It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4924
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I would imagine he puts a hotel or an airbnb on his card and goes from there. I couldn't imagine it, either, but my reality, and more importantly my bankroll, are very different from his. Plus, dude travels literally all the time. Gotta be used to living out of a suitcase at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3004
Phaneuf might miss the game due to immigration issues. Little blurb on NHL.com about it.

Anyway, get to watch one of my favorite NHL players tonight-Kopitar. Usually he and Malkin are a great match.

Penguins projected lineup
Zach Aston-Reese -- Sidney Crosby -- Conor Sheary

Carl Hagelin -- Evgeni Malkin -- Bryan Rust

Jake Guentzel -- Riley Sheahan -- Phil Kessel

Dominik Simon -- Carter Rowney -- Ryan Reaves

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang

Olli Maatta -- Justin Schultz

Ian Cole -- Jamie Oleksiak

Matt Murray

Tristan Jarry

Scratched: Chad Ruhwedel, Matt Hunwick, Teddy Blueger

Injured: Patric Hornqvist (lower body), Tom Kuhnhackl (lower body)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4528
Fantastic... more Rowney and Reaves.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1765
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.

He's married to Elisha Cuthbert. I'd assume they have a place out in LA already.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
Pabst wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:
Phaneuf enjoyed a nice little ad-hoc vacation in Pittsburgh as the Senators traded him in the middle of our game to the Kings.

Which, I thought was a little weird. Wouldn't he have wanted to fly back to Ottawa to take care of some things for his move to LA, seeing how Ottawa is a pretty short flight from Pittsburgh? Maybe pack or something? Maybe he's doing that after this game or after playing Buffalo on Saturday?

Even if the Kings are taking care of the logistics of that actual move, I'd still want to be back there to collect some things and make sure everything is packed appropriately.

I dunno. I couldn't imagine leaving my house one day, finding out I'd be living in another city on the other side of the continent the next day, and not wanting to immediately go home to prepare. But I also don't spend 50% of time on the road, either.

He's married to Elisha Cuthbert. I'd assume they have a place out in LA already.


Ahh, yeah, that could be true. Lucky dog.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
Cuthbert is hot. For sure.

Go Pens; keep the points rolling in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 917
So far Reaves has missed a breakaway and committed a fucking terrible offensive zone penalty. So much accomplished and to think he only has about three minutes of ice time left this game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:
So far Reaves has missed a breakaway and committed a fucking terrible offensive zone penalty. So much accomplished and to think he only has about three minutes of ice time left this game.


Haha

Brutal to have that puck flutter on Crosby on that 2 on 0 break. This could be a one goal game and that was as good a chance as any


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3004
Phil gets it up on the second PP and its a goal. As much net as Quick has allowed so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
REAVES!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3004
Reaves almost looked like a sniper there...
1-0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 917
Apparently Reaves has a goal in him!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
Haha and hacksaw goes nuts!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3004
Nice deflection there Kris. Sometimes his head is so far up his ass.
1-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4924
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Sometimes looks like the best we can hope for this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
fractalsteel wrote:
Nice deflection there Kris. Sometimes his head is so far up his ass.
1-1


Seriously. He’s such a shell of his former self. Like the goddamn power cord is unplugged.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 3004
Whipping boys 2
LA 1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
Tanger!

Keep talking shit about our guys, fellas. It’s working wonders!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4924
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
I've always thought Carter Rowney was pretty below average, and could be easily replaced at the deadline for a mid round pick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:55 pm
Posts: 1944
Another night, another Pens win.

*yawn*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16809
Kopitar gave up on that empty net goal. Sure looked like he had a chance to get back and check Malkin, and instead loafed towards the puck. We'll take it.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9794
Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Posts: 917
Ice wrote:
I've always thought Carter Rowney was pretty below average, and could be easily replaced at the deadline for a mid round pick.


That was too unrealistic. A mid round pick? He's waiver wire fodder (scores hat trick next game).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Kings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm
Posts: 10709
Orangesteel wrote:
Team is coming on HOT. Look out, bitches.


:D :D
getting that familiar mojo..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group