It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bell to be tagged tomorrow
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:47 am 

I say it time and time again. It might be SBI to let him play out his tag. Run his wheels off in an attempt to get #7. Then cut bait with him after this year. I don't want to give a RB a large contract when he's going to be 27 with the mileage he has.

By the end of this season his best days are behind him. You don't pay a guy for past performance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:06 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
I say it time and time again. It might be SBI to let him play out his tag. Run his wheels off in an attempt to get #7. Then cut bait with him after this year. I don't want to give a RB a large contract when he's going to be 27 with the mileage he has.

By the end of this season his best days are behind him. You don't pay a guy for past performance.

This ^^ Use him to get #7. Let him hit FA at age 27. We'll get a 3rd round comp and a newer model RB along with a lot of cap space. Bye bye.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 am 

I’m down with what Kodak has been saying now.

I don’t like paying a RB $14.5 M, but if we can’t find any FAs on defense to make better use of that money, play him through the tag and then let him walk and get your comp pick.

If we CAN find some FA help on defense and need that $14.5 M, then let him go.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:51 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Perhaps this dude's future is in Rap. All he does is talk.... Count me in the skeptical group. This is why.....

Quote:
@JFowlerESPN
Le'Veon Bell said on Instagram Live that he won't sit out the 2018 season if he doesn't have a long-term contract, but he will miss training camp. "It's just a re-run of last year," he said. https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/ ... 9633180673
Tomlin has taught his players well. Do what you do, if you will. :roll:

That doesn't even make sense.

Pretty much every player in the league that gets tagged sits out camp.

It's the only bargaining chip they have.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:36 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

This ^^ Use him to get #7. Let him hit FA at age 27. We'll get a 3rd round comp and a newer model RB along with a lot of cap space. Bye bye.

My concerns.........

What if he really sits out 4 games like his latest threat? If he would come to camp, keep his big fucking mouth shut, work his ass off for the $14M+, then I can live with it, but I would rather try to work out a trade right now so we can get some picks in this draft, fix this piece of shit defense, sign some free agents with the savings vs. risking the drama again, losing in the playoffs and wasting another year of Ben.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:31 pm 

I do not blame Bell at all for sitting out camp. Smart decision.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 pm 

Steelergenie wrote:
He's sucked enough dollars out of the Steelers to continue his raping career.

Um. :shock:

:D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:01 pm 

SteelKnife wrote:
I do not blame Bell at all for sitting out camp. Smart decision.

Unless PIT screws him by rescinding the tag. After July 16th, I don't think he has any leverage because PIT can't offer a l-t deal after that point.

And since they are very unlikely to tag him a 3rd time, he reallly gets nothing sitting out but risks them rescinding the tag. Maybe that's what he wants, but his options as a FA have to be considerably limited at that point.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:30 pm 

Leveon looked very slow to me the first four games of last season. Missing camp is not good. If I'm paying someone 14million, then I better get 100% of them all sixteen games plus playoffs. I hate this "easing into the season" crap.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Leveon looked very slow to me the first four games of last season. Missing camp is not good. If I'm paying someone 14million, then I better get 100% of them all sixteen games plus playoffs. I hate this "easing into the season" crap.

Completely agree. That's why rescinding the tag is a possibliity, IMO. We had an easy schedule last year, with a REALLY easy start. We may not have the luxury of Bell working his way up to game speed over 3-4 games.

Bell looked shredded last year, as always. But I'd be curious what weight he was playing at. 10 lbs could easily cost him the half-step he appeared to have lost.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next