephant in the room that Rooney, Tomlin and Colbert must address. Are the Steelers’ disciplined enough?

Tomlin never lost the locker room, he had it under control and his players respect him. However, there were many instances in which he could have taken better control, including the fiasco for the national anthem in Chicago.

As another example, Tomlin wants players and coaches to report to the locker room two hours before kickoff for games. That was continually ignored by both players and a coach or two.

Not only did Bell arrive much later than that for the playoff game against Jacksonville (as well as one coach), he missed practically the entire Saturday walk-through the day before, showing up about five minutes before practice ended.

Tomlin’s reaction to Mitchell supposedly yelling at the Jaguars outside their locker room before the playoff game?

“That’s part of what I was talking about in today’s climate,” he replied. “That’s really kind of irrelevant to me.”

The bold underlined is why these continual issues will never be corrected by Mike Tomlin unless someone kicks HIM in the ass.

And Ed makes me laugh. He says this is an elephant in the room that Tomlin and Rooney must address, while adding a quote from Tomlin where Tomlin thinks there’s nothing TO address!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:58 am 

....-67"]
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Quote:

Players coach.

I know what Coughlin is doing right now.
Helping his HC put a game plan together to beat the Pats ............again.
And I'm sure the players are paying attention, at meetings, practices, walk thru, etc..........[/quote]

My point exactly.

It's definitely time for Tomlin to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:06 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:

Holy fuck!! Like how does that happen on a consistent basis?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:07 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 1801180124

I love how Bouchette calmly suggests firing Tomlin is ludicrous while pointing out the following:

Quote:
Nevertheless, there is another elephant in the room that Rooney, Tomlin and Colbert must address. Are the Steelers’ disciplined enough?

Tomlin never lost the locker room, he had it under control and his players respect him. However, there were many instances in which he could have taken better control, including the fiasco for the national anthem in Chicago.

As another example, Tomlin wants players and coaches to report to the locker room two hours before kickoff for games. That was continually ignored by both players and a coach or two.

Not only did Bell arrive much later than that for the playoff game against Jacksonville (as well as one coach), he missed practically the entire Saturday walk-through the day before, showing up about five minutes before practice ended.

Tomlin’s reaction to Mitchell supposedly yelling at the Jaguars outside their locker room before the playoff game?

“That’s part of what I was talking about in today’s climate,” he replied. “That’s really kind of irrelevant to me.”

The bold underlined is why these continual issues will never be corrected by Mike Tomlin unless someone kicks HIM in the ass.

And Ed makes me laugh. He says this is an elephant in the room that Tomlin and Rooney must address, while adding a quote from Tomlin where Tomlin thinks there’s nothing TO address!

To your bolded comment Jeems, Exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 pm 

It’s the circle of coaching:

A player’s coach ends up getting walked on and a red-assed taskmaster wears out his players. Then whichever type of coach a team has, they look for the opposite the next time they’re hiring one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:10 pm 

Stosh-67 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

This is alarming.

Gawd almighty, Tomlin.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:11 pm 

Hmmmmm, wonder why some of the other investors/owners have expressed concern over Tomlin's management of the team. Bet they know even more than is in these reports now surfacing...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:12 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
It’s the circle of coaching:

A player’s coach ends up getting walked on and a red-assed taskmaster wears out his players. Then whichever type of coach a team has, they look for the opposite the next time they’re hiring one.

Seems to me you want to hire a coach that has the appropriate blend of both approaches, like a fine medium roast coffee. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:21 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

There was a commenter on Bouchette’s article who offered up an interesting theory.

Bouchette is an inside man...sometimes the Rooney’s “use him” for their purposes.

This poster points out that only Bell was called out by name...the “coach” was left unnamed.

So it may be Art II is attempting to “turn” the fans against Le’veon Bell who despite his issues is still popular in Pittsburgh.

That theory is not without merit. The Rooney’s have done that before...I am 99% certain they leaked Bell’s contract offer last summer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

There was a commenter on Bouchette’s article who offered up an interesting theory.

Bouchette is an inside man...sometimes the Rooney’s “use him” for their purposes.

This poster points out that only Bell was called out by name...the “coach” was left unnamed.

So it may be Art II is attempting to “turn” the fans against Le’veon Bell who despite his issues is still popular in Pittsburgh.

That theory is not without merit. The Rooney’s have done that before...I am 99% certain they leaked Bell’s contract offer last summer.

id agree with that theory also..they tried doing that to ben as well when trading him for bradford was being discussed during allegedville

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

This is 100% what this is.

You can get the FO's opinion on things by reading what Bouchette writes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:34 pm 

so if they weere gonna move on from Bell, question is do they trade him? comp pick? what would we get in a trade?