It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:40 pm 

Here's a good clip of BB strolling thru Giants stadium for the last time --

Gotta love a coach who gets choked up about game planning and coaches meetings!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/09000d5d82246b02/A-Football-Life-Belichick-takes-a-trip-down-memory-lane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:45 pm 

Belichick coaching the Steelers to a few more Lombardi’s would be like a sinners penance/act of contrition :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:48 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Belichick coaching the Steelers to a few more Lombardi’s would be like a sinners penance/act of contrition :lol:

I wish -- but he's not coming here because:

1. Tomlin is going nowhere

2. BB would either go to NYG or nowhere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:55 pm 

BILl has one year left

He may retire next season

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:22 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
BILl has one year left

He may retire next season

Either that or he is stringing McDaniels on like Parcells did him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 am 

mcshamiels and belicheat staying in cheatston, massacheaters. https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/9 ... 8119024640

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo
The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status ... 2355302400
Looks like the Colts took a big bite of the mcshamiels shit sandwich wo/the bread and are on the hook with these assistant coaches and still no head coach. Wow what a douchebag move on mcshamiels. I guess it happens all the time...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:29 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
mcshamiels and belicheat staying in cheatston, massacheaters. https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/9 ... 8119024640

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo
The Colts' assistants you've seen reported (e.g. Matt Eberflus as DC) have signed contracts and have been in the team's building, sources say. Indications are they'll still be with the team, albeit under a different HC than McDaniels. https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status ... 2355302400
Looks like the Colts took a big bite of the mcshamiels shit sandwich wo/the bread and are on the hook with these assistant coaches and still no head coach. Wow what a douchebag move on mcshamiels. I guess it happens all the time...

I’m going to guess Colts will be better off in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:32 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo

I’m going to guess Colts will be better off in the long run.

Could have been a get back for the Deflategate initial memo.

But I think it's more about BB's impending end date in NE, whenever it comes off sooner or later.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:37 am 

I don't understand why or how McDaniels is in demand for another HC gig. He's a great OC, nothing else

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:43 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
I don't understand why or how McDaniels is in demand for another HC gig. He's a great OC, nothing else

this move pretty much cements his zero demand in the future outside of NE.

His reputation was perceived to be cleaned up from his St Louis and Denver nefarious doings, but that is all back at square one.

Once a cheater, always a cheater

And to add..... If McD spoke to these assistants prior to the end of the season (Superbowl), then looks like some penalties will be coming down
Article doesn't mention it, but i think it's a no-no with NFL ops and bylaws

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-in-indy/

Quote:
One of the issues that emerged in the wake of McDaniels treating the Colts like a bad batch of McDonald’s is whether McDaniels has spoken to the people most affected by Josh changing his mind. And one media outlet has both sides of the story covered.

Dianna Russini of ESPN reported shortly before 10:00 p.m. ET that “several members” of McDaniels’ shoulda-woulda-coulda staff in Indianapolis had not yet heard from him. Josina Anderson of ESPN reported that McDaniels has “spoken to every one” of the coaches with whom he would have worked in Indy, and that he spoke to them “a while ago, shortly after [talking to] Indy.”

Whatever the truth may be, ESPN is covered either way. Which is another reason for ESPN’s editors and producers to perhaps consider some sort of procedure for ensuring harmony in tweeting among the small army of reporters who cover the NFL. While it’s somewhat surprising that this doesn’t happen more often, the best approach would be for it to happen never.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:

Quote:
@MikeGarafolo

This in spades!!

He had better hope that he gets the job in NE because he is never getting another HC interview again unless it is at the HS level.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:59 am 

Seems to me the Colts are Dolts.

Why in the world announce the guy as your coach if he has not put pen on paper? Business dumb.

Pretty sleazy by JMcD if he indeed had other coaches picked out to be hired, but why the fuck did the Colts accept those contracts if they did not yet have JMcDs signature on paper?

Dumb.

Who knows, Patriots Fury brethren, who knows.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:51 am 

more bad optics

Quote:
Agent chastises McDaniels for not taking Colts job

At a time when some think Colts G.M. Chris Ballard may part ways with the agent who represents both Ballard and not-quite Colts coach Josh McDaniels, McDaniels may want to reconsider his relationship with Bob Lamonte, too.

According to Mike Garafolo of NFL Media, Lamonte told McDaniels that he was “making perhaps the biggest professional mistake of his career” by bailing on the Colts.

If Lamonte truly believes that (in other words, if he isn’t simply doing damage control), Lamonte should fire his client. And if McDaniels thinks that Lamonte leaked this warning in order to allow Lamonte to engage in damage control, McDaniels should fire his agent.

As one source said in the immediate aftermath of the McDaniels news emerging on Tuesday night, this one quickly will become a “major storm of sh-t.” And it has.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:53 am 

You think the Steelers could get a first rounder out of the Colts for Tomlin?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:58 am 

Schiano was to be named new DC today, um that looks off too

Quote:
Bruce Feldman

@BruceFeldmanCFB
Greg Schiano tells me he is staying at #OhioState contrary to reports from Monday that he was leaving for the Patriots. Big day for the Buckeyes. Schiano played a key part in landing top OT Nick Petit-Frere out of Tampa.

10:43 AM - Feb 7, 2018
310 people are talking about this

speculation he would be a successor to BB, but that blew up with McD staying?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 pm 

Maybe Ernie and Bill reminded Josh that his success is not tied to what's between his ears.........and he already proved that once.

So Josh stays, but Josh had a big payday on his plate....... love the turmoil.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:

this move pretty much cements his zero demand in the future outside of NE.

His reputation was perceived to be cleaned up from his St Louis and Denver nefarious doings, but that is all back at square one.

Once a cheater, always a cheater

And to add..... If McD spoke to these assistants prior to the end of the season (Superbowl), then looks like some penalties will be coming down
Article doesn't mention it, but i think it's a no-no with NFL ops and bylaws

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-in-indy/

Quote:
One of the issues that emerged in the wake of McDaniels treating the Colts like a bad batch of McDonald’s is whether McDaniels has spoken to the people most affected by Josh changing his mind. And one media outlet has both sides of the story covered.

Dianna Russini of ESPN reported shortly before 10:00 p.m. ET that “several members” of McDaniels’ shoulda-woulda-coulda staff in Indianapolis had not yet heard from him. Josina Anderson of ESPN reported that McDaniels has “spoken to every one” of the coaches with whom he would have worked in Indy, and that he spoke to them “a while ago, shortly after [talking to] Indy.”

Whatever the truth may be, ESPN is covered either way. Which is another reason for ESPN’s editors and producers to perhaps consider some sort of procedure for ensuring harmony in tweeting among the small army of reporters who cover the NFL. While it’s somewhat surprising that this doesn’t happen more often, the best approach would be for it to happen never.

I would say that is pretty crappy but based on his history both with the Pats and on his own I guess we shouldn't expect anything different from him. Here's the way ESPN reported this piece of the story http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2234 ... d-patriots
Quote:
Four coaches who would have been members of McDaniels' staff in Indianapolis told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Tuesday night they were blindsided and had yet to hear from him. But a source familiar with the situation later told ESPN's Josina Anderson that McDaniels has "spoken to every one [of the would-be assistants] a while ago, shortly after [talking to] Indy."

If it had only been one coach it could be a misunderstanding but if four people have the same "he hasn't talked to me" story them I tend to believe them over a proven cheater.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm 

What a mess.

I said it a few days ago: this is what the end of a dynasty looks like. Players calling out the HC, Coach-Owner friction, Old player-young player jealousy/power plays, coach-QB friction.

Oh, wait, which franchise are we talking about here?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:46 pm 

There were also reports that Schiano was going to be the new DC there. That has since been retracted and he is staying at OSU.

Truly a mess. I love it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

I said it a few days ago: this is what the end of a dynasty looks like. Players calling out the HC, Coach-Owner friction, Old player-young player jealousy/power plays, coach-QB friction.

And Philadelphia has all the look of a team that could be the beginning of a dynasty.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

The one that owns the Steelers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

And Philadelphia has all the look of a team that could be the beginning of a dynasty.

You never know in this league. Seattle sure looked like it was building something for a minute there, but it is falling apart. Some of those high variance decisions can go against you next year. You trade Foles and Wentz gets hurt again... all kinds of stuff can happen.

We're entering into a hallowed QB era. By that I mean: by the end of 2018, we're probably going to have half starting QBs in the league who are very good to elite, if not more. I counted 14 off the top of my head and another handful who are better than competent. I don't think QB play overall has ever been so good. Some of that is the state of the NFL rules and the fact that offenses are ahead of defenses, but some of it is: several of the young QBs are good.

Any team with good coaching and a great QB has a shot. Therefore I take the field over any dynasty for the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 pm 

I agree B2B; wildly competitive right now in the league. Which is why if our coaches don’t improve, mainly the guy in charge, I don’t expect us to bring home the trophy. With this much talent, games being decided by a play or two, a yard or two, superior coaching and scheme is needed. My opinion, at least.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

You never know in this league. Seattle sure looked like it was building something for a minute there, but it is falling apart. Some of those high variance decisions can go against you next year. You trade Foles and Wentz gets hurt again... all kinds of stuff can happen.

We're entering into a hallowed QB era. By that I mean: by the end of 2018, we're probably going to have half starting QBs in the league who are very good to elite, if not more. I counted 14 off the top of my head and another handful who are better than competent. I don't think QB play overall has ever been so good. Some of that is the state of the NFL rules and the fact that offenses are ahead of defenses, but some of it is: several of the young QBs are good.

Any team with good coaching and a great QB has a shot. Therefore I take the field over any dynasty for the moment.

That's why I said "could".

Lots of teams have good to elite QBs...Philadelphia has a complete team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:44 pm 

Philly has a complete team, now! BUT, what is their salary cap situation and how many guys and who needs resigned? The funny thing about a super bowl is that when a team wins one, their players become highly sought after. How many players could leave for a big payday now they are champs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next