It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: GM Board Draft Announcement 2018
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
By the way, Greek, the only QBs in the draft I've actually liked to be great were:

Marino
Elway
Kordell
Ben
Rivers
Mahomes

I did okay. Kordell had some moments where it looked like he was going to be a superstar. Just never cleared the hump and got jerked around a little with the parade of OCs/being ahead of his time. Like, how good would young Kordell be in an 2018 era offense?

Oh i wasnt implying you dont do great, you know your stuff come draft time, just a friendly jab at you my man. We shall see on Mahomes, i do like him even alot but not as sold as you are on him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:20 pm 

SP wrote:
Bidding is hot and heavy for the first overall pick. Don’t miss out!

That was actually a pretty funny Seinfeld episode.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
By the way, Greek, the only QBs in the draft I've actually liked to be great were:

Marino
Elway
Kordell
Ben
Rivers
Mahomes

I did okay. Kordell had some moments where it looked like he was going to be a superstar. Just never cleared the hump and got jerked around a little with the parade of OCs/being ahead of his time. Like, how good would young Kordell be in an 2018 era offense?

Oh i wasnt implying you dont do great, you know your stuff come draft time, just a friendly jab at you my man. We shall see on Mahomes, i do like him even alot but not as sold as you are on him.

Btw im being a pain in your ass going after Tomlin so ill save my comments on Kordell :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Like, how good would young Kordell be in an 2018 era offense?

Not very. He’d still be dumb, mentally weak, and a very inaccurate passer...
Today’s new style offenses need a QB to be in control, make decisions on the fly, and throw quick in to tight windows. All things that Kordell sucked at!
The guy was a bum then...he’d be a bum now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 pm 

Kordell couldn’t play in the modern NFL because he couldn’t complete a check down. Seriously, the worst part of his game was short passses. He’d routinely skip them three yards in front of the receivers feet. .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 pm 

Kordell's kryptonite was definitely the short out pattern.

But that guy could just run RPOs and PA RPOs for deep ball all night and he would have been just fine. They tried desperately to make him into a pocket passer and he was terrible at that. Running the option, Kordell was top 5 all time in college. I saw his whole career there and he was out of this world. Ran a hand-timed 4.1 at altitude. Could throw it 80 yards, outrun anyone on any college team in his era, never took a shot running it because he had that little wiggle at the last second. You guys can knock him all you want, but he won some games, he came damn close to winning MVP in 97. 5 GWD, 4 4thQ comebacks, 21 passing TDs, 2nd on the team in rushing yards, 11 rushing TDs. For comparison, Neil O'Donnell's best year ('95) he had only 17 passing TDs.

Of course, once I saw him play WR, I was sold that a move would have been great for him... but not meant to be.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:40 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kordell's kryptonite was definitely the short out pattern.

But that guy could just run RPOs and PA RPOs for deep ball all night and he would have been just fine. They tried desperately to make him into a pocket passer and he was terrible at that. Running the option, Kordell was top 5 all time in college. I saw his whole career there and he was out of this world. Ran a hand-timed 4.1 at altitude. Could throw it 80 yards, outrun anyone on any college team in his era, never took a shot running it because he had that little wiggle at the last second. You guys can knock him all you want, but he won some games, he came damn close to winning MVP in 97. 5 GWD, 4 4thQ comebacks, 21 passing TDs, 2nd on the team in rushing yards, 11 rushing TDs. For comparison, Neil O'Donnell's best year ('95) he had only 17 passing TDs.

Of course, once I saw him play WR, I was sold that a move would have been great for him... but not meant to be.

But you have to be a pocket passer to win the super bowl. Kordell wasn't, and he wasn't ever going to win a super bowl. All that athleticism is great, but when push comes to shove, when there's two minutes on the clock in the super bowl and you need a TD to win, you better be able to pass accurately and read defenses, and I don't think Kordell was ever going to be that guy.

Or should I say, when you're down by 7 at home in the fourth quarter of the AFCCG against the Patriots, you better be able to pass accurately rather than, say, throw an untimely INT.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 am 

No doubt, Kordell wasn't a Super Bowl capable QB. I'm just saying, he would have been better in this era (or, say, 5 years ago era) than in the late 90s NFL. I think he could do what Blake Bortles is doing, for instance-- and probably better than Bortles is doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:39 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
No doubt, Kordell wasn't a Super Bowl capable QB. I'm just saying, he would have been better in this era (or, say, 5 years ago era) than in the late 90s NFL. I think he could do what Blake Bortles is doing, for instance-- and probably better than Bortles is doing it.

Kordell's performance in that 7-6 win over the Pete Carroll Pats was Bortley.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm 

Miami is willing to trade Tannehill and some late round picks to move up.

PM me if interested.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 34  Next