It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Golden Kannnnnnnnniggots
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:26 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
fractalsteel wrote:
And to the Pens fan base that still harp on the Murray versus Fleury decision_get_over_ it!

▶︎

I was a MAF backer until 2012, and then did I finally become convinced he had some sort of mental block. Then I hated him until last year.

We don't win the Cbus or Wash series without him. And to top it all off he bails out the team by waiving his NTC. I mean he could have fucked the Pens in multiple ways during his last couple of yrs, but was always a good soldier. I mean he was kind of the OPPOSITE of what James Harrison pulled and was all about the concern for the franchise above anything else.

I don't think I respect an athlete more than how I think of MAF...even Mario, yea he saved the Pens but he still had financial incentive and skin in the game.

That being said it was the correct thing to move on from him. It's kinda like the girlfriend you knew forever and got along great, but you knew you were both holding each other back. If the Pens don't win it all I'll definitely be pulling for him and the Knights. I hope the ovation is great for him and he feels appreciated.

agree..felt the same way on maf...
I blamed him mostly for the early playoff losses to lesser seeds..he was awful in those series..glad he got it together last year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think Sprong has to be bored shitless with WBS play. Every guy is different and he seems like the kind of guy who needs to be thrown in the pool to sink or swim.

Not really sure what you're going to find out about him in WBS and this opportunity seems like it was tailor made for him.

Maybe they'll wait a couple of games before doing it so he doesn't feel entitled?

Me thinks Sully doesn’t appreciate his millennial attitude (JK I really don’t know much about the situation other than he seems to be on Sully’s radar and not in a good way).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think Sprong has to be bored shitless with WBS play. Every guy is different and he seems like the kind of guy who needs to be thrown in the pool to sink or swim.

Not really sure what you're going to find out about him in WBS and this opportunity seems like it was tailor made for him.

Maybe they'll wait a couple of games before doing it so he doesn't feel entitled?

I'm telling you-I don't think Sully trusts him.
Benched Sprong the last West coast trip against SJS in the third. Scratch next game and sent back down after that. It has happened several times under Sullivan.

I agree his skill would be better served in the top 6 then some of the other choices.

It would be something if Sid scored #400 against the Flower tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:44 pm 

MAF is owning us.

Jake really poor pass there at the end of the period. Dude needs to make the most of his chances or get him off that line.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:22 pm 

I liked the start to the second period. Smart play.
Have to think Murray lost the puck on the second goal because that should never have gone in. Dumo was late to react as well.
Of course dickface had to score the goal.

The Knights are doing a good job of standing the Pens up on the blue line. Some guys don't want to dump and chase tonight-missing Horny.
Even without Sheary in the lineup we are faster but they have done a great job of taking away space.
Speaking of that, the Pens have faced two deliberate/structured teams the last two games and have struggled mightily to get shots on net or build any OZ time.
That worries me.

And there is Reaves getting us back in the game-I'll take it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 pm 

I’ll be damned. Reaves!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm 

Cole!

The C liners are showing up tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 pm 

Finally get a D man to engage-Cole.

It's weird watching the Birds score against Fleury.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:36 pm 

Great ply by Rust on that goal. Rust is the man.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm 

Nice!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next