It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/02/art_rooney_ii_mike_tomlin_pony.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
....before reading :)

Image

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 763
No surprise there...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
FUCK THIS TEAM in the ASS :twisted:

Quote:
"You know I didn't get that letter yet, so I don't know if it got lost in the mail or if it's coming by Pony Express," he said, smiling. "I'm not sure what happened, but I never got that letter."


Quote:
"It's always easy for people to say 'Well you know you should get rid of your coach.' OK, well who are you hiring next?" Rooney said. "And so there's another part to that question that people don't want to get into and I'm very comfortable with Mike as our coach and happy that he's our coach and I think he's one of the best coaches in the NFL."

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9148
more same old same old, FT!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Image

As others have always stated, EMR is a talking shirt, totally removed from real football progress

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 367
Nothing that we didn't expect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 967
BethlehemSteel wrote:
....before reading :)

Image

That's funny...

While I hate Tomlin this comes as no surprise... 10 win seasons will keep this moron around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 11646
At least we don't have to worry about contending for championships.

That's kinda nice.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7327
As I've said repeatedly....this fuckin' guy's job is safer than the Pope's.

Tomlin is the fuckin' albatross around our necks until HE decides it's time for him to go.

Hopeless.....makes it impossible to get excited about next season.

Fuck Art II.....guys' a fuckin' asshole.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23382
Quote:
Rooney did say he considers postseason performance in his evaluation of the head coach. Tomlin is 15-8 with one Super Bowl win, another appearance at the end of the 2010 season and trails Noll by a single playoff victory for the franchise record.


Um...WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

15-8?

Um...no...try 8-7!!!!

How in holy hell did the writer mess that up so badly?

And compounds the mistake saying he trails Noll by one playoff win!

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 763
Jeemie wrote:
Quote:
Rooney did say he considers postseason performance in his evaluation of the head coach. Tomlin is 15-8 with one Super Bowl win, another appearance at the end of the 2010 season and trails Noll by a single playoff victory for the franchise record.


Um...WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

15-8?

Um...no...try 8-7!!!!

How in holy hell did the writer mess that up so badly?

And compounds the mistake saying he trails Noll by one playoff win!


I emailed the genius author this:
A quick look at Wikipedia can tell you that Tomlin’s playoff record is 8-7. Since his second year he is 5-7. More Tony Dungy 9-10 than Chuck Noll 16-8.

May want to update.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23382
Even Rooney repeats this fallacious argument.

Quote:
"It's always easy for people to say 'Well you know you should get rid of your coach.' OK, well who are you hiring next?" Rooney said.


SIGH...

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 763
Jeemie wrote:
Even Rooney repeats this fallacious argument.

Quote:
"It's always easy for people to say 'Well you know you should get rid of your coach.' OK, well who are you hiring next?" Rooney said.


SIGH...


My feelings exactly. The reporter emailed me back and corrected the article.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3368
Location: Upstate NY
swissvale72 wrote:
As I've said repeatedly....this fuckin' guy's job is safer than the Pope's.

Tomlin is the fuckin' albatross around our necks until HE decides it's time for him to go.

Hopeless.....makes it impossible to get excited about next season.

Fuck Art II.....guys' a fuckin' asshole.



I know he left already but maybe just maybe we could get Todd Haley to fuck Tomlins wife before he leaves town and then we could broadcast it across all social media and drive Tomlin out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6844
Tomlin is to coaching genius as

STD is to weight loss

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
lots of speculation that BB could still walk away in near future.

Think EMR would cave and hire BB and show Tomlin his papers?

Penance for the cheating? 8-) :lol: :P

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9148
More and more i think Tomlin really is a potted fn plant. Hes not allowed to do anything without getting the go ahead from EMR.


Quote:
ED BOUCHETTE
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
ebouchette@post-gazette.com
FEB 7, 2018 3:56 PM
It apparently wasn’t just Mike Tomlin’s decision to waive James Harrison off the Steelers with two games left in the season.

“We had discussions about James over the course of the season, and I’ll just say it was a disappointment,’’ said team president Art Rooney II Wednesday. “I mean, James’ career here I would have hoped to have it end a different way.”

Harrison, 39, played in only 40 snaps all season and did not even play in half the games. After the Steelers released their all-time sack leader and 2008 NFL defensive player of the year just after they played the Patriots, he signed with New England and played in the Super Bowl.

After he signed with the Patriots, several teammates said he slept during meetings, pouted and was generally not a good teammate.

“I’ll say there’s probably blame on both sides of the fence on that one,’’ Rooney said, “but that’s the way it turned out.

“In terms of him going to New England, when you make a decision to let a player go you know somebody can pick him up. You can’t sit here and worry too much about where he might go from here once you’ve made the decision you’re better off moving on.”

If indeed his teammates’ criticisms were true, couldn’t’ the Steelers have put him on a reserve list for conduct detrimental to the team, thus preventing him from going to the Patriots?

“I don’t want to go into details of what was discussed about it,’’ Rooney said. “I’ll just say that it’s disappointing when you have a player that has the kind of career James had here to have it end this way. These things happen sometimes, you’d rather it not have it happen that way but that’s where we wound up.”

How would Rooney have preferred it to end for Harrison with the Steelers?

“I would have liked to see James have five sacks in a playoff game and retire at the podium with a Super Bowl trophy.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 8350
Quote:
How would Rooney have preferred it to end for Harrison with the Steelers?

“I would have liked to see James have five sacks in a playoff game and retire at the podium with a Super Bowl trophy.”


Man, sounds like EMR was afraid to make it worse so they picked the release route instead of suspension

At least JH got no ring, but damn

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7327
GreekSteel wrote:
More and more i think Tomlin really is a potted fn plant. Hes not allowed to do anything without getting the go ahead from EMR.


Quote:
ED BOUCHETTE
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
ebouchette@post-gazette.com
FEB 7, 2018 3:56 PM
It apparently wasn’t just Mike Tomlin’s decision to waive James Harrison off the Steelers with two games left in the season.

“We had discussions about James over the course of the season, and I’ll just say it was a disappointment,’’ said team president Art Rooney II Wednesday. “I mean, James’ career here I would have hoped to have it end a different way.”

Harrison, 39, played in only 40 snaps all season and did not even play in half the games. After the Steelers released their all-time sack leader and 2008 NFL defensive player of the year just after they played the Patriots, he signed with New England and played in the Super Bowl.

After he signed with the Patriots, several teammates said he slept during meetings, pouted and was generally not a good teammate.

“I’ll say there’s probably blame on both sides of the fence on that one,’’ Rooney said, “but that’s the way it turned out.

“In terms of him going to New England, when you make a decision to let a player go you know somebody can pick him up. You can’t sit here and worry too much about where he might go from here once you’ve made the decision you’re better off moving on.”

If indeed his teammates’ criticisms were true, couldn’t’ the Steelers have put him on a reserve list for conduct detrimental to the team, thus preventing him from going to the Patriots?

“I don’t want to go into details of what was discussed about it,’’ Rooney said. “I’ll just say that it’s disappointing when you have a player that has the kind of career James had here to have it end this way. These things happen sometimes, you’d rather it not have it happen that way but that’s where we wound up.”

How would Rooney have preferred it to end for Harrison with the Steelers?

“I would have liked to see James have five sacks in a playoff game and retire at the podium with a Super Bowl trophy.”


Lest there is any doubt that The Douchebag Art II should be allowed nowhere near a football field or a roster. WHAT a fuckin' dick!! Doesn't think it all about where the player will go to once released!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 14Thumb, Kodiak, Majestic-12 [Bot], Y-Town Steel and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group