It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.

Griffin's tape is so much better than Gesicki's. It's not close. Watch the tape and forget about his hand.

Gesicki's in air body control and hops come from his V Ball background for sure.

I think drafting Griffin for a Joker role is his natural fit. He needs space to roam and a running start to consistently beat a block and make a play.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.

Griffin's tape is so much better than Gesicki's. It's not close. Watch the tape and forget about his hand.

i get that totally, i see his tape i just think it aint translating up a level on sundays..dont sdee it..we shall see..AND i think Gisecki will actually be better in the NFL where its much more a matchup game, and the packers would be a great fit for him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm 

I like Gisecki to the Packers. A team/offense that will use him correctly. Nice selection.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm 

Thanks gents. Agreed Gisecki seems like a natural fit on the Packers. With Jordy running on fumes and Cobb set to get expensive quick a target to threaten the middle of the field was definitely a need.

I don't think he's Vernon Davis as his workout might suggest, but I do think with a year of NFL coaching g and weights he could be similarly productive to Jimmy Graham.

Kinda swinging for the fences with both Davenport and Gisecki.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm 

jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Great pick treat..Gisecki on the packers? Hell of a fit in that offesnse and with AR throwing to him, matchup nightmare indeed.

Great athlete-- anybody got a clip of him threatening the seam? To me, Gesicki is a very athletic big WR. Nothing wrong with that, and it might work on the Packers, but Gesicki isn't as good as his workout. I sense a theme with the Penn State guys: the strength and conditioning program must be ridiculously good.

I agree on the WR assessment. He is a more natural catcher than JJ ( who tends to fight the ball).

Watching him run that post drill at the combine, I didn't really see 4.4-something speed. Looked considerably slower than that. Baugh (also mostly a big-WR-type) looked faster doing football things.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:09 pm 

Ice wrote:
Watching him run that post drill at the combine, I didn't really see 4.4-something speed. Looked considerably slower than that. Baugh (also mostly a big-WR-type) looked faster doing football things.

Speed isn't Gesicki's game-- all about high pointing and winning at the catch point. You can see it in the fact that most of his great plays/production is outside the numbers. You're not going to throw nor win as many jump balls in the middle of the field traffic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:17 pm 

I just thought, after he really surprised me with the 40 time; going pretty much unopposed with no real jam, etc, that he'd cover that ground a little faster. I mean, if you've got it, flaunt it. Workouts were definitely more impressive than drills.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:03 pm 

Damn it 43....was hoping he would slide a few more picks. Best interior lineman not named Quenton Nelson in the draft. Nice pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:03 pm 

Arizona has traded pick 2.47 to Philadelpha for Nick Foles and pick 4.132. We are excited to add a Super Bowl winning QB to what we feel is a championship level defence. Philly is on the clock.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:44 pm 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Damn it 43....was hoping he would slide a few more picks. Best interior lineman not named Quenton Nelson in the draft. Nice pick.

Blame the Packers. I wanted Gesicki. But he's a good consolation. Especially since I got Nelson too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:51 pm 

Let’s all hope for SBI that he browns don’t have a draft like that !!
And two more picks end of round 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 am 

Billy Price is a nice pick Greek. Fills a huge need, and he was a fringe first rounder before his combine bench press injury.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:02 am 

Charles Demarr wrote:
Billy Price is a nice pick Greek. Fills a huge need, and he was a fringe first rounder before his combine bench press injury.

Thank you sir

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 am 

That's a nice haul Greek.

One of the many reasons Buffalo ought to be in the Cousins/Foles market a little harder. They have a pretty good team and are going to load it up this draft.

The Jets are a dysfunctional mess with little existing talent. The Broncos are a disaster on the OL, just traded away their best CB, they've lost numerous pieces out of the middle of that dominant D they had just a few years ago, and their offensive skill position players are overrated. Why would a FA QB who has his pick of teams go to either over a handful of talent-ascending teams that happen to have no QB?

Minnesota
Buffalo
Jacksonville
Cleveland
Miami, even.

If I'm Cousins' agent, I'm pestering the Jags, Vikings, and Buffalo every day.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
That's a nice haul Greek.

One of the many reasons Buffalo ought to be in the Cousins/Foles market a little harder. They have a pretty good team and are going to load it up this draft.

The Jets are a dysfunctional mess with little existing talent. The Broncos are a disaster on the OL, just traded away their best CB, they've lost numerous pieces out of the middle of that dominant D they had just a few years ago, and their offensive skill position players are overrated. Why would a FA QB who has his pick of teams go to either over a handful of talent-ascending teams that happen to have no QB?

Minnesota
Buffalo
Jacksonville
Cleveland
Miami, even.

If I'm Cousins' agent, I'm pestering the Jags, Vikings, and Buffalo every day.

Thanks. Agreed, isnt Cousins all but going to the vikings? Jags look like they bet on Bortles. But ya Buffalo aint that far away talent wise although full disclosure not completley up to speed on their cap situation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:00 am 

Buffalo has $24M in cap space now, plus both Tyrod and Benjamin are almost pure salary, meaning they can cut/restructure to make more room. I'd so much rather go play QB in Buffalo than Denver or the Jets. I heard the Jets are the leader in the sweepstakes, but maybe that's Cousins' people making it sound like he has this giant offer from the Jets in order to jack up the other offers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:08 am 

Could have sworn i read the Vikes were prepared to offer Cousins 3 yrs 91mil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:04 am 

GreekSteel wrote:

If he's going to the Vikes, that puts Keenum and Bridgewater at the very least into play, right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:13 am 

Ice wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

If he's going to the Vikes, that puts Keenum and Bridgewater at the very least into play, right?

None of the Vikes QBs are under contract, IIRC. Bradford, too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:32 am 

Dammit i thought Goedert was gone ..or else he would have been the Bills pick, thats what happens when ure half asleep makin a pick...nice one B2B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:41 am 

I will be shocked if Perch doesn't draft a QB with one of these picks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:02 pm 

We've just passed the quarter pole... good job, asshats.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:19 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

I didn’t buy into any of these QBs and this is the best free agent pool of QBs I can remember. I decided to build the roster up for the next QB to succeed. Give Kizer a year to grow and bring in an established vet QB to run the show. See what you’ve got at QB with talent around them then make a move for a QB in the next draft.

RB. Saquon Barkley and Duke Johnson
WR. Josh Gordon, James Washington, Calvin Ridley, Corey Coleman
TE. David Njoku and Mark Andrews
I’d like to think a QB can win with that and a pretty solid oline they already have.

The defense was solid last year. I added the top CB and FS in the draft plus an interior pass rusher to wave in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm 

SP wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I didn’t buy into any of these QBs and this is the best free agent pool of QBs I can remember. I decided to build the roster up for the next QB to succeed. Give Kizer a year to grow and bring in an established vet QB to run the show. See what you’ve got at QB with talent around them then make a move for a QB in the next draft.

RB. Saquon Barkley and Duke Johnson
WR. Josh Gordon, James Washington, Calvin Ridley, Corey Coleman
TE. David Njoku and Mark Andrews
I’d like to think a QB can win with that and a pretty solid oline they already have.

The defense was solid last year. I added the top CB and FS in the draft plus an interior pass rusher to wave in.

i think you said pretty much the same thing in last years mock :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:40 pm 

SP wrote:
Give Kizer a year to grow and bring in an established vet QB to run the show. See what you’ve got at QB with talent around them then make a move for a QB in the next draft.

Translation for those who don't speak Cleveland:
Start Kizer. When he inevitably sucks, bench him for the vet. When the Vet gets hurt, put Kizer back in. Kizer sucks again and fans call for the 3rd stringer, who starts week 16 & 17 and looks OK. Hugh Jackson gets fired after going 3-13, Kizer gets cut, and the Browns pass on a QB in the top 5 again next year in an effort to acquire more picks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next