It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7327
....are the non-Yinzer Steeler fans, the one who didn't grow up in Western Pennsylvania, in short, those of you who don't have the Penguins to fall back on once the Steelers take their annual swoon.

Think about it....

*WE have the two-time Stanley Cup champions on whom to focus our fanboy energies now, an organization that's not afraid to show non-producing coaches the door (seeya Disco Dan....and by the way, how did it work out for you in Buffalo?), not afraid to make the changes necessary when their own generational talent is aging with but one championship on his resume.

*Could be Beth & #29 (sorry 29...still can't do Barry) rooting for the douchebag Cryers, no championships in 44 years.

*Worse yet, could be Dr. Malba, goes from the choking Steelers to the penultimate choking Washington Capitals, regular season kings of the NFL, President's trophies for their cache, but not Cups, no wins over the Penguins, despite being set up to do so, time and time again....goes from The DumbFuck Mike Tomlin to Sad Sack Barry (...see what I mean about Barry!!) Trotz.

Yeah, it's those asshats that really get my sympathy.


Last edited by swissvale72 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am
Posts: 1664
swissvale72 wrote:
....are the non-Yinzer Steeler fans, the one who didn't grow up in Western Pennsylvania, in short, those of you who don't have the Penguins to fall back on once the Steelers take their annual swoon.

Think about it....

*WE have the two-time Stanley Cup champions on whom to focus our fanboy energies now, an organization that's not afraid to show non-producing coaches the door (seeya Disco Dan....and by the way, how did it work out for you in Buffalo?), not afraid to make the changes necessary when their own generational talent is aging with but one championship on his resume.
*Could be Beth & #29 (sorry 29...still can't do Barry) rooting for the douchebag Cryers, no championships in 44 years.

*Worse yet, could be Dr. Malba, goes from the choking Steelers to the penultimate choking Washington Capitals, regular season kings of the NFL, President's trophies for their cache, but not Cups, no wins over the Penguins, despite being set up to do so, time and time again....goes from The DumbFuck Mike Tomlin to Sad Sack Barry (...see what I mean about Barry!!) Trotz.

Yeah, it's those asshats that really get my sympathy.



I have college hoops to fall back on. And then baseball season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 am
Posts: 406
Agreed. Put my Penguins hat on the Monday after the debacle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:26 am
Posts: 414
Go HABS!


Fuck, never mind.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
How about being surrounded by Eagles fans?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23383
BarryFoster wrote:
How about being surrounded by Eagles fans?


In the course of a week, I’ve gone from being on the Eagles’ bandwagon to hoping the Vikings smoke their asses tomorrow.

Their fan base has gotten incredibly insufferable (worst than the most insufferable Yinzer Steeler fan) in just this week week...ripe for schadenfreude on Monday.

And I’m fucking sick of the dog mask thing. Yes...it was cool to play the “we get no respect” card last week against Atlanta, but that bullshit plays out in a hurry.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
Jeemie wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
How about being surrounded by Eagles fans?


In the course of a week, I’ve gone from being on the Eagles’ bandwagon to hoping the Vikings smoke their asses tomorrow.

Their fan base has gotten incredibly insufferable (worst than the most insufferable Yinzer Steeler fan) in just this week week...ripe for schadenfreude on Monday.

And I’m fucking sick of the dog mask thing. Yes...it was cool to play the “we get no respect” card last week against Atlanta, but that bullshit plays out in a hurry.


Yep

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13769
I'm over it bruh. Had some punk ass raiduhs fans give me shit last week. I was surprised cause usually its cheats fans or 9'ers fans whom are all insufferable I will add. Anyway, Talking about, 'what happened to the Steelers?' They cracked under pressure and some other bullshit jabs [don't recall] they took at me. My response was simple and to the point. Hey assholes, come talk to me when your team is relevant. One went on to say, 'our team wasn't expected to do anything this season'. To which I replied, 'so you're happy with mediocrity and being a loser?' Neither had nothing to say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
I was in Jax this week for work. Was hastled much to my surprise.

I can take the downtime.....what is The cryers record ? I haven’t looked at it in a month

No expectations from them for another year or so

So I commiserate it with you Swiss, Keep those massholes at bay ok

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7327
Steelafan77 wrote:
I'm over it bruh. Had some punk ass raiduhs fans give me shit last week. I was surprised cause usually its cheats fans or 9'ers fans whom are all insufferable I will add. Anyway, Talking about, 'what happened to the Steelers?' They cracked under pressure and some other bullshit jabs [don't recall] they took at me. My response was simple and to the point. Hey assholes, come talk to me when your team is relevant. One went on to say, 'our team wasn't expected to do anything this season'. To which I replied, 'so you're happy with mediocrity and being a loser?' Neither had nothing to say.


I'm sure no one will argue that needing to live among these smug New England fucks is the worst.

One of the less-douchebaggy commentators, a guy that a born/raised New England fan when they were died-in-the-wool losers is seriously worried about tomorrow's game, and maintains that he's more worried about Jags than he would have been about Steelers, due, no surprise...to Steelers inherent stupidity. And his affect in making that statement was not meant to imply disrespect, it was simply honest analysis.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7818
Hockey season doesn't start until the playoffs. I have other things to occupy my interest until then.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13769
No debate Swiss. The 'Inherent stupidity' is what infuriates all Steeler fans. Why we all hope with the hire if Fichtner that 'inherent stupidity' will fade and ultimately be less influential on the outcome of games going forward. To be honest Swiss it's not the offense that worries me most. It's the defense that continues to surprise me in the most humiliating ways. I'm ok with ST's gaffes. I suppose I've been desensitised by their continual underachieving over the years. It's the defenses continuous epic fails that still give me nightmares.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9148
Go Leafs Go!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:48 pm
Posts: 18
CdnSteelerFan wrote:
Go HABS!


Fuck, never mind.


I hear yah.. lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7327
GreekSteel wrote:
Go Leafs Go!


Sorry Greek...how could I forget the plight of those that hold dear Canada's national team, at least that of the English-speaking population, minus the Quebecois separatists, who haven't won a goddamn thing for 50 years!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:05 pm
Posts: 248
I live in Bengal territory and had a few try to talk shit about the loss. It was pretty easy to shut them up by pointing out how pathetic it was to talk shit about another team doing something theirs cant... one beat the Steelers and two win a playoff game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9148
swissvale72 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Go Leafs Go!


Sorry Greek...how could I forget the plight of those that hold dear Canada's national team, at least that of the English-speaking population, minus the Quebecois separatists, who haven't won a goddamn thing for 50 years!!



lol no worries


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7327
GreekSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Go Leafs Go!


Sorry Greek...how could I forget the plight of those that hold dear Canada's national team, at least that of the English-speaking population, minus the Quebecois separatists, who haven't won a goddamn thing for 50 years!!



lol no worries


In PEI, and I'm sure throughout Canada, always a big Saturday when it's Habs-Leafs on Hockey Night. And...I'm selling the Habs a bit short. Leafs are clearly the favorite among the Scottish-Irish population UpWest, but Habs have their fan base there as well. Of course, being a Maritimer, Sid is a favorite in PEI.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9148
"swissvale72"]
GreekSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Go Leafs Go!


Sorry Greek...how could I forget the plight of those that hold dear Canada's national team, at least that of the English-speaking population, minus the Quebecois separatists, who haven't won a goddamn thing for 50 years!!



lol no worries


In PEI, and I'm sure throughout Canada, always a big Saturday when it's Habs-Leafs on Hockey Night. And...I'm selling the Habs a bit short. Leafs are clearly the favorite among the Scottish-Irish population UpWest, but Habs have their fan base there as well. Of course, being a Maritimer, Sid is a favorite in PEI.[/quote]



Habs had their farm team in the Maritimes for years in Fredericton, theres alot of french speaking folk in the maritimes as well...Leafs had their farm team for a short time in St. Johns NFLD, not any more though farm team is in Toronto as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The asshats I REALLY feel bad for....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7327
French-speakers more in New Brunswick....with Moncton & towns approaching PEI. French enclaves on PEI for sure, but mostly English-speaking.

Some Habs fans among the English-speaking population though.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baltostiller, bigtoad, DrMalba, Google [Bot], PittWest, SteelThrillsseeker and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group