It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update : McDaniels Spurns Indy at the 11th hour
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:03 pm 

Maybe Ernie and Bill reminded Josh that his success is not tied to what's between his ears.........and he already proved that once.

So Josh stays, but Josh had a big payday on his plate....... love the turmoil.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:42 pm 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
I don't understand why or how McDaniels is in demand for another HC gig. He's a great OC, nothing else

this move pretty much cements his zero demand in the future outside of NE.

His reputation was perceived to be cleaned up from his St Louis and Denver nefarious doings, but that is all back at square one.

Once a cheater, always a cheater

And to add..... If McD spoke to these assistants prior to the end of the season (Superbowl), then looks like some penalties will be coming down
Article doesn't mention it, but i think it's a no-no with NFL ops and bylaws

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-in-indy/

Quote:
One of the issues that emerged in the wake of McDaniels treating the Colts like a bad batch of McDonald’s is whether McDaniels has spoken to the people most affected by Josh changing his mind. And one media outlet has both sides of the story covered.

Dianna Russini of ESPN reported shortly before 10:00 p.m. ET that “several members” of McDaniels’ shoulda-woulda-coulda staff in Indianapolis had not yet heard from him. Josina Anderson of ESPN reported that McDaniels has “spoken to every one” of the coaches with whom he would have worked in Indy, and that he spoke to them “a while ago, shortly after [talking to] Indy.”

Whatever the truth may be, ESPN is covered either way. Which is another reason for ESPN’s editors and producers to perhaps consider some sort of procedure for ensuring harmony in tweeting among the small army of reporters who cover the NFL. While it’s somewhat surprising that this doesn’t happen more often, the best approach would be for it to happen never.

I would say that is pretty crappy but based on his history both with the Pats and on his own I guess we shouldn't expect anything different from him. Here's the way ESPN reported this piece of the story http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2234 ... d-patriots
Quote:
Four coaches who would have been members of McDaniels' staff in Indianapolis told ESPN's Dianna Russini on Tuesday night they were blindsided and had yet to hear from him. But a source familiar with the situation later told ESPN's Josina Anderson that McDaniels has "spoken to every one [of the would-be assistants] a while ago, shortly after [talking to] Indy."

If it had only been one coach it could be a misunderstanding but if four people have the same "he hasn't talked to me" story them I tend to believe them over a proven cheater.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:44 pm 

What a mess.

I said it a few days ago: this is what the end of a dynasty looks like. Players calling out the HC, Coach-Owner friction, Old player-young player jealousy/power plays, coach-QB friction.

Oh, wait, which franchise are we talking about here?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:46 pm 

There were also reports that Schiano was going to be the new DC there. That has since been retracted and he is staying at OSU.

Truly a mess. I love it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

I said it a few days ago: this is what the end of a dynasty looks like. Players calling out the HC, Coach-Owner friction, Old player-young player jealousy/power plays, coach-QB friction.

And Philadelphia has all the look of a team that could be the beginning of a dynasty.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

The one that owns the Steelers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

And Philadelphia has all the look of a team that could be the beginning of a dynasty.

You never know in this league. Seattle sure looked like it was building something for a minute there, but it is falling apart. Some of those high variance decisions can go against you next year. You trade Foles and Wentz gets hurt again... all kinds of stuff can happen.

We're entering into a hallowed QB era. By that I mean: by the end of 2018, we're probably going to have half starting QBs in the league who are very good to elite, if not more. I counted 14 off the top of my head and another handful who are better than competent. I don't think QB play overall has ever been so good. Some of that is the state of the NFL rules and the fact that offenses are ahead of defenses, but some of it is: several of the young QBs are good.

Any team with good coaching and a great QB has a shot. Therefore I take the field over any dynasty for the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 pm 

I agree B2B; wildly competitive right now in the league. Which is why if our coaches don’t improve, mainly the guy in charge, I don’t expect us to bring home the trophy. With this much talent, games being decided by a play or two, a yard or two, superior coaching and scheme is needed. My opinion, at least.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
What a mess.

You never know in this league. Seattle sure looked like it was building something for a minute there, but it is falling apart. Some of those high variance decisions can go against you next year. You trade Foles and Wentz gets hurt again... all kinds of stuff can happen.

We're entering into a hallowed QB era. By that I mean: by the end of 2018, we're probably going to have half starting QBs in the league who are very good to elite, if not more. I counted 14 off the top of my head and another handful who are better than competent. I don't think QB play overall has ever been so good. Some of that is the state of the NFL rules and the fact that offenses are ahead of defenses, but some of it is: several of the young QBs are good.

Any team with good coaching and a great QB has a shot. Therefore I take the field over any dynasty for the moment.

That's why I said "could".

Lots of teams have good to elite QBs...Philadelphia has a complete team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:44 pm 

Philly has a complete team, now! BUT, what is their salary cap situation and how many guys and who needs resigned? The funny thing about a super bowl is that when a team wins one, their players become highly sought after. How many players could leave for a big payday now they are champs?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:40 pm 

mcdaniels is the epitome of slime

Quote:
Josh McDaniels - C - Patriots
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels' agent, Bob LaMonte, has terminated his relationship with McDaniels after he decided to bail on the Colts' job.

Typically, the player/coach is the one who fires the agent; not the other way around. But LaMonte also represents Colts GM Chris Ballard and a number of other coaches and executives. LaMonte likely figures that him representing a flake like McDaniels also paints him in a bad light. Which is probably true. By bailing out on the Colts, McDaniels did what he thought was best for him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:42 pm 

Boston radio is surmising one more year for BB, then his contract is over, he can success his 2 kids on the staff....then ride off

Not to leave like Parcells

Quote:
NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran reports Bill Belichick will return as Patriots head coach for 2018 even after OC Josh McDaniels was lured out of his Colts contract.

McDaniels' stunning reversal immediately raised questions about 65-year-old Belichick's future in New England, but at least for one more year, he appears to be staying. Beyond 2018, it's quite possible McDaniels has been assured he will succeed Belichick in the immediate future. The move is eerily reminiscent of what Belichick did to the Jets in 2000

Wonder if Bill decides to leave sooner.

edit: Felger and Mazz 98.5 are analyzing the BB leaves scenario over the reason he lost the Power struggle over Kraft making football calls/BRady/Garopollo business.

they are thinking Bill is 50/50 to leave or stay - all speculation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:30 pm 

Interesting take up here that im coming to believe as well. This whole Josh McDaniels to the colts, yes he is, no he isnt at the last moment is a coordinated effort by Robert Kraft in retaliation to the Colts for deflategate as if you remember it was the colts that blew the whistle on NE and got the whole deflategate ball rolling.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 pm 

Not surprising. Kraft/BB and crew not known for their character.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Interesting take up here that im coming to believe as well. This whole Josh McDaniels to the colts, yes he is, no he isnt at the last moment is a coordinated effort by Robert Kraft in retaliation to the Colts for deflategate as if you remember it was the colts that blew the whistle on NE and got the whole deflategate ball rolling.

And if the Colts hire Frank Reich off the Iggles staff, Kraft's revenge amounts to handing Indy a significantly better coach, and a far better human being.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:14 pm 

Ice wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

And if the Colts hire Frank Reich off the Iggles staff, Kraft's revenge amounts to handing Indy a significantly better coach, and a far better human being.

but also screwing the Eagles, who just whipped Tom & co.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:24 pm 

Point well taken. Watching one of the talking heads today, said Reich was 56 years old. Dude deserves his shot.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:48 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Philly has a complete team, now! BUT, what is their salary cap situation and how many guys and who needs resigned? The funny thing about a super bowl is that when a team wins one, their players become highly sought after. How many players could leave for a big payday now they are champs?

They are more than fine with the cap. They are paying their QB's a pittance in relation to the talent they have. Wentz under a rookie deal and Big Dick Nick isn't making a ton either. They have a nice window before they have to dish out the big bucks to a QB. Much like the windows the Ravens had before paying Flacco the big bucks and then watching the roster crumble.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 pm 

alancac98 wrote:

Getting Joe Douglas from the Ravens' FO was an unsung move by the Eagles.

Dude is a spotter of talent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 pm 

Ice wrote:
Point well taken. Watching one of the talking heads today, said Reich was 56 years old. Dude deserves his shot.

I would stay right in Philly if I were Reich, and not deal with that douchebag owner in Indy.

He will have his pick of jobs next year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next