It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Draft Shaq Griffin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 pm 

I think he fits as a purely rush OLB. Seems like you can't really drop him into coverage.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:30 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
I think he fits as a purely rush OLB. Seems like you can't really drop him into coverage.

6 - 27 - 2

You mean the Shaqeem Griffin who had 6 INTS, 27 Pass breakups, 2 pick 6s, and 4.38 speed? That Griffin can't be trusted in coverage?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

6 - 27 - 2

You mean the Shaqeem Griffin who had 6 INTS, 27 Pass breakups, 2 pick 6s, and 4.38 speed? That Griffin can't be trusted in coverage?

My point exactly in my earlier post....... Those who haven't watched him play assume certain things like..he is a feel good story...needs a prosthesis.......couldn't possible cover or catch the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:12 pm 

I actually would worry about him more close to the line of scrimmage than in coverage. The NFL lineman he will face are much faster and stronger than anything he's ever seen. His athleticism gap will be closed and they will know how to use their hands.

Hand fighting is one of the most important things a LB can do. I see him severely hampered at the next level.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:22 pm 

If the dude is excelling now, he's got as good a shot as anyone else. I know a hand seems important, but it's crazy what comes naturally to compensate. I do think it'd be cool if he held the ball with a wooden hand during kicks when it got blown off the tee.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:50 pm 

Good post B2B. He's better than those busts we've drafted in the past like JJ.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

6 - 27 - 2

in all honesty that 4.38 seemed kinda fishy to me, like the clock stopped a whisker too soon, go back and look at it..imho i think hes closer to his 2nd 4.50ish time

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:33 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

6 - 27 - 2

in all honesty that 4.38 seemed kinda fishy to me, like the clock stopped a whisker too soon, go back and look at it..imho i think hes closer to his 2nd 4.50ish time

They showed the video overlay with his twin brother who ran exactly the same time... they looked identical on that run.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:36 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
[They showed the video overlay with his twin brother who ran exactly the same time... they looked identical on that run.

There's on in here with Griffin vs Julio Jones, one vs. Saquon. Time looks legit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:58 am 

="bradshaw2ben"]
GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

6 - 27 - 2

They showed the video overlay with his twin brother who ran exactly the same time... they looked identical on that run.[/quote]

i saw that and looked like his brother finished a whisker ahgead of him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next