It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown converts 2018 base salary into signing bon
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:11 pm 

MeanJustinBarlow wrote:
Yeah, there is a ton of money to be created if necessary.

I just went on overthecap.com and exempted shazier, cut Wilcox and extended Ben and it gave us $18M this year BEFORE cutting Mitchell. Plenty of room.

When will they cut both Wilcox and Mitchell?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:08 pm 

Quote:
@TomPelissero
Antonio Brown's restructured contract with the #Steelers frees up $9.7 million in 2018 cap space, source said. Cash is the same. Helps them fit Le'Veon Bell's $14.544M franchise tag under the cap when the league year begins March 14. https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status ... 1178982400
This helps a lot. Thank you Antonio Brown for the cooperation. Now, once they restructure Wilcox and cut Mitchell there's approximately another $5+ Mil.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:23 pm 

Or if they just cut both, that is $8.125 million by letting Wilcox and Mitchell both go.

I don't think anything is going to be done with Shazier. As has been pointed out his $8.7 million 5th year option is fully guaranteed for injury. Ryan is obviously injured, the Steelers have no ability to get out from under paying him that full amount, it is what it is. Also, when was the last time the Commish did us any favors? Look at last season, something as simple as reinstating Bryant back from his year long suspension. I have seen other suspended players fast tracked, made active and able to rejoin the team almost immediately, but with Bryant? It was like the Commish was twisting the knife, making it more difficult than it had to be, taking as long as humanly possible before reinstating Bryant. Remember when he was back with the team (Bryant) in the preseason but we still didn't have word from the Commish in terms of whether or not he would actually be available to play for the regular season? WTF?

So, this douche commissioner is going to turn around and somehow take it easy on us now, and help us with Shazier? I doubt it.

This is the same idiot that suspended Ben with no proof of anything.

The same idiot that used James Harrison and almost made him the poster boy for dirty hits, illegal hits.

The same idiot that used Hines Ward and made him the poster boy for dirty blocks.

Yeah, somehow this guy is going to be nice and help us out with the financial impact of having Shazier injured and not able to play? I will believe it when I see it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:49 am 

As much as I agree with your assessment Scunge I think the Steelers keep one of them. Just how desperate they are right now at the safety position. I've seen something recently where they were said to have interest in restructuring Wilcox's contract. Why I made those comments above including the Pelissero tweet. We will see what they'll do.