It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Why do so many local reporters cover for Tomin's ass?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 pm 

redmanrumbles wrote:
1.) He hadn't lost his access yet.

2.) He still worked for a paper and not on his own.

Makes sense I suppose. My gut instinct was that his mancrush on Tomlin was 100% sincere though.

Oh it could be. I don't know for sure. I haven't talked to Wex since he tried to recruit me away from Clear Channel to write for his site and then balked when I asked to be paid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:15 pm 

fortythree wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:
1.) He hadn't lost his access yet.

2.) He still worked for a paper and not on his own.

Makes sense I suppose. My gut instinct was that his mancrush on Tomlin was 100% sincere though.

Oh it could be. I don't know for sure. I haven't talked to Wex since he tried to recruit me away from Clear Channel to write for his site and then balked when I asked to be paid.

LOL. I haven't been around in awhile.... so you're a reporter. Have/were you around Mike Tomlin a lot. Forgetting incentive to cover a certain way or made men, is my instinct correct that he is generally well liked by the local reporters. It's not a dig or trick question. If I really got along well with somebody I would probably want to give them benefit of the doubt. It's only human nature for most of us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:46 pm 

redmanrumbles wrote:

LOL. I haven't been around in awhile.... so you're a reporter. Have/were you around Mike Tomlin a lot. Forgetting incentive to cover a certain way or made men, is my instinct correct that he is generally well liked by the local reporters. It's not a dig or trick question. If I really got along well with somebody I would probably want to give them benefit of the doubt. It's only human nature for most of us.

Not a reporter anymore. I work in healthcare now.

My experiences with Tomlin came from 2009-2012.

I would consider him well liked, yes. You can tell when a coach isn't liked by those who cover him because they will magnify every little mistake made.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58 pm 

fortythree wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:

I would consider him well liked, yes. You can tell when a coach isn't liked by those who cover him because they will magnify every little mistake made.

Thanks man, appreciate it. I would say it goes the other way as well. You can tell when a coach IS well liked when every meaningful mistake is rationalized or excused. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:17 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I dunno, maybe they see him work every day and think he’s a pretty good football coach?

Oh, are they able to ascertain what a great X’s and O’s guy he is by watching practice?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:18 pm 

fortythree wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:

Like modern day politics....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I dunno, maybe they see him work every day and think he’s a pretty good football coach?

He sure is.

Came here as a defensive guru.

How'd you like our Steel Curtain-like performance this season??!!!

HELL YES!

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 pm 

fortythree wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:

David Todd, anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:28 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
fortythree wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:

David Todd, anyone?

Haha my boy David.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:28 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
fortythree wrote:
redmanrumbles wrote:

Like modern day politics....

Well sometimes it's totally justified. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next