It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben wants to play beyond 2019
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
So which is it?

A. Ben believes the Steelers can win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC.
B. Ben knows the Steelers will never win another super bowl with Tomlin as HC, and he is okay with that.

C. Ben believes he’s so good that he will win another Super Bowl despite Tomlin.

Nope, that's A.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 pm 

This will be very upsetting news for Chicagosteel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:18 pm 

Somebody buy his wife Brady's cookbook but redact the nonsense about nightshades and 25 glasses of water a day.

Better yet, get him on something keto-ish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:29 am 

Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 am 

TB wrote:
Gotta admit, I love to hear he's planning on playing beyond 2019, but a little disappointed in how obvious this was more about Haley than anything else.

Last year he's talking about how he's worried about CTE, how he and his wife will have conversations going forward about his future, how he's going to evaluate it year to year, he's wanting to make sure he's able to have a life with his family beyond football, and after this year Haley hasn't even gotten to the airport yet and he's all, "Nah guys, I'm good for three more years at least." Just really makes his comments he made last offseason come off as completely disingenuous.

You know Ben... hates to say anything bad about anyone that he really has bad stuff to say about. Just remember what he said about his OL in 2008. I think last year was TOTALLY about Haley.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 am 

I’m pretty sure you aren’t supposed to drink 25 glasses of water a day.

That quack doctor TB12 uses is a jabroni.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:52 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:

You know Ben... hates to say anything bad about anyone that he really has bad stuff to say about. Just remember what he said about his OL in 2008. I think last year was TOTALLY about Haley.

Yeah, that's just Ben being Ben, and ultimately it led to the result he wanted with Haley let go.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 am 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/advent ... 12-method/

Yes, Brady's diet is stupid and the only reason he isn't overhydrating is he adds electrolytes to the water.

How about something simple for Ben like no sugar no grain for a while?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:26 am 

The CTE stuff is interesting. And, as it relates to the whole QB sneak thing, it DOES demonstrate that Ben will lie, or at least exagerrate or be deceptive. I think his CTE concerns are real, but other than getting earholed on a sneak it's not enough of a concern for him to retire....it could be a case of one more concussion and he's done.

But thrilled to hear he wants to play beyond 2020. Brady, Favre and Brees all throwing the ball well into their late 30's/early 40's. Manning, who knows without the injury and surgeries. Hopefully Ben starts a better offseason conditioning program....although there's clearly an argument to be made that the slow start had more to do with Haley, because despite all the bellyaching about Ben's offseason program he's rarely started slowly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:58 pm 

Yeah Ben's diet hindered his play this season. He was total garbage and was lucky the team won in spite of him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next