It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 GM Board Draft Discussion Thread!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:09 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Great pick treat..Gisecki on the packers? Hell of a fit in that offesnse and with AR throwing to him, matchup nightmare indeed.

Great athlete-- anybody got a clip of him threatening the seam? To me, Gesicki is a very athletic big WR. Nothing wrong with that, and it might work on the Packers, but Gesicki isn't as good as his workout. I sense a theme with the Penn State guys: the strength and conditioning program must be ridiculously good.

I agree on the WR assessment. He is a more natural catcher than JJ ( who tends to fight the ball).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:11 pm 

As far as TEs go, I like Tyler Conklin in the middle rounds. Hell of a good athlete, and plays with a bit of nastiness.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm 

jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Great pick treat..Gisecki on the packers? Hell of a fit in that offesnse and with AR throwing to him, matchup nightmare indeed.

Great athlete-- anybody got a clip of him threatening the seam? To me, Gesicki is a very athletic big WR. Nothing wrong with that, and it might work on the Packers, but Gesicki isn't as good as his workout. I sense a theme with the Penn State guys: the strength and conditioning program must be ridiculously good.

I agree on the WR assessment. He is a more natural catcher than JJ ( who tends to fight the ball).

id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm 

jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Actually love Gesicki's hands and body control when leaping. Plays above the rim.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
id rather roll the dice by far on Giseckis rawness and natural atheltic ability than Shaqs ability to play at his weight and physical limitations but thats just me.

Griffin's tape is so much better than Gesicki's. It's not close. Watch the tape and forget about his hand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Griffin's tape is so much better than Gesicki's. It's not close. Watch the tape and forget about his hand.

Gesicki's in air body control and hops come from his V Ball background for sure.

I think drafting Griffin for a Joker role is his natural fit. He needs space to roam and a running start to consistently beat a block and make a play.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

i get that totally, i see his tape i just think it aint translating up a level on sundays..dont sdee it..we shall see..AND i think Gisecki will actually be better in the NFL where its much more a matchup game, and the packers would be a great fit for him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:44 pm 

I like Gisecki to the Packers. A team/offense that will use him correctly. Nice selection.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:50 pm 

Thanks gents. Agreed Gisecki seems like a natural fit on the Packers. With Jordy running on fumes and Cobb set to get expensive quick a target to threaten the middle of the field was definitely a need.

I don't think he's Vernon Davis as his workout might suggest, but I do think with a year of NFL coaching g and weights he could be similarly productive to Jimmy Graham.

Kinda swinging for the fences with both Davenport and Gisecki.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:54 pm 

jebrick wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Watching him run that post drill at the combine, I didn't really see 4.4-something speed. Looked considerably slower than that. Baugh (also mostly a big-WR-type) looked faster doing football things.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next