It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm 

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Rooney-Ben-Roethlisberger-wants-to-play-beyond-the-2019-season-114814049

Also saw reported that Art II wants to extend him.

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger has every intention to be the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback going into the next decade.

Speaking to a handful of reporters on Wednesday, Steelers owner Art Rooney II confirmed that Big Ben wants to play beyond his current contract that is set to expire at the end of the 2019 season, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Rooney added that the Steelers will look to get Roethlisberger an extension before his current contract expires.

Rooney's announcement confirms what several players said shortly after the 2017 season came to an end with regard to Big Ben's future plans. Unlike the previous year, Roethlisberger quickly announced that he would return for the 2018 season minutes after Pittsburgh's season-ending loss to the Jaguars in the AFC divisional round. Big Ben told 93.7 The Fan last month that he has only committed to playing in 2018 and will continue to evaluate his career on a yearly basis.

Roethlisberger enjoyed another strong season in 2017, throwing for 4,251 yards with 28 touchdowns against 14 interceptions last season. He became the first quarterback in NFL history to lose a playoff game despite throwing five touchdowns in Pittsburgh's 45-42 loss to the Jaguars. Roethlisberger is also top-10 all-time in career passing yards, completions and touchdown passes.

Big Ben, who will celebrate his 36th birthday next month, is trying to join Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw as the only quarterbacks in NFL history with at least three Super Bowl victories.

Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:49 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Bolt/Rooney-Ben-Roethlisberger-wants-to-play-beyond-the-2019-season-114814049

Also saw reported that Art II wants to extend him.

Quote:
Ben Roethlisberger has every intention to be the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback going into the next decade.

Speaking to a handful of reporters on Wednesday, Steelers owner Art Rooney II confirmed that Big Ben wants to play beyond his current contract that is set to expire at the end of the 2019 season, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Rooney added that the Steelers will look to get Roethlisberger an extension before his current contract expires.

Rooney's announcement confirms what several players said shortly after the 2017 season came to an end with regard to Big Ben's future plans. Unlike the previous year, Roethlisberger quickly announced that he would return for the 2018 season minutes after Pittsburgh's season-ending loss to the Jaguars in the AFC divisional round. Big Ben told 93.7 The Fan last month that he has only committed to playing in 2018 and will continue to evaluate his career on a yearly basis.

Roethlisberger enjoyed another strong season in 2017, throwing for 4,251 yards with 28 touchdowns against 14 interceptions last season. He became the first quarterback in NFL history to lose a playoff game despite throwing five touchdowns in Pittsburgh's 45-42 loss to the Jaguars. Roethlisberger is also top-10 all-time in career passing yards, completions and touchdown passes.

Big Ben, who will celebrate his 36th birthday next month, is trying to join Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw as the only quarterbacks in NFL history with at least three Super Bowl victories.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN ASST COACH BEN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:52 pm 

Hallelujah.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^(I'm singing that in my head)

:D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm 

*cums

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:53 pm 

Interesting that all this happens after Haley is shown the door. I think it's obvious he and Ben had irreconcilable differences. I'd also say that it's most likely not all Haley's fault for that either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Interesting that all this happens after Haley is shown the door. I think it's obvious he and Ben had irreconcilable differences. I'd also say that it's most likely not all Haley's fault for that either.

They tried to work it out, seems that once they resigned the wall up between Haley and Ben, with Fichtner, the stress seemed to go away.

Haley is a total idiot. Can't see his time in Cleveland proving results other than more stress

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:22 pm 

Ben better work on some serious conditioning.

...and quick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:37 pm 

ben is suffering with bradyitus!! lol wants to play forever now.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:09 pm 

So which is it?

A. Ben believes the Steelers can win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC.
B. Ben knows the Steelers will never win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC, and he is okay with that.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:20 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
So which is it?

B. Ben knows the Steelers will never win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC, and he is okay with that.

C. Ben believes he’s so good that he will win another Super Bowl despite Tomlin.

We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye. -Clark W. Griswald
#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
So which is it?

C. Ben believes he’s so good that he will win another Super Bowl despite Tomlin.

Nope, that's A.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 pm 

This will be very upsetting news for Chicagosteel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:18 pm 

Somebody buy his wife Brady's cookbook but redact the nonsense about nightshades and 25 glasses of water a day.

Better yet, get him on something keto-ish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:29 am 

Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 am 

TB wrote:
Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.

You know Ben... hates to say anything bad about anyone that he really has bad stuff to say about. Just remember what he said about his OL in 2008. I think last year was TOTALLY about Haley.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 am 

I’m pretty sure you aren’t supposed to drink 25 glasses of water a day.

That quack doctor TB12 uses is a jabroni.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:52 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:

You know Ben... hates to say anything bad about anyone that he really has bad stuff to say about. Just remember what he said about his OL in 2008. I think last year was TOTALLY about Haley.

Yeah, that's just Ben being Ben, and ultimately it led to the result he wanted with Haley let go.

Baltostiller wrote:
I can agree to disagree without calling another post "assholic" Maybe you should do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 am 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/advent ... 12-method/

Yes, Brady's diet is stupid and the only reason he isn't overhydrating is he adds electrolytes to the water.

How about something simple for Ben like no sugar no grain for a while?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 am 

The CTE stuff is interesting. And, as it relates to the whole QB sneak thing, it DOES demonstrate that Ben will lie, or at least exagerrate or be deceptive. I think his CTE concerns are real, but other than getting earholed on a sneak it's not enough of a concern for him to retire....it could be a case of one more concussion and he's done.

But thrilled to hear he wants to play beyond 2020. Brady, Favre and Brees all throwing the ball well into their late 30's/early 40's. Manning, who knows without the injury and surgeries. Hopefully Ben starts a better offseason conditioning program....although there's clearly an argument to be made that the slow start had more to do with Haley, because despite all the bellyaching about Ben's offseason program he's rarely started slowly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 pm 

Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.

I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:11 pm 

fortythree wrote:

Something definitely was off those first 6-7 games. I don't know if it was a lack of preseason reps, playcalling or just a lot of new faces. Probably all of the above. Rogers was MIA pretty much the entire year. Took the WHOLE year for Bryant to get back. MacDonald was hurt most of the year. JuJu was a rookie. Bell sat out and took 3-4 games to get back to speed. And that's why JJ was your #2 receiver the first half of the year. Outside of AB, all of that certainly explains your QB being off 6 inches on some of his throws.

But like I said, we have the "lazy slob" critique almost every year but I can't remember him starting slowly any other year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I do wish that Ben would do more than kayak in the offseason in terms of getting his body ready for the season, however. Especially now that he's getting older.

I don't think it's the arm or throwing that's the issue. But, yeah, as he gets older it's going to get harder and harder to bounce back physically and use camp to get into game shape.

Would like to see him doing some footwork and running development. The Ben that did some scrambling late in the year was vintage. You have to make the defense respect that you'll run for that 5-10 yards for the first.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I don't think it's the arm or throwing that's the issue. But, yeah, as he gets older it's going to get harder and harder to bounce back physically and use camp to get into game shape.

Would like to see him doing some footwork and running development. The Ben that did some scrambling late in the year was vintage. You have to make the defense respect that you'll run for that 5-10 yards for the first.

Exactly. Do some cardio, shed some fat. Be more nimble.

On the other hand, watching fat Ben lumber is one of the great joys of watching his late career. Always good for a chuckle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:21 pm 

Hopefully the “pick six” play the offense seemed to become fond of running left with Haley’s playbook...