It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16557
Quote:
Ray Fittipaldo @rayfitt1
37s
Carnell Lake releases a statement that says he's leaving the Steelers to spend time with his family. Had been on Tomlin's staff since 2011.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Carnell Lake leaving
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:59 pm
Posts: 109
Location: Nor Cal
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/ ... d59f559290

Quote:
I have decided to return to California to be able to be a part of my youngest son’s last year of high school football.

I want to thank Mr. Art Rooney II and the Rooney family, Coach Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert, the coaching staffs I have worked with throughout my time in Pittsburgh, and the entire Steelers organization. It has been a privilege and honor to play and coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers. I also want to thank all of the players I have coached during my seven years with the team – it truly was an honor to work with them. Finally, I would like to thank Steelers fans for their support and for being the best fans in the NFL during both my time as a player and coach.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6539
Yep.

Lake decided this on his own.

No way in fucking hell Tomlin "urged" him to move on.

Right?

Right?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23382
Maybe Art II “suggested it” to Mike Tomlin the way Dan suggested it to Chuck Noll back in the day...

Steelers do like to make exits look voluntary.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9853
Good.

The amount of explosive plays given up by the secondary in the past three seasons has been unacceptable.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
I have no idea if this is a good or bad thing

Variables:

Tomlin
Secondary performance
Talent level
Tomlin
Ping Pong

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16557
Joey Porter next? Please? Please?
Image

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
Still Lit wrote:
Good.

The amount of explosive plays given up by the secondary in the past three seasons has been unacceptable.


Exactly

We used to “keep them in front of you” and make the tackle.

Now they go zipping by or break multiple ghost-like attempts at tackles

How many times has Mitchell had a chance to prevent the TD but overrun the receiver, whiffed or just flat out fell?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9188
Good. Now we need a giant infusion of talent and depth on this defense. Is that possible?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
Orangesteel wrote:
Good. Now we need a giant infusion of talent and depth on this defense. Is that possible?


Could you structure this question in a multiple choice format?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Joey Porter next? Please? Please?
Image


Big Gary Larson fan

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23382
This is good if Tomlin/Colbert/Rooney seek the best available coach to replace him.

It's bad if they practice the nepotism they displayed in hiring Blaine Stewart.

Note- Stewart may turn out to be great...I know nothing about him...maybe he's just the detail-oriented guy to be a good quality control coach.

But all I really know about him was that Tomlin knew his dad- which shouldn't even be a factor.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16557
well, this is a little of both, Jeemie:

Rod Woodson wrote:
My dream job is to come back to the Black & God and coach those guys. They have Carnell, who started with the Steelers in 2011, the same time I started with the Raiders. We didn't end up being as good as Pittsburgh was. I know they have Carnell and he's done a great job and don't want to replace him, but I would love to don those colors one more time somehow. once a Steeler, you're always a Steeler.


Currently available DB coach.

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9853
bradshaw2ben wrote:
well, this is a little of both, Jeemie:

Rod Woodson wrote:
My dream job is to come back to the Black & God and coach those guys. They have Carnell, who started with the Steelers in 2011, the same time I started with the Raiders. We didn't end up being as good as Pittsburgh was. I know they have Carnell and he's done a great job and don't want to replace him, but I would love to don those colors one more time somehow. once a Steeler, you're always a Steeler.


Currently available DB coach.


Would he be a good coach?

Why in the eff must it be a former Steeler? Hell's bells. And Lake has not done a great job.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16557
The Raiders and Steelers had almost identical number of big plays allowed in 2017:

Raiders: 59 over 20, 16 over 40
Steelers: 58 over 20, 16 over 40

_________________
VASteelerGuy wrote:
These refs suck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
Any idea how much money Lake made/stole from the Steelers?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The Raiders and Steelers had almost identical number of big plays allowed in 2017:

Raiders: 59 over 20, 16 over 40
Steelers: 58 over 20, 16 over 40


So a seamless transition?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6539
Still Lit wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
well, this is a little of both, Jeemie:

Rod Woodson wrote:
My dream job is to come back to the Black & God and coach those guys. They have Carnell, who started with the Steelers in 2011, the same time I started with the Raiders. We didn't end up being as good as Pittsburgh was. I know they have Carnell and he's done a great job and don't want to replace him, but I would love to don those colors one more time somehow. once a Steeler, you're always a Steeler.


Currently available DB coach.


Would he be a good coach?

Why in the eff must it be a former Steeler? Hell's bells. And Lake has not done a great job.
So the "Lake Effect" never really materialized.

At one point people here thought it was a great idea to hire Lake, and went on to espouse how much of a turn around the secondary had. Thus, the mythical "Lake Effect" was created.

I guess it was all smoke and mirrors?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9148
I bet he could still be a better safety than Mike Mitchell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Here Cometh The Defensive Coaching Changes: Lake Out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9853
BarryFoster wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The Raiders and Steelers had almost identical number of big plays allowed in 2017:

Raiders: 59 over 20, 16 over 40
Steelers: 58 over 20, 16 over 40


So a seamless transition?


:lol:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wouldn’t%20touch%20it%20with%20a%20barge%20pole&amp=true

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AF Stiller Fan, CdnSteelerFan, Google [Bot], mick, SteelThrillsseeker and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group