It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FA LB - 5 yrs $52M $21 Guaranteed
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:09 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
and have the purge happen the off season after he retires, that next year they will become INSTANT GARBAGE anyways,

Sigh. You keep saying this. Without a franchise QB it is extremely unlikely to win a super bowl, agreed (although teams have done it.) However, not having a franchise QB does NOT mean the Steelers have to be GARBAGE.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:12 pm 

R S wrote:
March 14th, 4pm Dilly Dilly

For 31 NFL teams...two weeks later, Steelers FA dumpster dive period begins.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:05 pm 

Still don't see an ILB worthy of being given a contract like that. :roll:

Me? I take one third of that money and give Kevin Pierre-Louis a 4 year, $18 million contract with a $5 million signing bonus. Yeah, he has some legal trouble to navigate and maybe a suspension but the elite athleticism and on the field play and work ethic and swagger are all there in abundance. So, he misses say the first 4 games to suspension, but after than he would be a great fit and signing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:10 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Still don't see an ILB worthy of being given a contract like that. :roll:

Me? I take one third of that money and give Kevin Pierre-Louis a 4 year, $18 million contract with a $5 million signing bonus. Yeah, he has some legal trouble to navigate and maybe a suspension but the elite athleticism and on the field play and work ethic and swagger [Plus The Really Bad Spot The Steelers Are In @ ILB] are all there in abundance. So, he misses say the first 4 games to suspension, but after than he would be a great fit and signing.

Fixed ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:26 pm 

Except you missed my typo, meant to type 'but after that he would be a great fit and signing' :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:53 am 

It honestly is shocking to me how desperate the Steelers have become at the ILB position just after one unfortunate injury to one player. Kinda makes one question the personnel department. Why wouldn't there be a contingency plan in place? Why haven't there been any personnel moves to shore up that contingency plan? My bad..., Than, That? Same thing brutha. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:55 pm 

I agree about one unfortunate injury. Let us use that sentiment in regards to RBs.

So, what happens if we lose Bell to injury? Is Connor or Fitz going to give us anything close to average performance for the position? Other than Ben, Bell is the one player that can do down to injury, suspension, etc, and we really have this dramatic falloff to the backup. Some might say, add Brown to that list, but you know what?, we do have JuJu and Bryant and Rogers at that position. Yeah, losing Brown would hurt but maybe it would not be devastating.

This is why I want the Steelers to draft a RB high, like round 1 even, this draft. What is the contingency plan in place at RB? Is the plan to count on Connor rehabbing from injury? Or Fitz? The RB position, the depth there might just be the scariest position on the whole roster, even worse than safety.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
and have the purge happen the off season after he retires, that next year they will become INSTANT GARBAGE anyways,

Sigh. You keep saying this. Without a franchise QB it is extremely unlikely to win a super bowl, agreed (although teams have done it.) However, not having a franchise QB does NOT mean the Steelers have to be GARBAGE.

But I wouldn't save cap space to be 7-9 or 9-7, why not be 4-12 and get a very high pick and shot at a top QB in the draft instead?