It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:52 pm 

He played the last year on his contract and isn't going to be resigned. Has had operations on the achilles on both legs. Is he done or could the Steelers make a run at him. He's 29. Get rid of no touch Arty Farty. Haden and Sherman would be awesome.

Last edited by Steelergenie on Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Seahawks say Bye Bye to Richard Sherman
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:55 pm 

They just traded Bennett to the Eagles as well

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:56 pm 

Steelergenie wrote:
He played the last year on his contract and isn't going to be resigned. Has had operations on the achilles on both legs. Is he done or could the Steelers make a run at him. He's 29. Get rid of no touch Arty Farty. Haden and Sherman would be awesome.

never going to happen, where do you think Steelers are getting cap space for expensive FAs?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:58 pm 

They just restructured AB's contract converting next year's payment to a signing bonus freeing up cap space.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:02 pm 

Can he play safety

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:04 pm 

Surgery on both Achilles??? Dudes likely done....
Pass.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Surgery on both Achilles??? Dudes likely done....
Pass.

Yes, not close to being ready for next season.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:26 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Can he play safety

If he has the wheels to play CB, he should be able to play safety. Plus he's a hitter, not like that quiff Mitchell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 pm 

Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Silver believes the Seahawks are "open for business" on a potential Earl Thomas trade.

Having traded DE Michael Bennett and expected to cut CB Richard Sherman, the Seahawks are blowing it up on defense. DE Cliff Avril and SS Kam Chancellor's futures are in doubt due to career-threatening neck injuries. Thomas is healthy and still playing at an extremely high level, so he would make the least sense to part with. Thomas turns 29 in May. He's made six Pro Bowls in the last seven years.
Source: Chris Wesseling on Twitter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:38 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:
NFL Network's Mike Silver believes the Seahawks are "open for business" on a potential Earl Thomas trade.

Having traded DE Michael Bennett and expected to cut CB Richard Sherman, the Seahawks are blowing it up on defense. DE Cliff Avril and SS Kam Chancellor's futures are in doubt due to career-threatening neck injuries. Thomas is healthy and still playing at an extremely high level, so he would make the least sense to part with. Thomas turns 29 in May. He's made six Pro Bowls in the last seven years.
Source: Chris Wesseling on Twitter

Trade MB for ET. ET at safely and RS at CB. I'm smelling SB bro.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:52 pm 

Would you trade Bryant and a 3rd to Sea for E Thomas?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:53 am 

Might be able to get him for just picks, depends how bad Hawks want to move him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:30 am 

No and No. Thomas is approaching the wrong side of 30 fast. I wouldn't trade Bryant for a guy that is likely to slow way down athletically? On top of the injury history? For what? 1, maybe 2 years? Do the Steelers even have the cap space after a trade? http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... omas-6523/
If they were trading for a guy around the same age as Bryant (25-26) then I would look at it differently.

Richard Sherman is all but done IMHO. Two achilles surgeries? The latest in November of 2017. Are you kidding me? He likely won't be ready to play at the start of the season. That means no camp, OTA's or preseason to acclimate himself on this team. No thanks. Some team may pick him up after his release. I hope it's not the Steelers.

And no way would I try and move Sherman to safety. He may be able to play there but dude is soft tackling. Deion Sanders soft....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:42 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
No and No. Thomas is approaching the wrong side of 30 fast. I wouldn't trade Bryant for a guy that is likely to slow way down athletically? On top of the injury history? For what? 1, maybe 2 years? Do the Steelers even have the cap space after a trade? http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... omas-6523/
If they were trading for a guy around the same age as Bryant (25-26) then I would look at it differently.

Richard Sherman is all but done IMHO. Two achilles surgeries? The latest in November of 2017. Are you kidding me? He likely won't be ready to play at the start of the season. That means no camp, OTA's or preseason to acclimate himself on this team. No thanks. Some team may pick him up after his release. I hope it's not the Steelers.

And no way would I try and move Sherman to safety. He may be able to play there but dude is soft tackling. Deion Sanders soft....

77, I agree about RS being soft. He certainly isn't the "hitter" Genie thinks he is. I might be interested in Tomas for the right deal. He can still play at a top level for a few more years imo, but we would have to use him properly also to get the most out of his talents, and I'm not so sure we would.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:23 am 

DP39 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

77, I agree about RS being soft. He certainly isn't the "hitter" Genie thinks he is. I might be interested in Tomas for the right deal. He can still play at a top level for a few more years imo, but we would have to use him properly also to get the most out of his talents, and I'm not so sure we would.

This^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:46 pm 

Sherman was excellent against the pass and exceptional against the run. Not soft. Tailed off some after the injury.

Last edited by Steelergenie on Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:52 pm 

Sherman's release is official. The Seahawks are definitely blowing up the defense.

Seahawks released CB Richard Sherman.

It's the end of an era in Seattle. The Legion of Boom is undergoing mass overhaul, losing another one of its key elements. Sherman turns 30 later this month and is coming off a torn Achilles' last season. He's not 100 percent yet and also had surgery to remove a bone spur from his other heel earlier this offseason. Sherman will undoubtedly draw plenty of interest on the open market, but he has his question marks. He's largely played zone defense in Seattle, is coming off a serious injury, and is turning 30. The Patriots reportedly poked around on Sherman in trade talks last offseason and likely will have interest again this year after missing out on Aqib Talib. The Seahawks save $11 million in cap space with this move but have a huge hole in the secondary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:18 pm 

Steelergenie wrote:
Sherman was excellent against the pass Ranked #1 for over 300 targets and exceptional against the run. Not soft. Tailed off some after the injury.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:38 pm 

I wonder if our RB/WR extraordinaire could beat Sherman in a foot race.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm 

955876 wrote:
I wonder if our RB/WR extraordinaire could beat Sherman in a foot race.

Right now...I could beat Sherman in a foot race.
And I’m only semi joking... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:51 pm 

Stillcajun wrote:
DP39 wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

This^

I understand your point. Now. How do the Steelers pay him? In ketchup? In the last year of a C2 and I'm sure he'll want another big C3 type payday. No sarca just inquiring minds like to know. :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:24 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I understand your point. Now. How do the Steelers pay him? In ketchup? In the last year of a C2 and I'm sure he'll want another big C3 type payday. No sarca just inquiring minds like to know. :P

It would be difficult, but not impossible. If we do get cap relief for Shaz, and Mitchell, Wilcox and Gay are gone, that's almost $19m right there. Bring back Wilcox for $1-2m (maybe), sign rookie class at $5-6m and there should still be room. I know, lots of ifs, but it could happen. I'm sure it's likely just me window shopping though. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:04 pm 

Payday!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:15 am 

Signs with 49ers for 13M per year for 3 years in incentive laden deal. Too rich for the Steelers. Went in one day.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:05 pm 

how has he signed? is this like a verbal agreement until the 14th?