It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Art II on Tomlin...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:03 pm 

Quote:
Rooney did say he considers postseason performance in his evaluation of the head coach. Tomlin is 15-8 with one Super Bowl win, another appearance at the end of the 2010 season and trails Noll by a single playoff victory for the franchise record.

Um...WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

15-8?

Um...no...try 8-7!!!!

How in holy hell did the writer mess that up so badly?

And compounds the mistake saying he trails Noll by one playoff win!

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:15 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Quote:
Rooney did say he considers postseason performance in his evaluation of the head coach. Tomlin is 15-8 with one Super Bowl win, another appearance at the end of the 2010 season and trails Noll by a single playoff victory for the franchise record.

Um...WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

15-8?

Um...no...try 8-7!!!!

How in holy hell did the writer mess that up so badly?

And compounds the mistake saying he trails Noll by one playoff win!

I emailed the genius author this:
A quick look at Wikipedia can tell you that Tomlin’s playoff record is 8-7. Since his second year he is 5-7. More Tony Dungy 9-10 than Chuck Noll 16-8.

May want to update.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:20 pm 

Even Rooney repeats this fallacious argument.

Quote:
"It's always easy for people to say 'Well you know you should get rid of your coach.' OK, well who are you hiring next?" Rooney said.

SIGH...

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Even Rooney repeats this fallacious argument.

Quote:
"It's always easy for people to say 'Well you know you should get rid of your coach.' OK, well who are you hiring next?" Rooney said.

SIGH...

My feelings exactly. The reporter emailed me back and corrected the article.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
As I've said repeatedly....this fuckin' guy's job is safer than the Pope's.

Tomlin is the fuckin' albatross around our necks until HE decides it's time for him to go.

Hopeless.....makes it impossible to get excited about next season.

Fuck Art II.....guys' a fuckin' asshole.

I know he left already but maybe just maybe we could get Todd Haley to fuck Tomlins wife before he leaves town and then we could broadcast it across all social media and drive Tomlin out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:07 pm 

Tomlin is to coaching genius as

STD is to weight loss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:10 pm 

lots of speculation that BB could still walk away in near future.

Think EMR would cave and hire BB and show Tomlin his papers?

Penance for the cheating? 8-) :lol: :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:22 pm 

More and more i think Tomlin really is a potted fn plant. Hes not allowed to do anything without getting the go ahead from EMR.

Quote:
ED BOUCHETTE
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
ebouchette@post-gazette.com
FEB 7, 2018 3:56 PM
It apparently wasn’t just Mike Tomlin’s decision to waive James Harrison off the Steelers with two games left in the season.

“We had discussions about James over the course of the season, and I’ll just say it was a disappointment,’’ said team president Art Rooney II Wednesday. “I mean, James’ career here I would have hoped to have it end a different way.”

Harrison, 39, played in only 40 snaps all season and did not even play in half the games. After the Steelers released their all-time sack leader and 2008 NFL defensive player of the year just after they played the Patriots, he signed with New England and played in the Super Bowl.

After he signed with the Patriots, several teammates said he slept during meetings, pouted and was generally not a good teammate.

“I’ll say there’s probably blame on both sides of the fence on that one,’’ Rooney said, “but that’s the way it turned out.

“In terms of him going to New England, when you make a decision to let a player go you know somebody can pick him up. You can’t sit here and worry too much about where he might go from here once you’ve made the decision you’re better off moving on.”

If indeed his teammates’ criticisms were true, couldn’t’ the Steelers have put him on a reserve list for conduct detrimental to the team, thus preventing him from going to the Patriots?

“I don’t want to go into details of what was discussed about it,’’ Rooney said. “I’ll just say that it’s disappointing when you have a player that has the kind of career James had here to have it end this way. These things happen sometimes, you’d rather it not have it happen that way but that’s where we wound up.”

How would Rooney have preferred it to end for Harrison with the Steelers?

“I would have liked to see James have five sacks in a playoff game and retire at the podium with a Super Bowl trophy.”

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:24 pm 

Quote:

“I would have liked to see James have five sacks in a playoff game and retire at the podium with a Super Bowl trophy.”

Man, sounds like EMR was afraid to make it worse so they picked the release route instead of suspension

At least JH got no ring, but damn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:04 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
More and more i think Tomlin really is a potted fn plant. Hes not allowed to do anything without getting the go ahead from EMR.

Quote:
ED BOUCHETTE
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
ebouchette@post-gazette.com
FEB 7, 2018 3:56 PM
It apparently wasn’t just Mike Tomlin’s decision to waive James Harrison off the Steelers with two games left in the season.

“We had discussions about James over the course of the season, and I’ll just say it was a disappointment,’’ said team president Art Rooney II Wednesday. “I mean, James’ career here I would have hoped to have it end a different way.”

Harrison, 39, played in only 40 snaps all season and did not even play in half the games. After the Steelers released their all-time sack leader and 2008 NFL defensive player of the year just after they played the Patriots, he signed with New England and played in the Super Bowl.

After he signed with the Patriots, several teammates said he slept during meetings, pouted and was generally not a good teammate.

“I’ll say there’s probably blame on both sides of the fence on that one,’’ Rooney said, “but that’s the way it turned out.

“In terms of him going to New England, when you make a decision to let a player go you know somebody can pick him up. You can’t sit here and worry too much about where he might go from here once you’ve made the decision you’re better off moving on.”

If indeed his teammates’ criticisms were true, couldn’t’ the Steelers have put him on a reserve list for conduct detrimental to the team, thus preventing him from going to the Patriots?

“I don’t want to go into details of what was discussed about it,’’ Rooney said. “I’ll just say that it’s disappointing when you have a player that has the kind of career James had here to have it end this way. These things happen sometimes, you’d rather it not have it happen that way but that’s where we wound up.”

Lest there is any doubt that The Douchebag Art II should be allowed nowhere near a football field or a roster. WHAT a fuckin' dick!! Doesn't think it all about where the player will go to once released!!