It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pens vs Golden Kannnnnnnnniggots
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:53 am 

Should be a great watch, both for the Fleury return and, oh yeah, the Knights are in first place in the West.

Loss against the Devils was a bump in the road, but definitely don't want to lose two in a row.

Bonus points if the Fleury tribute video ends with "...oh, and fuck you James Neal".

Post subject: Re: Pens vs Golden Kannnnnnnnniggots
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 pm 

Connor McDavid show was fun to watch last night. Would be cool if Crosby delivered a gem of his own. Go Pens.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:23 pm 

Anyone else somewhat miffed that this game didn’t make the national broadcast?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:30 pm 

Here here on the fuck James Neal train. In fact I like all the Knights except for this dickhead

Did I see that Kuhn is spending time on the 2nd line w/ Geno? Holy hell is that moronic. I get injuries, but they could have recalled Sprong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Here here on the fuck James Neal train. In fact I like all the Knights except for this dickhead

Did I see that Kuhn is spending time on the 2nd line w/ Geno? Holy hell is that moronic. I get injuries, but they could have recalled Sprong

#FreeDanielSprong

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:12 pm 

You could see the disgust on Malkin's face after about half a dozen shifts with Knuckle in Jersey. Look, I'm not ragging on the player because IMO he fills a role on this team. I like his effort and the fact that he likes to block shots kind of intrigues me. But, but, but, but he is not a good fit in the top six.
That said, I hope Knuckles shuts me up tonight and knocks one home.

As far as Sprong goes I don't think Sully likes his game. Look at all the guys called up instead of him. I have also spoken to a few friends that watch WBS and they told me that this year Sprong has been benched on more than one occasion-during the game-for lack of effort. Also, Sprong has been getting by on talent more so than effort.

I wonder what kind of foolery Fleury pulls off before the game against his former teammates? He is quite the prankster. And I can't wait to see the reaction the fans give him tonight-it will be Mario-esque in stature.

And to the Pens fan base that still harp on the Murray versus Fleury decision_get_over_ it!

▶︎

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:13 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
You could see the disgust on Malkin's face after about half a dozen shifts with Knuckle in Jersey. Look, I'm not ragging on the player because IMO he fills a role on this team. I like his effort and the fact that he likes to block shots kind of intrigues me. But, but, but, but he is not a good fit in the top six.
That said, I hope Knuckles shuts me up tonight and knocks one home.

As far as Sprong goes I don't think Sully likes his game. Look at all the guys called up instead of him. I have also spoken to a few friends that watch WBS and they told me that this year Sprong has been benched on more than one occasion-during the game-for lack of effort. Also, Sprong has been getting by on talent more so than effort.

I wonder what kind of foolery Fleury pulls off before the game against his former teammates? He is quite the prankster. And I can't wait to see the reaction the fans give him tonight-it will be Mario-esque in stature.

And to the Pens fan base that still harp on the Murray versus Fleury decision_get_over_ it!

▶︎

Yes to all of this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:22 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:

▶︎

I was a MAF backer until 2012, and then did I finally become convinced he had some sort of mental block. Then I hated him until last year.

We don't win the Cbus or Wash series without him. And to top it all off he bails out the team by waiving his NTC. I mean he could have fucked the Pens in multiple ways during his last couple of yrs, but was always a good soldier. I mean he was kind of the OPPOSITE of what James Harrison pulled and was all about the concern for the franchise above anything else.

I don't think I respect an athlete more than how I think of MAF...even Mario, yea he saved the Pens but he still had financial incentive and skin in the game.

That being said it was the correct thing to move on from him. It's kinda like the girlfriend you knew forever and got along great, but you knew you were both holding each other back. If the Pens don't win it all I'll definitely be pulling for him and the Knights. I hope the ovation is great for him and he feels appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:35 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:

▶︎

I was a MAF backer until 2012, and then did I finally become convinced he had some sort of mental block. Then I hated him until last year.

We don't win the Cbus or Wash series without him. And to top it all off he bails out the team by waiving his NTC. I mean he could have fucked the Pens in multiple ways during his last couple of yrs, but was always a good soldier. I mean he was kind of the OPPOSITE of what James Harrison pulled and was all about the concern for the franchise above anything else.

I don't think I respect an athlete more than how I think of MAF...even Mario, yea he saved the Pens but he still had financial incentive and skin in the game.

That being said it was the correct thing to move on from him. It's kinda like the girlfriend you knew forever and got along great, but you knew you were both holding each other back. If the Pens don't win it all I'll definitely be pulling for him and the Knights. I hope the ovation is great for him and he feels appreciated.

A Pens/Knights finals would be freaking amazing and absolute best case scenario.

I think it'd be the only possible scenario where a Pittsburgh team could be playing for a championship and I wouldn't be a wreck. Because even if we lost it, we'd still have our back to back cups, and Fleury would get a well deserved happy ending to his tumultuous couple of seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:54 pm 

I think Sprong has to be bored shitless with WBS play. Every guy is different and he seems like the kind of guy who needs to be thrown in the pool to sink or swim.

Not really sure what you're going to find out about him in WBS and this opportunity seems like it was tailor made for him.

Maybe they'll wait a couple of games before doing it so he doesn't feel entitled?