It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 2982
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Great pick treat..Gisecki on the packers? Hell of a fit in that offesnse and with AR throwing to him, matchup nightmare indeed.

Great athlete-- anybody got a clip of him threatening the seam? To me, Gesicki is a very athletic big WR. Nothing wrong with that, and it might work on the Packers, but Gesicki isn't as good as his workout. I sense a theme with the Penn State guys: the strength and conditioning program must be ridiculously good.


I agree on the WR assessment. He is a more natural catcher than JJ ( who tends to fight the ball).

_________________
"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at." - Jimmy Demaret


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1276
As far as TEs go, I like Tyler Conklin in the middle rounds. Hell of a good athlete, and plays with a bit of nastiness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9019
jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Great pick treat..Gisecki on the packers? Hell of a fit in that offesnse and with AR throwing to him, matchup nightmare indeed.

Great athlete-- anybody got a clip of him threatening the seam? To me, Gesicki is a very athletic big WR. Nothing wrong with that, and it might work on the Packers, but Gesicki isn't as good as his workout. I sense a theme with the Penn State guys: the strength and conditioning program must be ridiculously good.


I agree on the WR assessment. He is a more natural catcher than JJ ( who tends to fight the ball).




id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15789
jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Great pick treat..Gisecki on the packers? Hell of a fit in that offesnse and with AR throwing to him, matchup nightmare indeed.

Great athlete-- anybody got a clip of him threatening the seam? To me, Gesicki is a very athletic big WR. Nothing wrong with that, and it might work on the Packers, but Gesicki isn't as good as his workout. I sense a theme with the Penn State guys: the strength and conditioning program must be ridiculously good.


I agree on the WR assessment. He is a more natural catcher than JJ ( who tends to fight the ball).

Actually love Gesicki's hands and body control when leaping. Plays above the rim.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15789
GreekSteel wrote:
id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.

Griffin's tape is so much better than Gesicki's. It's not close. Watch the tape and forget about his hand.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1304
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.

Griffin's tape is so much better than Gesicki's. It's not close. Watch the tape and forget about his hand.


Gesicki's in air body control and hops come from his V Ball background for sure.

I think drafting Griffin for a Joker role is his natural fit. He needs space to roam and a running start to consistently beat a block and make a play.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9019
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.

Griffin's tape is so much better than Gesicki's. It's not close. Watch the tape and forget about his hand.




i get that totally, i see his tape i just think it aint translating up a level on sundays..dont sdee it..we shall see..AND i think Gisecki will actually be better in the NFL where its much more a matchup game, and the packers would be a great fit for him


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1276
I like Gisecki to the Packers. A team/offense that will use him correctly. Nice selection.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:59 pm
Posts: 165
Thanks gents. Agreed Gisecki seems like a natural fit on the Packers. With Jordy running on fumes and Cobb set to get expensive quick a target to threaten the middle of the field was definitely a need.

I don't think he's Vernon Davis as his workout might suggest, but I do think with a year of NFL coaching g and weights he could be similarly productive to Jimmy Graham.

Kinda swinging for the fences with both Davenport and Gisecki.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4299
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Great pick treat..Gisecki on the packers? Hell of a fit in that offesnse and with AR throwing to him, matchup nightmare indeed.

Great athlete-- anybody got a clip of him threatening the seam? To me, Gesicki is a very athletic big WR. Nothing wrong with that, and it might work on the Packers, but Gesicki isn't as good as his workout. I sense a theme with the Penn State guys: the strength and conditioning program must be ridiculously good.


I agree on the WR assessment. He is a more natural catcher than JJ ( who tends to fight the ball).


Watching him run that post drill at the combine, I didn't really see 4.4-something speed. Looked considerably slower than that. Baugh (also mostly a big-WR-type) looked faster doing football things.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group