It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fire Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:38 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Is it time for a Any Tomlin Defenders Left? thread?

I am waiting for a certain dick weed to accuse all of you for being racists for wanting Fraudlin fired...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 am 

I know a lot of you guys don't like him but I think he's one of the few people actually calling Tomlin out like he should be called out:

Quote:
"As the momentum of Cowher has dissipated and it's now Mike Tomlin's team, the offensive stars are calling out Tomlin because his side of the ball isn't working."

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/1042466349782589440

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:32 am 

Almost reminds me of the dysfunctional leadership/accountability issues on some of the teams in Friday Night Tykes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:51 am 

RemoAZ wrote:
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but I think he's one of the few people actually calling Tomlin out like he should be called out:

Quote:
"As the momentum of Cowher has dissipated and it's now Mike Tomlin's team, the offensive stars are calling out Tomlin because his side of the ball isn't working."

Cowherd is a tool but I can’t disagree with anything he said. Sad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:09 am 

RemoAZ wrote:

Quote:

What many of us who watch this team consistently have been saying for years. It wouldn't be any more obvious if it walked up and smacked you in the face. Somehow there are still Tomlin supporters out there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:54 am 

RemoAZ wrote:

Quote:

Of course he makes valid points and to deny this is nonsense... except he's leaving out the offensive side of the football. And he's leaving out the loss of Shazier.

I'll give credit to Tomlin for being part of the brain trust that drafted the offensive players and built this offense except for Ben. And good on Tomlin for his Villanueva find (that was big)

Beyond that... Tomlin does nothing to help this offense,... his conservative philosophy hinders it.

Woodson went down in '95 and yet that team made it to the SB.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:10 am 

I'll add this...

We had a decade of historically great defense that started pre Tomlin. That machine was already in place and it was masterminded by Lebeau.

The offense under Tomlin has never been one of the very best in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:45 am 

Baltostiller wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:

Quote:

Cowherd is a tool but I can’t disagree with anything he said. Sad.

Who has called Tomlin out?

Outside of making up some kind of offensive star revolt against Tomlin he's exactly right. :roll:

Last edited by fortythree on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 am 

Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

We had a decade of historically great defense that started pre Tomlin. That machine was already in place and it was masterminded by Lebeau.

So the last four seasons when the offense was Top 10 in points scored never happened?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:11 am 

fortythree wrote:
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

So the last four seasons when the offense was Top 10 in points scored never happened?

Steelers were at the very top of the league in defense (at times) for a decade along with the Ravens

This offense has never been one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin. We dominated the league on defense under the mastermind Lebeau. This offense although very good has never dominated the league like say the Falcons the year they made it to the SB.

If we had the best offense or one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin, that might have been enough to get us to another SB even if the defense was lacking.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am 

Havoc wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

Steelers were at the very top of the league in defense (at times) for a decade along with the Ravens

This offense has never been one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin. We dominated the league on defense under the mastermind Lebeau. This offense although very good has never dominated the league like say the Falcons the year they made it to the SB.

If we had the best offense or one of the top 2 offenses in the league under Tomlin, that might have been enough to get us to another SB even if the defense was lacking.

The offense certainly has never been consistent enough to carry the team in the playoffs or against good teams like the defense was for so long. The one constant is a top 5 qb. You should always be at least decent with a top 5 qb in this league.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:56 pm 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I am waiting for a certain dick weed to accuse all of you for being racists for wanting Fraudlin fired...

I think STD is still banned and hasn't come up with a new moniker yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:11 pm 

Obviously wrote:
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

Are you a dog person?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:13 pm 

fortythree wrote:
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

You're excited about top 10 in the league when, for the last several years we have trotted out a CERTAIN first ballot Hall of Famer at QB, a WR some are calling the BEST EVER and who is clearly also on his way to the Hall of Fame and a RB who is known as the best in the entire league (not only as an amazing RB, also as a very dangerous receiver).

You're gonna be excited about a few top 10 finishes with that group?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:32 pm 

I wonder how many times a team has finished among the tops in the league offensively and then failed to score a single TD in a postseason game.

I’d bet not many.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:52 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Are you a dog person?

I've owned a dog only once. Fuck cats.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:31 am 

KC wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Havoc wrote:
I'll add this...

You're excited about top 10 in the league when, for the last several years we have trotted out a CERTAIN first ballot Hall of Famer at QB, a WR some are calling the BEST EVER and who is clearly also on his way to the Hall of Fame and a RB who is known as the best in the entire league (not only as an amazing RB, also as a very dangerous receiver).

That's moving the goalposts. My personal opinion on anything is irrelevant. Havoc said the offense had never been one of the very best in the league. I pointed out why that is wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:34 am 

fortythree wrote:
That's moving the goalposts. My personal opinion on anything is irrelevant. Havoc said the offense had never been one of the very best in the league. I pointed out why that is wrong.

Oh, okay.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:59 am 

fortythree wrote:
KC wrote:
fortythree wrote:

Claiming victory does not equal having victory. The only thing you've shown is your agenda.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:40 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Claiming victory does not equal having victory. The only thing you've shown is your agenda.

Lying about never having a top offense isn't showing an agenda?

I don't have an agenda. I don't think Tomlin deserves to have a job for life but I also don't go out of my way to find reasons to blame Tomlin for everything like so many here do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next