It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reuben Foster to the Can
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:00 pm 

I think you missed the part where I talked about doing it legally.

Point remains: up and moving someplace and legally becoming a citizen is not easy. The why don't you leave the country response is silly.

Not a chance in Germany, RS. Not a chance. Zee German philosophers are coming HERE for work.

But to get legal status working in a bicycle shop in Germany is not happening either.

I don't actually want to leave.

But I do truly love zee Germans. Cologne is faveorite city of mine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 am 

From 2011. . .

Quote:
1. Exxon Mobil made19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings.

2. Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, although it made $4.4 billion in profits and received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department of nearly $1 trillion.

3. Over the past five years, while General Electric made $26 billion in profits in the United States, it received a $4.1 billion refund from the IRS.

4. Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

5. Boeing, which received a $30 billion contract from the Pentagon to build 179 airborne tankers, got a $124 million refund from the IRS last year.

6. Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction.

7. Goldman Sachs in 2008 only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department.

8. Citigroup last year made more than4 billion in profits but paid no federal income taxes. It received a $2.5 trillion bailout from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury.

9. Conoco Phillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2007 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction.

10. Over the past five years, Carnival Cruise Lines made more than $11 billion in profits, but its federal income tax rate during those years was just 1.1 percent.
Quote:
57 Fortune 500 corporations have their home headquarters in California, and they all do business in this state, yet it is unclear if any are paying their full taxes here. For instance, Apple computer avoided paying most of its state taxes to California by moving its investment wing to Nevada, and Intel has done the same by locating its finance department (Intel Capital) in the Cayman Islands. Thus, as California has led the way in the high-tech global economy, its corporations have used new technologies to simply avoid paying state and federal taxes. In fact, many of these corporations use a loophole in our tax code to declare their profits in countries that charge a low tax rate. So even if companies stay in California and use the schools, police, and roads of the Golden State, they claim that their revenue was generated in another country.
From here : https://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-samu ... 46143.html

I realize the link is as toxic as breitbart or fauxnewz, but corporate welfare is real. Deal with it instead of looking to scapegoat to some fuckhead that games the system for peanuts vs one that games the system for billions, if not trillions. Corporations are individuals, after all. Right?

Last edited by COR-TEN on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 am 

Still Lit wrote:
I think you missed the part where I talked about doing it legally.

Point remains: up and moving someplace and legally becoming a citizen is not easy. The why don't you leave the country response is silly.

Not a chance in Germany, RS. Not a chance. Zee German philosophers are coming HERE for work.

But to get legal status working in a bicycle shop in Germany is not happening either.

I don't actually want to leave.

But I do truly love zee Germans. Cologne is faveorite city of mine.
More false equivalencies and double standards. Not you, but the argument is bullshit that you can just move to another country and "choose" to lead a different life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 am 

Liberal state gone insane. But who cares it's not their money they give away. Must be nice to have that much excess money laying around doing nothing that you can just hand it out no questions asked. Really?

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/califor ... 00692.html

I admit on the surface it's a great thing to do for those that can really use it. Also, charity makes you feel good as the giver. Good for you. How will this inspire folks to get out of their rut? I think folks will just rely on it as extra welfare.

I was always taught that being given something was great. Never take it for granted. To earn something was even better. Learning how to sacrifice and make your way until you reached that accomplishment means you'll not only remember the lesson you'll have a much higher respect for yourself and your existence. Earn it. Don't come to expect it. People all too often develop a sense of entitlement and come to expect it. That's what I see here. Given something for nothing eventually the mentality will become, you have it to give me; I expect it everytime now. I'm entitled to it just by breathing the same atmosphere you do. Very self destructive. Kind of contrary to what it's being implemented for, right? Starts out good natured but usually spins out of control into a destructive result.

The post above Ten is very telling of a corrupt government system. Doing favors for the wealthiest for favors in return. Hmmm.... been like that since the 1870's. When will the American People wake the fuck up?!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 am 

Still Lit wrote:
R S wrote:
This a similar argument I hear when someone says "not my president" "this country is full of idiots and is doomed" "resist" . Then they are aghast when someone offers advice that they should simply move to a country that is more in line with what they think is correct.

To which a plausible, possibly sensible response is: if you think I can just up and move to a different country and stay there legally so that I can enjoy those rights that I applaud, you are ill informed.

It's pretty easy to move from CA to WY. It's hard as fuck to move from CA to Deutschland. I would love to live in Berlin. Not happening. Unless you are a war refugee. :shock:

Come on now.. I lived in Deutschland for 14 years.. then Italy for 6... It was super easy... Loved every minute I was there.. I also love every minute I am here in the USA.. Most of all In 5 years I will be back in Pennsylvania for the remainder of my life..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm 

Tundralag wrote:
Come on now.. I lived in Deutschland for 14 years.. then Italy for 6... It was super easy... Loved every minute I was there.. I also love every minute I am here in the USA.. Most of all In 5 years I will be back in Pennsylvania for the remainder of my life..

What did you do for a living there that was not military related?

My understanding, practically speaking from my time there, is that unless you are a war refugee, you better have some skills zee Germans need. I do not possess the skills.

If you were a computer engineer or some such that a company could not fill from the population pool, cool.

But I'm talking about becoming a legal citizen, not a resident worker.

East Berlin, Alexanderplatz in the Springtime is AMAZING.

I also have a recurring dream of setting up a burger-stand in Florence, Italy and somehow living there. Sipping cappuccinos outside the Uffizi. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:45 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Tundralag wrote:

What did you do for a living there that was not military related?

My understanding, practically speaking from my time there, is that unless you are a war refugee, you better have some skills zee Germans need. I do not possess the skills.

If you were a computer engineer or some such that a company could not fill from the population pool, cool.

But I'm talking about becoming a legal citizen, not a resident worker.

East Berlin, Alexanderplatz in the Springtime is AMAZING.

I also have a recurring dream of setting up a burger-stand in Florence, Italy and somehow living there. Sipping cappuccinos outside the Uffizi. :lol:

Yep 10 years there as Military.. 4 years as an army contractor doing Army computer Simulations the Germans called us Technical experts or exempt.. Required a US Secret or TS clearance.. Italy time was a GS employee..

as for East Berlin etc... you are correct... I had the opportunity as a card carrying German Jager to hunt all over Germany and the former East block countries.. that was amazing.. some of the best hunting in the world. Nothing better than starting the day 3 hours before sunrise, walking up the alps beyond the tree line and hunting Gams..(mountain goats) on the cliff faces..

I will always remember shortly after the wall coming down, when driving from west to east... was like going from color to black and white..

I would not trade one second of that time for anything..

BTW I had my 30th wedding anniversary in Florence.. That was a great time and great city..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
From 2011. . .

Quote:
[i]1. Exxon Mobil

From here : https://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-samu ... 46143.html

I realize the link is as toxic as breitbart or fauxnewz, but corporate welfare is real.

LMFAO, again. Cherry-picking a year or two to "prove" a point that is just flat wrong, from a HuffPo article no less written by someone who probably knows even less about the issue.

It's a FACT that corporate taxes are @ 10% of federal revenues, or roughly $350B a year give or take. Obviously much lower in CA, where the top income rates are around 13% and have fewer C Corps being taxed as corporations. It's a FACT that the vast majority of companies (not sure of the number, probably 95%) have ZERO corporate taxes, because they are pass-thru entities where all income is taxed ONCE at the individual level (as it should be).

Simply taking less of someone's money is not anyone's definition of welfare, except a liberal politician. It's nothing more than a wedge issue as, again, all corporate gains are utlimately distributed to the shareholder where they are taxed either as ordinary or capital gains.

And when you cry about not taxing corporations more, realize that you're advocating to increase taxes on A LOT of very average folks who own shares in those companies in pensions, retirement accounts and mutual funds.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 pm 

crickets

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:56 am 

R S wrote:
crickets

I get that a lot when arguing with libtards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next