It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Harrison with pressure off the edge.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:41 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
It occurs to me that Tomlin probably didn't just up and cut Harrison, he probably ran it past Colbert and Rooney, so it's probably not just Tomlin to be angry at but the three of them.

That's fine. I've been pissed, with no interruption, at The Douchebag Art II ever since he gave away Santonio Holmes for a bucket of mud. Colbert? Okay...I'll be pissed at him, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
It occurs to me that Tomlin probably didn't just up and cut Harrison, he probably ran it past Colbert and Rooney, so it's probably not just Tomlin to be angry at but the three of them.

That's fine. I've been pissed, with no interruption, at The Douchebag Art II ever since he gave away Santonio Holmes for a bucket of mud. Colbert? Okay...I'll be pissed at him, too.

I remember you had a list of grievances against Art II, and I agree with it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:48 pm 

Who fucking cares, anymore.

Harrison wouldn't have put the Steelers over the top in the Divisional. He made zero difference in the Patriots run. Be mad at Tomlin or Colbert or Rooney for an utterly inconsequential move all you want. It's irrelevant and so was James Harrison.

This is literally bitching just to bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:52 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:

Harrison wouldn't have put the Steelers over the top in the Divisional. He made zero difference in the Patriots run. Be mad at Tomlin or Colbert or Rooney for an utterly inconsequential move all you want. It's irrelevant and so was James Harrison.

You continue to miss the point.

The bitching, at least mine, doesn't stem from any sense that Harrison would have been helpful to the Steelers....rather, that he WAS helpful to the Patriots. He improved a very weak front 7. Tomlin made a move to strengthen his top adversary. What a dumbfuck!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:

The bitching, at least mine, doesn't stem from any sense that Harrison would have been helpful to the Steelers....rather, that he WAS helpful to the Patriots. He improved a very weak front 7. Tomlin made a move to strengthen his top adversary. What a dumbfuck!!

I'm with you 100%, Swiss. Have been from the day he was cut. If Tomlin was going to cut him, he should have shelved him, instead.

But, the bottom line is that Harrison wasn't very good and was mostly irrelevant. I'm not defending Tomlin, but I doubt he had any fears of where Harrison would land and it turns out he was right.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:14 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:

C’mon Swiss...Pats won the Super Bowl a year ago. Made it back but lost this year. Did he really improve them that much?
Very minor upgrade, IMO.
There’s a lot to bitch about regarding Tomlin...this is far down on the list.
Here’s the way I look at Harrison...
Cowher cut him...signs with arch rival Rats.
Team let’s him hit FA...signs with arch rival Bungs.
Tomlin cuts him...signs with arch rival Cheats.
Harrison has/had the right to sign with whatever organization he wished...those three are the ones he chose. Great football player...yes. Great Steeler...no fucking way!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:16 pm 

I have little doubt that 1) if we still had James against the Jags and 2) Tomlin played James against the Jags (one of which we didn't and the other being unlikely even if we did) James could have helped out at some level because, quite frankly, our edge and run defense couldn't have been much worse. In fact, if we had 1) signed a 3 foot midget with herpes the day before the Jags game and 2) Tomlin played said midget against the Jags he could have helped out at some level because, quite frankly, our edge and run defense couldn't have been much worse. Unfortunately, we will never know if James or a midget would have helped.

That being said, James had no presence in the Super Bowl. He only showed up on TV because the broadcast kept forcing him on the viewing audience. They obviously had some pre-planned and hoped for story about how the Steelers cut James, he got picked up by the savvy Patriots and the elder LB made good in the Super Bowl demonstrating the greatness of the Pats and said elder LB. They kept forcing shots of James and talking about him when, frankly, he wasn't doing anything a. They weren't doing that on the other side of the defense. Forced story where they had nothing to show but kept trying and showed us the nothing over and over. If you take out the meaningless shots and announcer jabber on James there was nothing to see.

I don't like how James forced his exit. Don't like how Tomlin couldn't find a few plays for him either. Quite frankly, the whole thing was a shit show. And I'll admit I was kind of happy to see James do shit in the Super Bowl. But, he is one of my favorite Steelers of the last decade, I'll get over my shitty attitude about how it ended and life will go on. And James won't give a crap either way. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:13 pm 

Steel Reign wrote:
I have little doubt that 1) if we still had James against the Jags and 2) Tomlin played James against the Jags (one of which we didn't and the other being unlikely even if we did) James could have helped out at some level because, quite frankly, our edge and run defense couldn't have been much worse. In fact, if we had 1) signed a 3 foot midget with herpes the day before the Jags game and 2) Tomlin played said midget against the Jags he could have helped out at some level because, quite frankly, our edge and run defense couldn't have been much worse. Unfortunately, we will never know if James or a midget would have helped.

That being said, James had no presence in the Super Bowl. He only showed up on TV because the broadcast kept forcing him on the viewing audience. They obviously had some pre-planned and hoped for story about how the Steelers cut James, he got picked up by the savvy Patriots and the elder LB made good in the Super Bowl demonstrating the greatness of the Pats and said elder LB. They kept forcing shots of James and talking about him when, frankly, he wasn't doing anything a. They weren't doing that on the other side of the defense. Forced story where they had nothing to show but kept trying and showed us the nothing over and over. If you take out the meaningless shots and announcer jabber on James there was nothing to see.

I don't like how James forced his exit. Don't like how Tomlin couldn't find a few plays for him either. Quite frankly, the whole thing was a shit show. And I'll admit I was kind of happy to see James do shit in the Super Bowl. But, he is one of my favorite Steelers of the last decade, I'll get over my shitty attitude about how it ended and life will go on. And James won't give a crap either way. :)

I don’t know.

They played Harrison a ton in the second half of the Baltimore game, and the Ravens’ run game continued to gash us.

He did nothing that day...he didn’t stop the Eagles’ run game on Sunday.

I see nothing that says he would have helped against Jax.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Steel Reign wrote:

I don’t know.

They played Harrison a ton in the second half of the Baltimore game, and the Ravens’ run game continued to gash us.

He did nothing that day...he didn’t stop the Eagles’ run game on Sunday.

I see nothing that says he would have helped against Jax.

He was a JAG and nothing more.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:47 am 

If we would have beat Jax and lost to NE (which would have happened), there wouldn’t be one Tomlin / Cobert/ Rooney apologist posting on this thread, defending this ridiculous move. That’s back to back years where our organization couldn’t handle how to manage a player who ended up in NE and helping them go to the Super Bowl.

Let’s not even talk about the players we wouldn’t even consider adding that helped NE get to SB’s.....Randy Moss comes to mind.

Stale bread - Where Art2 Thou?

Last edited by Suwanee88 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:48 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
If we would have beat Jax and lost to NE (which would have happened), there wouldn’t be one Tomlin / Cobert/ Rooney apologist posting on this thread about this move.

Not convinced we would have lost.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:21 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:

C’mon Swiss...Pats won the Super Bowl a year ago. Made it back but lost this year. Did he really improve them that much?
Very minor upgrade, IMO.
There’s a lot to bitch about regarding Tomlin...this is far down on the list.

Here’s the way I look at Harrison...
Cowher cut him...signs with arch rival Rats.
Team let’s him hit FA...signs with arch rival Bungs.
Tomlin cuts him...signs with arch rival Cheats.
Harrison has/had the right to sign with whatever organization he wished...those three are the ones he chose. Great football player...yes. Great Steeler...no fucking way!

Regardless of the degree of upgrade, the Head Coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers being complicit in improving the New England Patriots, on the eve of the NFL Playoffs, is inexcusable...and this sort of dumbfuckery isn't far down the list, IMO, it's the essence of Mike Tomlin.

Three years ago, he gives away LeGarrette Blount...who ends the season posing with the Lombardi Trophy, and exacerbates the situation by ignoring the need for capable backup to LBell. Consequently, his team goes into a home playoff game starting a running back that was last seen on his couch the preceding Sunday.

This guy, Tomlin, dumbshit moves, ignores the need, like a dumbshit, to make necessary moves.

The quality of Harrison's play during the playoffs isn't really the issue....more the issue is Tomlin having provided his self-described main rival, with an asset that had the possibility of improving them to any extent.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
If we would have beat Jax and lost to NE (which would have happened), there wouldn’t be one Tomlin / Cobert/ Rooney apologist posting on this thread, defending this ridiculous move. That’s back to back years where our organization couldn’t handle how to manage a player who ended up in NE and helping them go to the Super Bowl.

Let’s not even talk about the players we wouldn’t even consider adding that helped NE get to SB’s.....Randy Moss comes to mind.

Nobody is defending the move in this thread either.

And Blount was four years ago, not two years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
If we would have beat Jax and lost to NE (which would have happened), there wouldn’t be one Tomlin / Cobert/ Rooney apologist posting on this thread about this move.

Not convinced we would have lost.

High probability

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:26 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Yes they are. They are discounting the move which is a form of defending the Steelers. Two, Three, Four years, I don’t care. Multiple SB assists.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:09 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

Yes they are. They are discounting the move which is a form of defending the Steelers. Two, Three, Four years, I don’t care. Multiple SB assists.

No they’re not.

It’s not our fault you have binary thinking.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:05 pm 

But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:12 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post

my new sig

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:

If the fence post was being a blowhard on a subject about which he was completely wrong...then yes I would.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

If the fence post was being a blowhard on a subject about which he was completely wrong...then yes I would.

If I had to guess, There isn’t a dude on this site that I’d put up against you in a blow hard contest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:32 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

If I had to guess, There isn’t a dude on this site that I’d put up against you in a blow hard contest.

You should be honored. You replaced Bill Walsh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:25 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:

my new sig

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:25 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:

Um, turn in your Steelers fan card at the door.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

Oh, I read too fast, I thought it was Jeemie making that his new sig.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:09 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

Oh, I read too fast, I thought it was Jeemie making that his new sig.
no. I was going to make it my sig 8-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next