It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Agency
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:48 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
Wait, players are motivated by money?

This is crazy.....I thought Bell was gonna take a hometown discount to play for a SB?

Le'Veon always gonna Le'Veon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:10 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Le'Veon always gonna Le'Veon

The more I think about it, the more I believe they need to trade Bell. He's the guy that has some value, and might be gone after this year.

Because Colbert has usually done well in R1 and R2, but they've rarely gone into a draft so desperate at 3 positions, all on defense. If Bell and his money can get you two solid defensive guys (for a year, cap-wise anyway), and maybe you somehow sign Hyde... Then the draft is pretty wide open.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:14 am 

Not sure if folks looked at Coleman as an option at safety here? Saints sign S Kurt Coleman 3 year deal. https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/stat ... 8410779648

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:36 pm 

I've been looking at the IBL FA market and I think Todd Davis, ILB with the Broncos might be the best option to fill Shazier's role. Who knows if Shazier will be able to play in 2019 (kind of doubt it), but Davis is a smart choice because he's 25, just starting to blossom and is trending to be very good in the next year or two. I'm guessing he could be had for maybe 4 years, $18 mill with $6-8 guaranteed. If Shazier somehow miraculously comes back at full strength in two years then a guy like Davis with probably not too much G $ is a smart short term play, imo. Hopefully the PS see it the same way. I know they'll do something before the draft to fill that spot, KC always does.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:54 pm 

kC will add a FA Linebacker early in FA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:21 pm 

DP39 wrote:
I've been looking at the IBL FA market and I think Todd Davis, ILB with the Broncos might be the best option to fill Shazier's role. Who knows if Shazier will be able to play in 2019 (kind of doubt it), but Davis is a smart choice because he's 25, just starting to blossom and is trending to be very good in the next year or two. I'm guessing he could be had for maybe 4 years, $18 mill with $6-8 guaranteed. If Shazier somehow miraculously comes back at full strength in two years then a guy like Davis with probably not too much G $ is a smart short term play, imo. Hopefully the PS see it the same way. I know they'll do something before the draft to fill that spot, KC always does.

Apparently Denver is letting him go because he can't cover worth a crap.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:50 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
DP39 wrote:

Nicki Jhabvala

@NickiJhabvala
Broncos are also going to meet with the agent for ILB Todd Davis today and ILB Corey Nelson on Saturday. Both want to stay in Denver. Asked about Davis yesterday, Elway said they want to keep him. He's expected to test the market first though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:09 am 

Talk that the Steelers are looking to move Sutton to safety.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:58 am 

SOCALSTEEL wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
DP39 wrote:

Nicki Jhabvala

@NickiJhabvala
Broncos are also going to meet with the agent for ILB Todd Davis today and ILB Corey Nelson on Saturday. Both want to stay in Denver. Asked about Davis yesterday, Elway said they want to keep him. He's expected to test the market first though.

Quote:
Primarily, Davis was targeted by opposing offenses in coverage by going empty and running the tailback on certain routes. Davis lacked speed that would enable him to cover most tailbacks out of the backfield.

.@BamBamDavis51 wants to take a step forward in 2017.https://t.co/01NWvO2TT0

— Broncos TV (@BroncosTV) June 1, 2017

With the struggles that come natural on the playing field, so do the positive learning lessons. Living in the shadow and question of replacing Danny Trevathan, Davis focused on bettering himself.

In the journey of self fulfillment, Davis is embracing truth and learning to grow from it.

“It’s huge for me. I think it means that we’re going to tell the truth. By us telling the truth and living by the truth, we’re going to be better. We don’t have to sugarcoat things. We just tell it how it is and we grow from that.” – Todd Davis on what the ‘Truth’ motto means to him (Via Denver Broncos PR)

Davis understood that he struggled in pass coverage and expressed that he has been working hard to improve that area of his game. Davis spoke on his desire to remain on the field in key situations. “I would love to stay on the field during those key third downs and in the down packages. I’m definitely working on my coverage and just trying to have a reason for me to not be off the field”

Surely, knowing that he must improve on his coverage means he understands that he must accomplish that in order to improve his shelf life and value as a member of an elite defense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:59 am 

steelmann58 wrote:
Talk that the Steelers are looking to move Sutton to safety.

It's interesting. It opens up picking BPA Safety OR CB.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 290 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 29  Next