It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33 pm 

Another night, another Pens win.

*yawn*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 pm 

Kopitar gave up on that empty net goal. Sure looked like he had a chance to get back and check Malkin, and instead loafed towards the puck. We'll take it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 pm 

Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:51 pm 

Ice wrote:
I've always thought Carter Rowney was pretty below average, and could be easily replaced at the deadline for a mid round pick.

That was too unrealistic. A mid round pick? He's waiver wire fodder (scores hat trick next game).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.

:D :D
getting that familiar mojo..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 am 

Kessel, Geno,and Sid all tied for 4th in league scoring at 66 a piece (Kucherov leads with 76).

Malkin is second in the league in goals with 32 (Ovechkin has 34).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:36 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kopitar gave up on that empty net goal. Sure looked like he had a chance to get back and check Malkin, and instead loafed towards the puck. We'll take it.

If you are assigning blame you should mention Iafallo who was closer to the net and did just as little.

I would argue that Kopitar was the best player on the ice last night. Certainly he was the hardest to play against.

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Kessel, Geno,and Sid all tied for 4th in league scoring at 66 a piece (Kucherov leads with 76).

Which means they probably cancel each other out when it comes to MVP consideration. I would still pick Kessel as the Pens player for such.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 am 

I don't really get the impression anyone is really even thinking about MVP consideration, to be honest.

I know I haven't heard it mentioned at all in the circle of friends I talk to about hockey. I haven't seen any mentions of it in the media that I read (which admittedly isn't much).

I honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I made that post.

Personally, I think that's all a good thing, as I think everyone (fans and players) are only focused on winning as many games as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

If you are assigning blame you should mention Iafallo who was closer to the net and did just as little.

I would argue that Kopitar was the best player on the ice last night. Certainly he was the hardest to play against.

Which means they probably cancel each other out when it comes to MVP consideration. I would still pick Kessel as the Pens player for such.

Iafallo at least tried to check Rust, didn't he? Kopitar must have been out of gas, because he glided in the "controller disconnected" mode.

Agreed, though, that Kopitar played great otherwise. He and Sid had a nice battle going.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:47 pm 

I don't really get the impression anyone is really even thinking about MVP consideration, to be honest.

I know I haven't heard it mentioned at all in the circle of friends I talk to about hockey. I haven't seen any mentions of it in the media that I read (which admittedly isn't much).

I honestly wasn't even thinking about it when I made that post.

Personally, I think that's all a good thing, as I think everyone (fans and players) are only focused on winning as many games as possible.

It's that time of the year when MVP talk starts up.

No clear cut favorite this year. Kucherov is probably the favorite though.
Couturier probably is the most improved-biggest surprise of the season.

And is it important to players, fans and teams? You bet, otherwise why would the Pens organization put banners up celebrating MVP's and league scoring champions?

I get it, this club is about winning championships and I'll wager none of the top three are worried about winning secondary things at this time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next